Soccer Badge Help

Bucks6thMan

This may be more apporpriate for the request forum, so if it is, feel free to put it there.

Anyway, I want to come up with a fantasy concept for the MLS team Milwaukee is trying to get for the 2009 season. I've more/less decided that I'd want the team's identity to be aquatic in nature for a few reasons:

-The proposed team's natural rival is called the Fire.

-Milwaukee's location on Lake Michigan

-So much of Milwaukee's identity over the past ten years has something to do with the lake (the MAM, the lakefront condo boom, Pier Wisconsin, the redveloping lakeside neighborhoods, etc.)

Only problem is, aquatic identities don't leave much room for creativity for soccer teams:

Vancouver (USL):

Whitecaps_Logo3061.gif

Milwaukee (MISL):

Milwaukee_wave_crest.jpg

Boston (WUSA):

breakers_badge.jpg

So I guess what I'm asking is, can someone think of a way for a soccer team to have an aquatic identity without looking so "standard-issue?"

brew.png

Since their natural rival's the Fire, what about the Milwaukee Fighters with the logo being a fire hose? Still aquatic. :P

In all seriousness, what about a wintery theme like the Milwaukee Blizzard? Wisconsin also has a lot of wildlife, so the Milwaukee Pike could work.

Slightly off topic, but the first Colorado Rapids logo was a thing of beauty that they never should have ditched and would work very nice for Milwaukee.

stoneraizersig.jpg

Not to hijack this thread, but I'm a long time lurker, first time poster and a soccer fan in Milwaukee. I came up with the name "AC Milwaukee Breakers" and encountered the same problem when I tried to make a badge. I tried going in a few different directions and I think it shows. Maybe some of the more talented artists in this forum could give me a few pointers. It just feels like something is missing and I can't quite put my finger on it.

acmil_badge1.jpg

Heh, that's pretty good. I like your color selection, but I would have Milwaukee in all caps. I do agree it needs more, but I don't know what just yet. Maybe make the ball bigger. Did you use paint or paint.net?

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Heh, that's pretty good. I like your color selection, but I would have Milwaukee in all caps. I do agree it needs more, but I don't know what just yet. Maybe make the ball bigger. Did you use paint or paint.net?

'preciate it. I used paint (and MS Word for the wordmark). I just started designing logos last year for my fantasy football league, so I don't have any software like illustrator.

I agree. That's some very nice work for Paint. I don't like the name quite so much, however. Stick with either 'AC Milwaukee' or 'Breakers, not both please. Something is definitely missing, too although I can't put my finger on it. The wave looks too static and I think it needs more detail on the foamy part of the wave and make the curves on the side more rounded.

Archived