Colorado Crush unveil Alt jersey

reppact

Well, the Russell Athletic contract has been a positive as far as the alternate jerseys. This week, the Colorado Crush was the newest team to unveil/wear them.

crush3rd.jpg

These are the best so far to the three:

1) Colorado

2) Dallas

3) LA

Alouettes_roadsign.pngBlueJays_roadsign.pngExpos_roadsign.png

they're all pretty bad. The Crush's orange jersey more of a nod to the Broncos? Sure doesn't match their colors

I don't think the oranges are the same though. The Crush orange looks more like a burnt orange. Pantone, have to swatches of the 2 side by side?

Alouettes_roadsign.pngBlueJays_roadsign.pngExpos_roadsign.png

They do look rather like vomit. But I do think they work excellently with the blue helmets.

See, the thing with football alternates is that generally speaking, you're not going to get anything other than the same jersey with an alternate color. It's not like hockey where you get a completely different design. That said, considering that their choices were either this burnt orange or Penguins Vegas Gold, this aren't too horrible.

I fear that if trend continues, my Soul are going to look like the Brigade (or blueberries)...

philly.png

If the numbers were white, or that tan/gold, I might be sold on these. However, as it stands... I can't quite go for it.

I'm waiting for the Rush in silver, the Rattlers in teal, pr the Blaze in orange.

The silver Rampage jerseys still rule all this year, in my book. I'd like to pick one of those up in a number 0.

19f1c2b8e79c4fe46b738b96fec0db06.300.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Pleasantly surprised, though Russell is making clones. The Kats' home now looks a lot like the KC home...and now the LA 3rds are right in line.

However, the AFL in 3rd jerseys? I'm extremely happy.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

If the numbers were white, or that tan/gold, I might be sold on these. However, as it stands... I can't quite go for it.

I'm waiting for the Rush in silver, the Rattlers in teal, pr the Blaze in orange.

The silver Rampage jerseys still rule all this year, in my book. I'd like to pick one of those up in a number 0.

19f1c2b8e79c4fe46b738b96fec0db06.300.jpg

Those are the only jerseys that are worse than the Crush orange ones. Look at that aweful mess there... Black sleeves, red shoulders and a silver body, good lord that's a nightmare.

The Crush's orange is a rusty/dark orange as opposed to the bright orange the Broncos use. Always has been.

Love to see the orange jerseys didn't cause a loss like they seem to with the Broncos - so at least the Crush might wear them again.

OK...

ColoradoCrush_FRC_9999_SOL.jpg

DenverBroncos_FRC_9999_SOL.jpg

GoldenStateWarriors_FRC_9999_SOL.jpg

I'd hate to say it, but it wouldn't shock me to see the Storm break out a gold, or even black, alternate jersey. I would prefer black over gold, but who knows.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but why would the Storm wear Black? There's no Black in their color scheme:

TampaBayStorm_FRC_9999_SOL.jpg

Well, the Russell Athletic contract has been a positive as far as the alternate jerseys. This week, the Colorado Crush was the newest team to unveil/wear them.

crush3rd.jpg

These are the best so far to the three:

1) Colorado

2) Dallas

3) LA

I like it. Kinda reminds me of the Orange Crush Broncos. (seeing as their name is the Crush, that's probably what they were going for.)

That being said, my opinion may be skewed because a team could trot out in orange with black pinstripes and it would still look good to me. That's how much I like orange.

Archived