West Virgina

meetthemets

Okay, name calling can proceed because you are definitely a dumbass who has no ability to read or think outside of the lines. When I said PROGRAM is on the rise, I mean our ATHLETIC PROGRAM. What moron would read that along with the fact that our basketball team finished 12-14 would think I was talking solely about the basketball team? When I could care less, I mean I DO care in that they are in our program (see last sentence for clarification on the word) but I am not enthused or happy with them at all.

I pulled for UNC all through the post-Smith era with Guthridge, Doherty, etc. I don't particularly follow USC basketball although of course I am aware when they win or lose...or in this year's case, get blown out by 35 points on a regular occasion.

I am not taking jabs to say my university is better, the team I pulled for scraped your asses off the court this year and you haven't been able to beat them in your entire existence in the Dean Dome. I took the jab because I hate everything about Clemson University and will take every opportunity to poke fun at them.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it's nice to see that the university that produced Mike Vanderjagt, Chris Henry, and Pacman Jones has something to be marginally proud of in the field of athletics. [/Virginian rant]

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

I think we have today's "unclear on the purpose of these boards" winner.... :rolleyes:

There are ample websites devoted to "undying support" of your university. This website happens to be all about Sports Logos, General Design and Concepts.

I don't know if that's entirely fair.

There is a sizable minority of threads here that get taken every which way.

Of the 2 I can think of (1 of which, I admit, I am aprtially responsible for) where SCHP's diverted from the thread's original topic, 1 is a mature [i.e. no name calling, no "YOU SUCK!!!1!1oneone!!" comments] discussion over the marketing of 2 southern schools who happen to both use a common moniker. In this one, he's getting goaded into a fight he is not starting, and is defending his beloved school against an archrival. Two wrongs don't make a right, but one discussion is still about sports

But neither is about the subject of the thread. Neither is even about logos anymore. Both of them have veered wildly off-topic, and seem only to serve private grudges about school rivals.

There are places for those threads. We don't need to derail other conversations for them. Doesn't matter who starts it, really.

And I'm sorry, but he's the one who complained about having to read threads about logos and concepts. It seems perfectly fair, therefore, to remind him that this is a sports logos board.

Okay, name calling can proceed because you are definitely a dumbass who has no ability to read or think outside of the lines. When I said PROGRAM is on the rise, I mean our ATHLETIC PROGRAM. What moron would read that along with the fact that our basketball team finished 12-14 would think I was talking solely about the basketball team?

The original intent of this thread was to point out a typo in the WVU Championship shirts. That being said, up until the point you decided to once again show everyone on this board what a complete retard you are, the thread has been about BASKETBALL. You made a comment about Clemson's BASKETBALL team choking, I came back at you with a comment about SC's BASKETBALL team being horrible. You came back with "I could care less about SC BASKETBALL, I'm a UNC BASKETBALL fan!" Forgive me for assuming you were still talking about BASKETBALL in your next reply. In addition to that, there hasn't really been anything about your athletic program that led me to believe it was on the rise either, so forgive me again for not understanding what you were talking about (and for the sake of the group, please spare us from your reply on why you think your program is "on the rise" because I, nor anyone else here gives a rat's ass.)

And sorry to everyone about all this arguing. You see what being a Clemson fans is like every year, listening to SC fans make stupid comment after stupid comment. I'm sure you'll get a couple more before the thread is dead so get some popcorn, crack open a beer and enjoy.

Okay, name calling can proceed because you are definitely a dumbass who has no ability to read or think outside of the lines. When I said PROGRAM is on the rise, I mean our ATHLETIC PROGRAM. What moron would read that along with the fact that our basketball team finished 12-14 would think I was talking solely about the basketball team?

The original intent of this thread was to point out a typo in the WVU Championship shirts. That being said, up until the point you decided to once again show everyone on this board what a complete retard you are, the thread has been about BASKETBALL. You made a comment about Clemson's BASKETBALL team choking, I came back at you with a comment about SC's BASKETBALL team being horrible. You came back with "I could care less about SC BASKETBALL, I'm a UNC BASKETBALL fan!" Forgive me for assuming you were still talking about BASKETBALL in your next reply. In addition to that, there hasn't really been anything about your athletic program that led me to believe it was on the rise either, so forgive me again for not understanding what you were talking about (and for the sake of the group, please spare us from your reply on why you think your program is "on the rise" because I, nor anyone else here gives a rat's ass.)

