Is Real Madrid's director an arrogant jerk?

rmackman

Real Madrid sporting director Predrag Mijatovic said this about trying to pry Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka away from their respective clubs:

"He plays with a team who do not want to let him go. I think that sooner or later Kaka, like Cristiano Ronaldo, will end up playing at Real Madrid because this is the most important club in the world and any player wants to come here."

I would beg to differe there are plenty of other clubs people would rather play for. Don't get so high on yourself there, bub!

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Real Madrid sporting director Predrag Mijatovic said this about trying to pry Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka away from their respective clubs:

"He plays with a team who do not want to let him go. I think that sooner or later Kaka, like Cristiano Ronaldo, will end up playing at Real Madrid because this is the most important club in the world and any player wants to come here."

I would beg to differe there are plenty of other clubs people would rather play for. Don't get so high on yourself there, bub!

I think with the proven track record that Real Madrid has of acquiring top talent, I don't see his remarks to be all that off base. Of course, he could've chose his words alot better than what he did, but oh well.

So is Real Madrid the Toronto Maple Leafs of soccer or have they actually won something in the last 40 years? :P

This coming from the guy who said the Bears are definately winning the Super Bowl because of their "Gator presence."

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

So is Real Madrid the Toronto Maple Leafs of soccer or have they actually won something in the last 40 years? :P

Unfortunately, yes. But they're currently in a comparable (for them) drought. 4 years without a trophy! Ho noes!

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

This coming from the guy who said the Bears are definately winning the Super Bowl because of their "Gator presence."

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

It's one thing if I joke around on a private board, but it's a different ballgame if you're spewing that junk to the media in all seriousness.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

First of all, remember that everything that comes out of Madrid has to be translated. Often, a statement takes on an entirely different meaning if just one word is mistranslated, or, short of that, changed to a close synonym. Also, I think he's wrong on both counts, as C. Ronaldo's contract negotiations with Manchester United will be successful, by my estimation, and Kaka would like to stay in Milan where he has enjoyed great success on a team with five of his countrymen.

Real Madrid are the current-day Yankees of soccer.

Instead of scouting and buying talent when it is young and about to peak. They overpay for veterans who are already past their primes.

That is a vast generalization. Their three purchases in January are 18, 19, and 20, and their summer transfers under Pedrag Mijatovic included three players over 30, but also the 25-year-old Mahmadou Diarra and 23-year-old Jose Antonio Reyes. Not to mention, both of the players referenced in the original post are certainly not past their primes. The "overpay" part, I'm not sure I can disagree with, however. :)

To answer the original question: He's arrogant, as is all of Ramon Calderon's cartel, but I'm not sure he's a jerk.

Archived