Minor League Baseball on-field changes

totc

Some name changes have already been discussed (Mongomery Biscuits, SWB Yankees).

But this may be a good time for putting these in one thread.

Starting with the Columbus Clippers, upon ending a half-century as the Yankees' farm club, taking on the Nationals' lettering and colors. This is the alternate jersey:

2811.jpeg.300.jpeg

This is the logo on the new cap (which I assume will be either red or blue, not gray:

1528.jpeg.300.jpeg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Southwest Michigan Devil Rays ....

903189.jpg

are now the Great Lakes Loons.

93318907.jpg

The Lakeland Tigers are the Lakeland Flying Tigers:

http://mlb.imageg.net/graphics/product_ima...2-3576920nm.jpg

And there's a team in the Texas League next year that is located in Northwest Arkansas, and it will be called The Naturals.

I see a lightning bolt patch on the left sleeve and movie score music on every home run.

Some name changes have already been discussed (Mongomery Biscuits, SWB Yankees).

But this may be a good time for putting these in one thread.

Starting with the Columbus Clippers, upon ending a half-century as the Yankees' farm club, taking on the Nationals' lettering and colors. This is the alternate jersey:

2811.jpeg.300.jpeg

This is the logo on the new cap (which I assume will be either red or blue, not gray:

1528.jpeg.300.jpeg

Are they dumping the old Cap logo, because I really liked that one.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

What change did the Montgomery Biscuits make? I don't remember anyone mentioning anything from them.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

Me neither. I just searched this forum, and it didn't have anything about any changes to the Biscuits.

They could be adding a Southern League champions patch.

I know the Bisons have a new look for this year. I can't find any pics of the new unis, but I will be at the opener on Thursday and probably will bring a camera.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/news/ar...sp&sid=t422

The Bisons will have a new look for home games in 2007. The modified Home Jersey is no longer sleeveless. The new sleeved jersey has the swirling baseball under the "B" in Bisons with a black number under the team name. This jersey will be complimented with an all black hat with the customary swirling baseball around a B logo. A new Alternate Jersey will be red with white trim. On the left crest is a white baseball with a black standing buffalo. This jersey will be accompanied by a black hat featuring the same standing buffalo baseball and a red bill. Both new jerseys will be worn with white pants that have a single black trim.

I didn't know there were Devil Rays in Michigan.

Or Princeton.

Princeton only makes sense since the Appy League (and most Rookie league teams for that matter) tend to use the parent club moniker. As to why SW Mich did this, I have no clue...maybe they knew a move was imminent and decided to forgo a name change until a new team venue was ready.

I didn't know there were Devil Rays in Michigan.

Or Princeton.

Princeton only makes sense since the Appy League (and most Rookie league teams for that matter) tend to use the parent club moniker. As to why SW Mich did this, I have no clue...maybe they knew a move was imminent and decided to forgo a name change until a new team venue was ready.

They were the Battle Creek Yankees before the affiliation switch (draw your own conclusions there)....

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived