Québec League's 2007 uniforms!

GeorgesL

With baseball starting right now, our fantasy baseball league's season is in full swing. So our Québec League's 2007 uniforms, and new division logos will be released and can be seen only here at the CCSLC! Also, I ask that you let me know what is your favourite home uniforms, favourite roads, and favourite alts (Sherbrooke and Trois-Rivières excluded).

So here they are:

NORTH DIVISION

Atlantic Schooners

Montréal Dragons

Ottawa Beavers

Sherbrooke Ravens

EAST DIVISION

Montréal Royales

Québec Capitales

Toronto Blues

Trois-Rivières Knights

Yeah, I noticed that a number of these logos were 'sourced' from elsewhere... the whole Eastern Division, at a minimum.

The jerseys, on the whole, look quite nice. Conservative, but nice. They all your productions, Georges?

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

looks nice, and i agree with what the others have said. Favorite home and alternates have to be the Royales, but the Beavers have the best away uniform IMO. Is there any chance that you are a Grey's Anatomy fan and named the Trois-Rivières Knights after T.R. Knight, who plays George O' Malley on the show? Yeah, didn't think so, but that was my first connection.

Yeah, I noticed that a number of these logos were 'sourced' from elsewhere... the whole Eastern Division, at a minimum.

The jerseys, on the whole, look quite nice. Conservative, but nice. They all your productions, Georges?

I did come up with the designs, colours and number fonts, and made sure I matched them up. Swiss, a member of the CCSLC, provided the template. The Knights' logos are original. Most, not all, of the wordmarks are mine as well. (As for the other logos, mind you, this IS fantasy baseball.)

looks nice, and i agree with what the others have said. Favorite home and alternates have to be the Royales, but the Beavers have the best away uniform IMO. Is there any chance that you are a Grey's Anatomy fan and named the Trois-Rivières Knights after T.R. Knight, who plays George O' Malley on the show? Yeah, didn't think so, but that was my first connection.

Never watch Grey's Anatomy, so no. Must be a total coincidence. The Royales' alternate, I came up with that one today.

Nice work! Not very original on some of the logo design thought!

And by the way, it would be very much improbable that baseball teams for Sherbrooke and Trois-Rivières would be known with english-only names...

It's ok for the Dragons, the Capitales and the Royales because they are english and french word...

...but you would have to go with...

Les Chevaliers de Trois-Rivières

and

Les Magiciens de Sherbrooke

Less winner as names maybe but as "canadiens fran*ais" as they should be... for a Québec League!

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

Nice work! Not very original on some of the logo design though!

And by the way, it would be very much improbable that baseball teams for Sherbrooke and Trois-Rivières would be known with English-only names...

It's ok for the Dragons, the Capitales and the Royales because they are English and French words...

...but you would have to go with...

Les Chevaliers de Trois-Rivières

and

Les Magiciens de Sherbrooke

Less winner as names maybe but as "canadiens fran*ais" as they should be... for a Québec League!

Excellent point, Le Québécois! And merci pour vos idées créatives.

There is a legitimate reason why I gave the two teams English names, although they are place in Québécois markets, and that is I always thought the Knights and Wizards were really cool names. And even though we can't equally say the words in French, I went with them anyway. I was, however, going to name the Sherbrooke team the "Pirates", but wanted to shy away from naming a fantasy team after an MLB team. Had a cool logo for it too.

Archived