Direct TV HD commercial

marlinfan

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for picking that up. I don't know how I missed that when I looked at the "Dressed to the Nines" site. But, thanks for correcting me. I still wonder how Sheen was mistakenly given the costume from Major League II instead of the original Major League. But, I'm willing to let this one go. As long as Allstate doesn't come out with a commercial with Dennis Haysbert wearing nothing but a jockstrap, I'm willing to let this Major League- themed commercial pass.

Thanks for picking that up. I don't know how I missed that when I looked at the "Dressed to the Nines" site. But, thanks for correcting me. I still wonder how Sheen was mistakenly given the costume from Major League II instead of the original Major League. But, I'm willing to let this one go. As long as Allstate doesn't come out with a commercial with Dennis Haysbert wearing nothing but a jockstrap, I'm willing to let this Major League- themed commercial pass.

And if you notice in the background of the new shots of Sheen, the Indians player in the background (at first base) is also wearing the jersey with stripes.

I thought so, i believe the thinking at the time was to go to a retro park, since the Jake was being built then, but they kept the older style uniforms to keep the continuity with the other movie. Seeing as how the real Indians at this time were starting to make their run the movie was losing some of the underdog role as compared to real life. In twenty years they'll remake it with the Devil Rays as the team i'm sure.

I like my women like i like my coffee, tied up in a burlap sack and thrown over the back of a donkey.

No, in twenty years people will say "Tampa Bay had a major leage team?" :P

You're right - the Indians were building Jacobs Field, so the filmmakers wanted to get a new look for the second film. They chose Camden Yards (ironic, since it's one of the few very easily identifiable ballparks of its era).

Yeah, every time I here that I wanna punch him in the throat through the radio.

I have the same reaction. I find Joe Buck to be smug, annoying and a terrible play-by-play caller. He has not style, nor sense of timing. Mostly he doesn't realize baseball doesn't require "constant chatter" and rarely just lets the sounds of the park come through.

It doesn't help that he's constantly asked to pimp really bad FOX television shows every 30 seconds along the way.

Anyway, baseball on FOX is unbearable, I turn the sound off, whenever I watch ball on FOX. Considering the technology for multiple sound channels is there, I'd love an option to have no commentary, just the sounds of the ballpark.

Ah...but then I wouldn't get the "Family Guy" promos screamed into my ear...so they'd never provide that option.

So I guess, its the mute button for the win, Alex.

I like the Sheen DirectTV ad, and didn't scrutnize the thing long enough to note the differences in the uniforms. Doesn't bother me that its inconsistent, I still like the ad.

I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one who noticed this

both authentic Cleveland uniforms but distinctly and obviously different

Wild Thing is wearing two different uniforms in the commercial....how is this so?

One second he has on a uni with the vertical stripes and the next he's wearing the horizontal stripes on the sleeves.

I still wonder how Sheen was mistakenly given the costume from Major League II instead of the original Major League.

Who says it was a mistake?

We are.

He is wearing two different unis in the commercial. One is from the first movie and the other is from the second. It doesn't flow and looks awkward.

No, what I meant was why do we think the Major League II jersey was the mistake?

The racing stripe uniforms are much better looking. :P

I actually have to agree.

When I think of the hapless Indians, I think of the striped shoulder uniforms.

I just hate how the unis don't match in the commercial.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived