Devils fire head coach.

JQK

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently, Louie is taking over behind the bench. Now while some woud say that this is going to fu*k with the locker room chemistry, remember in 2003 the devils dumped Ftorek, and ended up winning the Cup...

So we'll just have to wait and see...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Apparently, Louie is taking over behind the bench. Now while some woud say that this is going to fu*k with the locker room chemistry, remember in 2003 the devils dumped Ftorek, and ended up winning the Cup...

I thought that happened in 2000... Where is Ftorek anyways? ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

Now while some woud say that this is going to fu*k with the locker room chemistry, remember in 2003 the devils dumped Ftorek, and ended up winning the Cup...

That's the first thing that I thought of when I heard about this. Maybe they're trying to replicate that success? Who knows. It's the only reason I can come up with.

It will only work if Julien threw the bench at the ice before he was fired.

He's a special assignment coach with the Devils along with Larry Robinson, Pat Burns and now Claude Julien. Odd thing they fire coaches like every other year (if they last that long) but they never leave the organization. It's like mafia.

To be honest I'm not totally shocked by this. Nothing like this with the Devils surprises me any more. I mean this is literally the second time they have done this and fired a coach while in first place with single digit games to go.

Hopeful history repeats itself and there will be another Cup in June.

All serious the team had been struggling but that was because of injuries. That said Julien was very defensive minded even for the Devils. Brodeur, who is the Devils unquestioned leader in the locker room, probably went to Lou with the players problem with Julien. On WFAN Lou said that Julien probably saw this coming ans will stay with the organization. He also said that the players know what is going on and it won't have to be explained.

Wow, the Devils are just a bizarre team, that do quirky things.

None the less, they have Martin Brodeur, one of the greatest (and possibly most under valued) goalies in hockey history. If he's on his game, the Devils could go all the way - again.

That's Jersey, baby!

That's just how Jersey people are.

(If you ain't from North Jersey, you'll never understand us, so don't try.)

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I think Lou didnt want the pressure of coaching all year & wanted to get into the playoffs & coach. Kinda' odd when you win 4 out of 5 & are 2nd in East you get fired. Owe well lets see what the Devils can do. Lous been there for 20 years or so, so he maybe doing something right after 3 cups.

You can do weird things when you don't have a fanbase to answer to.

Blackhawks "fans" speak from experience... ;)

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Ba-Zing!!!!

I live in Jersey & the Devils do have a fan base, but it is kind of touch-and-go. Sometimes they are in full force & then other times no one is at the games. Maybe in the new arean "THE ROCK" some new fans will come out.

Or maybe when you have won 3 cups in the last 12 years the fan base knows that you know what you are doing. But I'm sure a Blackhawks fans know about that after all look at all those Stanley Cup they have won in the last 45 years.

I think Lou didnt want the pressure of coaching all year & wanted to get into the playoffs & coach. Kinda' odd when you win 4 out of 5 & are 2nd in East you get fired. Owe well lets see what the Devils can do. Lous been there for 20 years or so, so he maybe doing something right after 3 cups.

He's probably just trying to take the credit for the potential success to team may have. It's bad too see that a GM has the power to fire a coach when the that coach put the team in a good enough position to have a shot a winning the title (division or conference title at least) and to come out with some lame excuse like "We didn't think he could take the team as far as we think they should go". All that hard work so someone else can take the credit if something good happens.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Archived