Nike Player Logos

eRay

Ad Picture

It seems like each player has a patch on their left arm in the picture, and I was just wondering if anybody had any more info on them. We all know the lebron and kobe logos, the rasheed wallace one has been on his shoes for some time, and shawn marion's appears to say "matrix", his nickname. I think Paul Pierce's is a combination of a P and a 2, but that is all I can see. Tony Parker, Chris Paul, Amare Stoudemire, and Jermaine O'Neal are the remaining people. I am starting to think Amare would have the logo that is on his new shoes seen here, but I am not sure. If anyone is able to find out anything let me know, I think these logos are interesting.

i have been doing research and the only one i can fill in that i didn't know before is Steve Nash's, which i am not 100% sure on. I think it is probably this logo, shown on some other nike shoes named after him.

nash_2.jpg

edit: upon further research i have found out that this is correct:

steve_nash_0.jpg

so it seems i was able to answer my own question mostly, i have found what i think are the rest. which one is the best?

Chris Paul: Cpaul.png

Tony Parker: Tparker.png

Jermaine O'Neal: Joneal.png

Amare possiblity: Astoudemire.png

New Kobe Logo? (it is on his new shoes): zoomkobe_sm.jpg

i have been doing research and the only one i can fill in that i didn't know before is Steve Nash's, which i am not 100% sure on. I think it is probably this logo, shown on some other nike shoes named after him.

nash_2.jpg

edit: upon further research i have found out that this is correct:

steve_nash_0.jpg

Here's some pics of his new shoes that are supposed to come out this Nov. Sorry about the ginormousness of the pics...

nike-uptempo-stutter-nash-8.jpgnike-uptempo-stutter-nash-6.jpg

I have to say, very nice...

Am I the only one that sees a hidden Nike Swoosh in that Nash logo, and Panameno....I think you're proving his point. It would be on all the AF Ones except the current ones due to the fact that it is new and has come out only on his personal pair.

thats not the kobe logo man. u can see his logo on many of his Air force 1's sneakers except the current ones.

As eRay said, this could be a new Kobe logo. How many players wear the number 24 on a team with purple and yellow as colors?

VmWIn6B.png

thats not the kobe logo man. u can see his logo on many of his Air force 1's sneakers except the current ones.

As eRay said, this could be a new Kobe logo. How many players wear the number 24 on a team with purple and yellow as colors?

if it is his new logo .. i think its the weakest of this bunch ... it reads as 2x to me initially.

if it is his new logo .. i think its the weakest of this bunch ... it reads as 2x to me initially.

try tilting your head, it should work better, but it is still a weak logo, i agree. the X part you mentioned must be inspired by cross hairs, meaning he is a sure shot...or something.

try tilting your head, it should work better, but it is still a weak logo, i agree. the X part you mentioned must be inspired by cross hairs, meaning he is a sure shot...or something.

yeah i agree on the interpretation ... but that makes it all the weaker to me. If kobe's nickname was like 'sharpshooter' or 'headshot' or SOMETHING .. but its not. I don't know, maybe just every player logo is so paled in comparison to the greatest of all time ...

jumpman.gif

even shaq's very effective logo was just a ripoff of this. i think the recent lebron james logo is pretty interesting ...

brand.gif

at least its doing something new and cool in an interesting way.

I think Nash's is the strongest of this bunch ..

nike-uptempo-stutter-nash-8.jpg

in fact its the only one i really like. its emphatic stylizing comes across as the way Nash plays ball ... constant motion ... lots of movement. but overall ... i think everything else falls short.

This just supports my theory that within 20 years there will be no more basketball teams, just players. The NBA represents everything that is wrong with team sports today.

"Mr. Chazberg, Gregg Popovich and Sam Mitchell will see you now..."

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

• LMU locked this topic

Archived