And sorry to everyone about all this arguing. You see what being a Clemson fans is like every year, listening to SC fans make stupid comment after stupid comment. I'm sure you'll get a couple more before the thread is dead so get some popcorn, crack open a beer and enjoy.

How many threads is this that you've turned into a SC/Clemson flamewar?

Besides, everyone knows UGA basically pwnz0rz the both of them, and I don't even like the Bulldogs.

Is there something wrong with the shirt

There are three "i"s in "Virginia." Or at least there should be.

I bet it was made in Mexico! it would sound right to them with the accent on the n :)

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

The gravedigger cometh...

The gravedigger diggeth...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

For those wacky fans arguing over what team is No. 66 in the country, and also don't realize that teams like Central Connecticut got into the big dance cause they won their conference tournament, let's focus...

A Win Is A Win, Even If It's Spelled Wrong

CHARLESTON, W.Va., March 31, 2007

(AP) Ouch! These T-shirts are hardly worthy of the NIT champions.

They say "West Virgina." That's right, no "i" before the "a."

The Mountaineers wore them anyway after their 78-73 victory over Clemson on Thursday night, their first NIT title in 65 years.

WVU sports information director Shelly Poe said the NIT printed the shirts. Calls to tournament officials were not immediately returned Friday.

West Virginia coach John Beilein was heading to the Final Four in Atlanta on Friday and could not be reached for comment.

© MMVII The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

hahahah Clemson chokes again! They recieve choke artist university of the year. Start basketball season 17-0, lost 11 of last 19 games. Football they started out hot and highly ranked, then choked and lost to the football powerhouse Kentucky in a bowl game! I love it.

(wait, i thought you were a tigger fan, mets?)

You should be talking.

SC Basketball 2007 record: 14-16

First 12 games: 10-2

Last 18 games: 4-14

Once again, you lose another SC/Clemson argument. Keep up the good work, slugger. Come back anytime.

Sheesh calm down buddy. First off, I could care less about South Carolina basketball and would be glad to tell you they are horrible and an embarassment to the university. I also would like for Dave Odom to resign...I'd much rather have Winthrop's Gregg Marshall- great coach from what I have seen. Yet, at least we did win our back-to-back NIT Championships when it came down to the line.

As far as North Carolina bashing, you are sadly mistaken- UNC is my favorite basketball team and has been since I was 8 years old. When it comes to all other sports (football, baseball) I am very outspoken in supporting my Gamecocks, and damn proud of them!

And let's not talk about throwing topics off course...I have seen what some of the weirdos on these boards post in threads that make no sense at all and make me go "hmm...who did THIS guy hang out with when he was younger?" I make a simple comment in a thread about Carolina and then it hits a nerve...THAT is when the thread goes haywire. I enjoy that it strikes a nerve, it says something about the nature of our program right now and meetthemets is a perfect example.

But meetthemets, I think you have a problem with name-calling...maybe it is an inferiority complex or something? Or you could just be a teenager. Either way, it looks pretty immature especially when you resort to calling someone a dumbass 3 times in one sentence.

If I have to endure the pain of reading every single post about a fake jersey on eBay, a jersey "concept" that simply adds a horizontal line across the chest, or how Coca-Cola introduces a silver bottle for Diet Coke while also using a grey bottle...then you can endure my quick jabs of undying support for my university.

I can't endorse the namecalling, but he does have a point.

You do display a tendency to drag threads far off-topic into petty slams against rival teams.

I don't like name calling either but when your team goes 14-16 and loses 14 out of their last 18 games, calling another team "chokers" makes you look like a dumbass, hence the proper terminology in this case.

But they are chokers. They choked once again this season. Hence...chokers.

Why is that everytime I see SCHelmetProject commenting on something I can be 99% sure that he's dragging the topic waaaaayyyy off topic by randomly insulting Clemson?

We get it: you don't like Clemson. Now either say something meaningful or shut up.

Clemson sucks and so does SC. This is like an argument between a D-Rays fan and a Marlins fan (apparently they do have fans) for who's the top baseball team in Florida

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Archived