2007 MLB Preview

NJTank

You think being a manager's all about game management? Pleeeease...

Certainly not when your team is as young as the Marlins.

No, but it's a BIIIIIIG part of it. You have to remember, there is also a coaching staff, and most of that staff stayed after Girardi was fired.

1997 | 2003

Two things...

1) You have the Red Sox playing 172 games.

2) You've picked the Yankees or Mets to win the World Series in each of the past seven years. On a year to year basis, one can't really fault you because of the hype that constantly surrounds the two teams, but when looked at over the entire seven year span, it reeks of homerism really badly.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

First of all, I applaud Tank for putting his predictions out there to be public, and subjecting himself to all this criticism. Predictions are predictions, and he just happens to be the boldest baseball prognosticator out there.

That being said, how in the hell do you have the Mets in 1st? You just don't understand, mostly every team in the East (save for the Nationals) improved, except for the Mets, who regressed. If anybody, I see Philly actually winning the division because they've gotten better in every facet, or the Braves because...well, they just seem pissed off for a change. :P

But no, Mets aren't gonna win the NL East as long as they have to depend on Chan Ho Park anchoring their rotation for a while.

Chan Ho Park is in N'Awlins

O RLY? Seriously, though, really?

Mike Pelfrey, eh. Heard that name bounced around a little bit. We'll have to see how he measures up with our homegrown talent, Chuck James. But from what I've heard the Mets pitching, still, ain't that great, even with Pedro coming back because Pedro's hit the point in his career where he's only gonna regress.

Also, I'm suprised you've got the NL Central so close. Honestly, I think the Brewers might win it by at least 5. Hell, I think any of your top 3 could win it by 5. The NL Central's gonna be crazy this year, IMO.

Joe Girardi's "baseball genius" lost the Marlins more games than he won.

But w/e it's Tank.......

Is that what Loria told the sports talk shows to say?

No, but David Samson has a spot on a local sports radio show where he doesn't talk baseball...he talks movies. It's the hard hitting sports talk we here in South Florida have come to expect from Dan Lebatard.

An entertaining read. They're predictions, so only time will testify to their quality, but you've made some logical points and mixed in a few wild guesses, and have given us plenty to consider.

One mistake I did find is that you put the Blue Jays in second place in the AL East, where I'm sure you meant to put them in first. It's an easy mistake to make and people probably assumed that's what you meant, but I thought I'd point it out anyway.

As long as the Blue Jays finish at least .500 on the road this season, they'll be a legit playoff contender.

I like your prediction for the World Series Tank, but I will have to flipflop and go with the Tigers your 2007 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS

**And yes this is a homer pick from a Michigan Native**

Expect to See: The A's clogging up the bases and being unable to score

Clogging up the bases?!? Did Dusty Baker move to Jersey and become a large white guy, or are you just a tard when it comes to baseball analysis? "Clogging up the bases." God help me.

Tim McCarver fan, too?

"Giambi walks too much. He's always clogging up the bases with all that walking."

Archived