FC NOLA

Krona

Don't understand the wrought iron but that's obviously because I don't know much about New Orleans. Judging by other comments the wrought iron fits the team.

I also noticed the colours you chose are similar to the New Orleans Saints. Was this intentional?

stoneraizersig.jpg

Now simplify...you have the basic components, but its too busy. Research some classics...ummm...the new classics, dont look at Man U. Take note with Arsenal, chelsea, and totenham to name a few. I dont mean copy their style, but look at them and understand why theyre designs are successful.

I've considered that. i could remove some of the grey shading on the iron, but i think it would lose its depth. I was actually going for an older looking design. to my tastes, chelsea and totenham are good logos, but a bit watered down, and i think that (here comes the hate mail) arsenal's badge is just on this side of terrible. if you look at english badges, there are a ton much busier than this (liverpool, newcastle, wigan, to name a few). but they are without a doubt "classic". as for translating to embroidery, i don't see this as a problem. i've worked with basic machines and the work they do is beautiful. and as screenprinting goes, no problem at all. i do accept the fact that learning to scale down without being drab is the key to good design, but its just not what i was going for on this project. my feeling is that New Orleans is reflected with the ornate details, without slapping a jesters hat an confetti on the badge. i dont want to come of as stubborn, so i'd like to say that i understand and appreciate the critique. with regards to the color choices being similar to the saints, it wasn't intentional. i started with copper and black, and the tan just worked its way in there.

Don't understand the wrought iron but that's obviously because I don't know much about New Orleans. Judging by other comments the wrought iron fits the team.

Wrought iron is one of the signature architectural features of New Orleans' French Quarter.

French%20Quarter%20Home.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

What a wonderful translation of New Orleans. To me, the wrought iron is nothing short of genius.... sheer genius. I'm just not so crazy about the colors...but at least it's not purple green and gold... Then again, I suppose those colors are somewhat close to our beloved Saints; then again, maybe not... I really dont think it needs anything more. Well, other than a team to use it...

Anyways...well done... pat yourself on the back and have a celebratory Hurricane...

umm, you mean a cocktail right?

Yes yes...of course... Hurricane from Pat O'Briens... jeez... everyone's so touchy when you mention the "H" word... :blink:

I knew what ya meant. Thats gonna be my new hangout when I get down to Tulane. Four more months.

you know, the more I look at this, the more I see an opportunity for a bit of fun here - now I know almost every Louisiana team uses a Fleur-des-Lis, but what if you were to make the wrought iron make a subtle one? that might be interesting...

Actually, that how the wrought iron thing started. i decided to scrap the fleur-des-lis and stick with trim pieces. i'll post what was working on when i get home from work

you know, the more I look at this, the more I see an opportunity for a bit of fun here - now I know almost every Louisiana team uses a Fleur-des-Lis, but what if you were to make the wrought iron make a subtle one? that might be interesting...

Actually, that how the wrought iron thing started. i decided to scrap the fleur-des-lis and stick with trim pieces. i'll post what was working on when i get home from work

Nooooooooo...no more fleur-de-lis... It's almost cliche' down here now....everything with a FDL... :wacko: ...

However, do you think you could give us some different color variations. Someone mentioned the greenish patina of copper...that might be a start...

Or, just leave it as is... I mean, really, you've made a near perfect lil logo there... :notworthy:

I'll join the chorus here: tremendous work.

For the record, you could probably cut back on some of the gray elements in the wrought iron and not lose too much. Getting rid of the coppery outlining on the wrought iron alone would make this translate to embroidered work nicely; simplifying a little more (some of the reflective shine on the soccer ball) would make this 1000% usable.

Take a bow.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

it has potential. id acually like to see the saints use something like this on a white helmet....

saints-iron-2.gif

Guest darkpiranha

Great idea. It gets a bit hard to make out when it's smaller than the size it's being displayed at.

I know this next suggestion is sort of nit-picky, but I finally realized what was nagging at me about the crescent/soccer ball. My brain wants to think that the soccer ball should be in front of the moon, and thus be what creates the crescent shape. The soccer ball would need to be smaller, but it would give you a more pronounced crescent shape, which might be cool.

Archived