New York EMPIRE

commander cody13

That logo is fantastic. Don't change a thing about it.

On the back, I'd like to see the names go in the top color area. And for some reason I find that number font really jarring. I'd rather see something with taller number shapes that looks a bit more art deco, to match the soaring 1930s style of the building itself. Your numbers are a bit too thick all around, and the balance between the curved corners and the sharp serifs just lack the elegance necessary to grace a shirt with your excellent logo.

Oh, and I would make the shirt with the gold my third; I prefer the way the white and the blue make your logo stand out.

20082614447.png

On the back, I'd like to see the names go in the top color area.

Dead on.

And for some reason I find that number font really jarring. I'd rather see something with taller number shapes that looks a bit more art deco, to match the soaring 1930s style of the building itself. Your numbers are a bit too thick all around, and the balance between the curved corners and the sharp serifs just lack the elegance necessary to grace a shirt with your excellent logo.

Dead on again.

Like 2 peas in a pod, 'Wonk nailed my biggest gripes with your otherwise nice concept.

The name looks scrunched under the striping, and my suggestion about using an Art Deco font goes back to when you first did your logo concept. I remain firm in that opinion - the Empire State Building is one of the best standing examples of Art Deco architecture; using a font that complimented that would look a thousand times better, even if it's not a "traditional" athletic font. It's still better than recycling the Senators' numbers.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Exactly. That's the font I was looking for. It actually came out better than I expected.

Is the chest number going to be mandatory? I am hoping not. If it's a device the Sabres started to be unique, well then good for them. It still doesn't look right on a hockey sweater to me.

Is there a better place for the RBK logo? It does impose on the player names a little bit, and actually stands out more because it's mostly white.

One final suggestion - move the numbers on the sleeves a little closer to the shoulder; where they are placed now is around the elbow.

Looking very good, cc*.

* not to be confused with Benevolent Overlord and Founder CC. You start your own web site, you'll get capital letters as well.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

i think he is saying the logos are similar, which they are. The empire state building is inside a circle, thats about it. your illustration works better IMO, so forget it. true, its not the most creative view and treatment, but it works. the third jersey should be the home, and the away should be a version of the home where navy and white are traded for eachother. no navy on the bottom or top. the current home could work as an alt i guess, but i dont think you need one. i don't think the number font works well as a nameplate font, maybe you should try changing it. also, the name gets kind of lost because it is so close to the stripe and collar, maybe u could drop the stripe down a little bit?

Archived