Introducing D-League NBA Nights

jhans203

Anaheim in Clipper gear. Yeah it won't happen in the Sterling Era, but another sign of the Clippers moving to the place formerly known as The Pond?

Lakers Dodgers Angels Kings Dolphins Galaxy Liverpool FC UC Santa Barbara USC Trojans UNLV Rebels

"Hey, I've got it! Instead of actually calling them up... let's let them wear the uniforms to give them a shred of hope!!"

Lame. Especially when you consider the fact that they're only doing about 1/3rd of the league.

philly.png

screw that. how about these nba rejects earn the right to wear these unis

Could you make it in the D-League? Probably not. So somehow you're trashing guys who are doing something you're inable to do? Of course I could be totally wrong, but I don't think I am. So why don't you give the guys who are living their dream a break. You reject.

P.S. I hate basketball, but I sort of like this idea.. reaching out into communities that don't hold NBA teams to try to form a bond between them and the minor league club.

Sounds like a nice idea (BTW, how is this different from AHL or ECHL teams wearing their parent's sweater or minor league baseball teams wearing their parent's jersey for the night).

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Could you make it in the D-League? Probably not. So somehow you're trashing guys who are doing something you're inable to do? Of course I could be totally wrong, but I don't think I am. So why don't you give the guys who are living their dream a break. You reject.

P.S. I hate basketball, but I sort of like this idea.. reaching out into communities that don't hold NBA teams to try to form a bond between them and the minor league club.

could i make it? hmm, perhaps. i can play. i'd consider myself above average. i could beat you. i know that. :P

i'm just getting a kick out of you calling me a reject. you dont know anything about me. go do something productive, kiddo. starting arguments on the internet won't get you anywhere. :rolleyes:

could i make it? hmm, perhaps. i can play. i'd consider myself above average. i could beat you. i know that. :P

i'm just getting a kick out of you calling me a reject. you dont know anything about me. go do something productive, kiddo. starting arguments on the internet won't get you anywhere. :rolleyes:

I was refering to you calling a collective group of individuals that you don't know rejects. You basically just contradicted your first statement with your latest one.

Also, I'll admit you could beat me, but that's not saying much. Stevie Wonder could kick my ass in a game of 1 on 1, I haven't played a meaningful game of basketball since I was 14.

Who do you play for?

i think this is a great idea, its nothing ridiculous like wearing them every game or never mentioning that they have a couple parent teams, but it is somewhere in the middle. I think it would be better if they wore different teams' jerseys, like why does Sioux Falls wear the Pistons red jersey 3 times? They could wear the Timberwolves blue once and it would almost match their color scheme, they need to spread the love. BigBrain61: the whole league is covered in this promotion, all teams are taking part, not 1/3rd.

yeah, i wrote about the topic, not about speedy and howboutthemfins' 1v1 game, sue me.

These are the things that I see that are wrong with it:

1.) Only 12 NBA teams (out of 30) are represented in this production.

2.) The NBA merchandising moguls again jump at the chance to sell or produce alternate jerseys. Forcing all of the variant jerseys on us this year is bad enough. I can't even count the number of times the away team wore white because Golden State wanted to wear throwback yellows, or Orlando wanted to wear Penny Hardaway black pinstripes. New York's St. Patty's Day green? New Orlean's Valentine's red? It happens all the time that teams aren't satisfied wearing the jerseys they have, when they should.

Here, 7 teams wear alternates (out of 12). 1 teams wears home jerseys (that also happen to be colored, so no white jerseys AT ALL). The remaining 4 wear away jerseys, but again, the alternates dominate all.

3.) It says that they will be wearing "authentic uniforms of one of their NBA team affiliates," but it looks like they're wearing replicas in the picture.

Other than that, it's seems like a good idea.

I looked at the D-League standings....when did the league move west? Wasn't the league originally made up of teams from the Southeast, like Asheville?

last 2 years they've expanded Westward by legit expansion and by looting teams from the CBA after the collapse of the Southeastern teams.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Anaheim in Clipper gear. Yeah it won't happen in the Sterling Era, but another sign of the Clippers moving to the place formerly known as The Pond?

Get real. I actually was thinking Vegas, but Sterling is NOT moving. Sorry?

I dont care for the idea. Like we need the NBA uniforms to make the connection. Ahh duhhh. Thats like the 51s in dodgers gear or vero beach with LA hats, thats dumb.

Archived