New logo for MSNBC.com

DrBear

Thought they were gonna finally change to this logo...

democrat0vo9nh.jpg

Right. Someone must have duped Pat Buchanan, Joe Scaroborough and Tucker Carlson. For chrissakes, MSNBC at one time gave Mike Savage a TV show.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I like the typeface. As Joel said, it is certainly clean. I just don't like the fact that it uses lowercase letters. I just feel that as a big boy cable TV news network, their typeface should be saying "I'm trustworthy and powerful" rather than "look at me, I'm Web 2.0-ish."

That's just my two corroded one-cent pieces though...

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

They need to separate the "ms" from the "bc". By keeping "msnbc" the same colour throughout it looks like, as capn89 said, like someone randomly hit letters on their keyboard. This would look so much better if the "n" was a separate colour from the "ms" and "bc".

They've gone all lowercase, at least on the Web site. Haven't checked the network yet:

newLogo_final.gif

I think this is a upgrade. Since NBC Universal also owns the USA Network i makes sense. See this is the same typeface that the USA Network has used for a couple years now in their new branding. It is Gotham from typography.com.

Major upgrade in my opinion.

democrat0vo9nh.jpg

As opposed to Fox News which should switch to this?

republican.gif

coupled with some form of this?

bxp28241.jpg

I'll throw CNN in there...

Hammer_and_sickle_huge.png:D

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

democrat0vo9nh.jpg

republican.gif

bxp28241.jpg

Ahhh yes, the fabled "liberal bias". Conservatives are ruining the world...if you havent noticed.

democrat0vo9nh.jpg

republican.gif

bxp28241.jpg

Ahhh yes, the fabled "liberal bias". Conservatives are ruining the world...if you havent noticed.

I would say like-minded idiots are ruining the world, liberal & conservative. I think some radical thought is needed, but that's not the topic of this forum.

Jeez, note the :D .

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

democrat0vo9nh.jpg

republican.gif

bxp28241.jpg

Needs stripes

Archived