2007 MLB Preview

NJTank

[sarcasm]

Tank picks the Mets to win the World Series? Seriously?!?

[/sarcasm]

BTW....why are the Yankees listed as being in 3rd place despite having the best record in the AL East?

(Oh....and it's 2007 World Champs (look at the very bottom!))

I agree with most of it, though I actually have the A's winning the World Series.

espnsig.gif

I don't really agree with the O's prediction (I know, I'm a homer). There weren't really any blue-chip free agents available, except for Barry Zito. Soriano and Lee are overrated IMO. Signing any of those three would have taken too much money and years for the O's. If anything they've actually done something smart in free agency (for once). They found their biggest weakness and improved it. Some may argue that spending alot on the bullpen is stupid, but at the same time it's never been done before. So I guess we'll see. But I do know that our bullpen blew something like 22 leads last season. If the improved bullpen can cut that in half we are a .500 team. I'm expecting another 4th place finish, but somewhere between 78-82 wins. But of course I had high hopes last season with the headcases gone .

Expect to See: The A's clogging up the bases and being unable to score

Clogging up the bases?!? Did Dusty Baker move to Jersey and become a large white guy, or are you just a tard when it comes to baseball analysis? "Clogging up the bases." God help me.

I know what it means, I've suffered for four years of "walks clog up the bases, dude." It's indicative of a head-up-your-ass approach to baseball strategy. And oh man. "Team speed"?

Team speed?!? For Christ's Sake, you get :censored:ing goddamn little fleas on the :censored:ing bases getting picked off trying to steal, getting thrown out, taking runs away from you. You get them big :censored:s who can hit the :censored:ing ball out of the ballpark and you can't make any goddamn mistakes.

Not really a prediction for this year, but since you have the Rockies in the race for the NL West, I want to add that the Rockies will make the playoffs in the next couple of years.

IUe6Hvh.png

An entertaining read. They're predictions, so only time will testify to their quality, but you've made some logical points and mixed in a few wild guesses, and have given us plenty to consider.

One mistake I did find is that you put the Blue Jays in second place in the AL East, where I'm sure you meant to put them in first. It's an easy mistake to make and people probably assumed that's what you meant, but I thought I'd point it out anyway.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I think the one constant with these yearly predictions is that the Mets will win it. Probably because he doesn't feel like making a new team logo on commissioner's trophy graphic.

VmWIn6B.png

Joe Girardi's "baseball genius" lost the Marlins more games than he won.

But w/e it's Tank.......

Is that what Loria told the sports talk shows to say?

Nope Larry Beinfest and Mike Hill. :D

Terrible in-game management.

Concerning the A's, they had one of the best defenses in the big leagues last year in terms % of balls put in play that were caught. Although speed doesn't necessarily equal good defense and vice versa, I don't see how a team of "fat guys" can be one of the top defensive teams. The A's aren't the team Billy Beane put together in Moneyball. Beane is now exploiting the defensive market rather than the OBP market.

1997 | 2003

But w/e it's Tank.......

Concerning the A's, they had one of the best defenses in the big leagues last year in terms % of balls put in play that were caught. Although speed doesn't necessarily equal good defense and vice versa, I don't see how a team of "fat guys" can be one of the top defensive teams. The A's aren't the team Billy Beane put together in Moneyball. Beane is now exploiting the defensive market rather than the OBP market.

Without Girardi, that Marlins team wouldn't have even been in position for Girardi's in game management to cost them games.

IUe6Hvh.png

But w/e it's Tank.......

Without Girardi, that Marlins team wouldn't have even been in position for Girardi's in game management to cost them games.

So Girardi was the talent on the field now? Last I checked, most of the guys we got back in trades and brought up from the minor league system were highly regarded prospects. These weren't players off the scrap heap like the 1998 team. No one had ever put together a team of highly regarded A and B prospects on a major league field. Take a look at the Opening Day line up, sans Reggie Abercrombie and Miguel Olivo, every minor leaguer the Marlins trotted out was a top prospect in the organization he came from. You can do the same with the starting rotation.

When it came down to putting the team in the best position to win games, Joe Girardi failed miserably with in game tactics and questionable roster moves (oh and becoming power hungry and feuding with a top 10 GM and the owner). The majority of fans grew tired of this. He isn't as missed as some in the media like to portray.

BTW, Josh Johnson is out until May because of Joe Girardi's baseball genius.

1997 | 2003

Archived