New York Yankees Stripe Around Arm

Badge Man

I realize that his last game was in pinstripes but the guy pitched 10 games for the Yankees. It's not like he was a staple in the Yankees rotation for years. I would think the Phillies would be more apt to do this than the Yanks. I guess maybe not after the way he bad-mouthed them after being traded.

I realize that his last game was in pinstripes but the guy pitched 10 games for the Yankees. It's not like he was a staple in the Yankees rotation for years. I would think the Phillies would be more apt to do this than the Yanks. I guess maybe not after the way he bad-mouthed them after being traded.

Just stop talking.

Just stop talking.

I don't think he's making a bad point here, but I'm not sure if there is precedent for honoring someone who died while they were still an active player but not on your roster. I remember when he died, all you saw was clips of him pitching in Yankee Stadium. You'd have thought he was in the rotation for the last decade.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Just stop talking.

Agreed. Plus you're bringing shame to Mets fan with that comment. :/

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Just stop talking.

Sorry, I forgot because the guy is dead you can't have an opinion about him anymore. :rolleyes:

Nevermind is the greatest album in history.

The Red Sox are the ones who should have a permanent black stripe around their sleeve for getting killed almost every year by the Yankees.

I'm not even going to give you a snappy comeback about your '04 playoff collapse, I'll just let your blatently disrespectful post in a thread like this speak for itself.

Just stop talking.

Sorry, I forgot because the guy is dead you can't have an opinion about him anymore. :rolleyes:

Nevermind is the greatest album in history.

I find this statement to be 33% in poor taste.

The Red Sox are the ones who should have a permanent black stripe around their sleeve for getting killed almost every year by the Yankees.

I'm not even going to give you a snappy comeback about your '04 playoff collapse, I'll just let your blatently disrespectful post in a thread like this speak for itself.

1st off, its a joke....you can laugh or just ignore it.

2nd...I actually HATE the Yankees

3rd....if more people had a sense of humor the world would be a little more understanding. There are more serious things in this world than THIS thread.

2nd...I actually HATE the Yankees

3rd....There are more serious things in this world than THIS thread.

Well, this pair of statements certainly says a lot about your perspective on life. The way you see it, there are more serious things in this world than a sense of decency or decorum in a forum for public discourse, yet somehow or another a professional sports franchise's mere existence is so loathesome to you that it stirs up feelings of "actual hate."

Fascinating.

Archived