Question about Cooperstown Ballcap Co.

sacker12

I am looking at trying to buy a 70's Expos hat made by Cooperstown Ballcap Co. on eBay. It is a 7 5/8 and has a leather sweatband. How do the hats made by this company compare with the wool New Era 5950's, quality-wise and fit-wise.

I am looking at trying to buy a 70's Expos hat made by Cooperstown Ballcap Co. on eBay. It is a 7 5/8 and has a leather sweatband. How do the hats made by this company compare with the wool New Era 5950's, quality-wise and fit-wise.

Don't do it. If you cut out 6 panels yourself and sewed everything by hand it would come out better than their garbage. I bought a Padres cap from them once and sent it back. It literally looked exactly like the depiction on their website:

SDN84.GIF

That said, here's a picture of their Montreal Expos cap. You would be better off just getting a 5950 on eBay or getting a fashion Expos cap.

MONN69.GIF

Fortunately, I'm not willing to buy a custom hat from them. It is a hat on eBay that is currently at 10 bucks. However, I was briefly flirting with the prospect of getting a 1994 Phillies blue alt hat made by them. But, there is not way on Earth that i am willing to pay 50 bucks for a ballcap.

Fortunately, I'm not willing to buy a custom hat from them. It is a hat on eBay that is currently at 10 bucks. However, I was briefly flirting with the prospect of getting a 1994 Phillies blue alt hat made by them. But, there is not way on Earth that i am willing to pay 50 bucks for a ballcap.

You won't go wrong not buying a Cooperstown Ball Cap Co. cap.

However, I can say that of several caps I've bought from Cooperstown, two were excellent, both 1951 Philadelphia A's caps. Since then -- second one bought in about 2000 -- I've bought maybe 3 Cooperstown caps, one of them a total custom with a logo of my design, and all three have been huge disappointments. Shoddy workmanship in every regard. But darn, those two '51 Athletics caps were works of art.

20082614447.png

I have three CBC offerings and all are great. My advice? Get it short cut so its not so tall.

I got my first one perfect (they'll adjust free of charge) and then measured that cap to order my others. All fit perfectly and I have no problem with any of them.

201222154_0f633bbfdb_o.png

• LMU locked this topic

Archived