Lumbergh

Yeah the patch was from Ebbets.

Some more Denver Bears stuff.

ea2f_1.jpg

bc35_1.jpg

bc46_1.jpg

1872_1_b.jpg

681f_1_sbl.jpg

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool stuff, Roxfan. Do you own the jersey that patch is on? Do you have a photo of the front or can you take one and post it? Don't mean to sound demanding, but I'm really curious to see what the script and number looks like. When you ordered it, what year did they say it was supposed to be from? Thanks in advance for your help with this.

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

Cool stuff, Roxfan. Do you own the jersey that patch is on? Do you have a photo of the front or can you take one and post it? Don't mean to sound demanding, but I'm really curious to see what the script and number looks like. When you ordered it, what year did they say it was supposed to be from? Thanks in advance for your help with this.

Nope, didn't purchase the jersey...I wish I could remember where I saw and saved that picture from...trying to find it again.

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

Nope, didn't purchase the jersey...I wish I could remember where I saw and saved that picture from...trying to find it again.

Thanks a million. Glad to see the Rox finally found their bats yesterday, by the way.

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

What a great thread.

These photograhs and illustrations are just fantastic....as well as the conversation.

I'm glad you think so. To tell you the truth, just about every time I type a post on this topic I think to myself, "How many people really give a rat's ass about what the Denver Bears' colors were 45 years ago?" I'm grateful we have a forum to discuss this admittedly esoteric and inconsequential stuff.

Some related Bears'/Ebbets Field Flannels issues are being discussed here:

New Uni Watch (Ebbets Field Flannels)

To tell you the truth, just about every time I type a post on this topic I think to myself, "How many people really give a rat's ass about what the Denver Bears' colors were 45 years ago?" I'm grateful we have a forum to discuss this admittedly esoteric and inconsequential stuff.

Tell me about it - I'm completely obsessed with the American Association Brewers of 1902-1952 and the Portland Beavers of the PCL. If it wasn't for forums like this, I'd be out in the cold.

1872_1_b.jpg

Who knew that Baloo had a stint in the minors?

1606441.jpg

To tell you the truth, just about every time I type a post on this topic I think to myself, "How many people really give a rat's ass about what the Denver Bears' colors were 45 years ago?" I'm grateful we have a forum to discuss this admittedly esoteric and inconsequential stuff.

Tell me about it - I'm completely obsessed with the American Association Brewers of 1902-1952 and the Portland Beavers of the PCL. If it wasn't for forums like this, I'd be out in the cold.

You've probably already seen these, but Ebbets has a killer dugout jacket some cool jerseys for the Beavers:

ptldj.jpgptl57r.jpgptl56h.jpg

Who knew that Baloo had a stint in the minors?

Word is that he had great power from both sides of the plate, but he couldn't hit a curve ball. Also, his work habits weren't the greatest. He reportedly walked around the clubhouse all the time singing a song telling everyone to "forget about your worries and your strife."

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

You're having them do a jacket? Didn't know they'd do that.

Yes, on their last mailer they said they were now doing custom dugout jackets, so I jumped at the chance. Interestingly enough, they're actually less expensive than the jerseys!

Satin jackets only, I presume?

No, the dugout jackets aren't satin, they're cotton twill with zippers. So they're only a sort of modern approximation of the old jackets. Not sure why they don't just do some kind of satin-y material and really try to make them like the old ones.

Well, satin jackets don't really fit their period. I can understand that.

Wow. Do they replicate old ones, or just make them along this template?

haidj.jpgoakdj.jpgkcmdj.jpg

I have to get some ref

I think they'll just do custom versions of dugout jackets, but not confined the template you've shown. For instance, my Bears jacket will have the body color of the Sacramento Solons, and the cuffs, neck and waistband similar to the Montreal Royals, only in navy:

sacgj.jpgmtldj.jpg

Okay, I know, they've got a couple templates. I just like the one with racing stripes better. :D

Yeah, racing stripes are cool! Ebbets does do some more vintage style jackets, like this Homestead Grays beauty:

hgr35j.jpg

Not sure if they'll do custom versions of these, though.

Archived