Minor League Baseball on-field changes

totc

The Tigers script on the West Tenn road jersey look good. However, that still won't make me like the team (Go Biscuits!).

Hey, you bettah watch yourself tomorrow night. The Jaxx are supposed to be pretty good this year and only lost to the Redbirds by five last night! :P

Man, I forgot about the Biscuits opening the season at home against the Jaxx. In fact, I think the TV game Saturday night will be against them. It's going to be on the NBC affiliate in Montgomery.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Tigers script on the West Tenn road jersey look good. However, that still won't make me like the team (Go Biscuits!).

Hey, you bettah watch yourself tomorrow night. The Jaxx are supposed to be pretty good this year and only lost to the Redbirds by five last night! :P

Man, I forgot about the Biscuits opening the season at home against the Jaxx. In fact, I think the TV game Saturday night will be against them. It's going to be on the NBC affiliate in Montgomery.

TV game? Lucky dog... We can barely get a decent paper article here. No wonder Lozinak wants to leave.

Actually, there are changes to the Biscuits jerseys this year. They are using block numbers instead of Hobo numbers on the front and back of jersey. Also, they have taken the names off of the back of the jerseys. I don't have any photos yet. I have just seen them on the news.

The Biscuits management loved that Hobo font too. Every time we've done a commercial for them they'd always request every font be Hobo....and for any other people around Montgomery have noticed that font keeps popping up around the city. It's on a lot of the Jubilee Cityfest promotional materials.

Cap-BP.jpg

"The Nashville Sounds will introduce a new batting practice cap for the 2007 season. The cap is a red & yellow two-tone mesh cap, made by New Era, and features the traditional 'music note' logo."

Eh, not impressed, colors remind me the Alberquerque Dukes. And that is not the "traditional" music not logo fo the Sounds. That would be the original N logo..

NashvilleSounds90.gifNashvilleSounds96.gif

Oh well we can start counting the days til our Sounds move elsewhere since they screwed up their stadium deal...idiots

Why did you have to bring that up for bro.I'm still early in the grieving period :cry:. As for the cap.....

:puke:

what is G*d's name is going w/ this organization right now.

somebody asked about odd-colored roads, I'll answer:

the Tulsa Drillers immediately came to mind to me...while they do wear gray pants for road games, the jerseys and caps are light blue (not as light as the Royals' old blues). Heh, like I say every now and then, their mishmash of colors (black, graphite, copper, silver, royal blue, light blue, pale blue) shouldn't work, but the Drillers just somehow made it all work beautifully.

IIRC the aforementioned Montgomery Biscuits wear blue road jerseys.

the Lakeland Flying Tigers adopted khaki roads (same shade as the Padres roads) to go with their military theme

THE Fresno Grizzlies wear tan road jerseys, last time I checked.

then we turn to those lame ducks, the Wichita Wranglers, who wear goldie lookin roadies (or whatever they call their beigish color).

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I talked to the equipment manager for the Salem Avalanche earlier in the week. The only change they made was to add the fake sleeves to the home vests and add a patch on the left sleeve. As soon as it warms up I will be heading out to a game and will take pics. The roads remained the same from what he told me.

skinsboys4lf7pe.jpg

I know the Bisons have a new look for this year. I can't find any pics of the new unis, but I will be at the opener on Thursday and probably will bring a camera.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/news/ar...sp&sid=t422

The Bisons will have a new look for home games in 2007. The modified Home Jersey is no longer sleeveless. The new sleeved jersey has the swirling baseball under the "B" in Bisons with a black number under the team name. This jersey will be complimented with an all black hat with the customary swirling baseball around a B logo. A new Alternate Jersey will be red with white trim. On the left crest is a white baseball with a black standing buffalo. This jersey will be accompanied by a black hat featuring the same standing buffalo baseball and a red bill. Both new jerseys will be worn with white pants that have a single black trim.

For those of you who were wondering what the standing buffalo baseball logo looks like, here you go...

bisonslogo.jpg

It seems like the Bisons are going away from the green and concentrating more on the black & red. IMHO, not a bad idea. To me, the green never seemed to fit.

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

The Biscuits management loved that Hobo font too. Every time we've done a commercial for them they'd always request every font be Hobo....and for any other people around Montgomery have noticed that font keeps popping up around the city. It's on a lot of the Jubilee Cityfest promotional materials.

Since the Biscuits have a new manager this year, I wouldn't be surprised if he was the one who requested the change to block numbers, as well as the removal of names from the jerseys.

I guess the photos show a reason why the Biscuits went to block font. They began using Wilson uniforms this year. Previously, they used Russell.

http://cmsimg.montgomeryadvertiser.com/app...00&border=0

http://cmsimg.montgomeryadvertiser.com/app...00&border=0

Honestly, I think that I may actually like the block numbers more than Hobo. But, I still wish they kept the names on the back.

It may have been posted before, but just to keep this thread complete, here are the new Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees:

Logo and wordmark

swblogos.gif

Uniforms (home, road, alternate)

swbuni.gif

Caps (home, road, alternate)

swbcaps.gif

Got me one of those home Yankees hats. They should only use these. the other ones look terrible. Also the minor leagues are still using the old 5950's

yankees-1.png

Just a small change: The Akron Aeros have removed the nameplates from the back of their jerseys. I work in the clubhouse and word is that it was nothing more of an efficiency change rather than a cost cutting measure. They have also changed from white to black under their black sleeveless alternate jerseys. Now only if we can get a game in, our home opener has been canceled twice because of the cold weather!

ESPNUAkron.jpg2002-2006 ALUMNI 2007-2009 ESPNUSeton.jpg

I talked to the equipment manager for the Salem Avalanche earlier in the week. The only change they made was to add the fake sleeves to the home vests and add a patch on the left sleeve. As soon as it warms up I will be heading out to a game and will take pics. The roads remained the same from what he told me.

Looks like Salem made another change that wasn't mentioned. They got rid of the unique rounded numbers they had on the home jerseys and replaced them with regular boring block #'s like their roads.

skinsboys4lf7pe.jpg

TV game? Lucky dog... We can barely get a decent paper article here. No wonder Lozinak wants to leave.

No pics to link to, but the Redbirds got new jerseys/caps. The Redbirds are celebrating 10 years in Memphis. The new cap logo looks a lot like the Brewers "M" script logo.

Now the only thing that remains unresolved is the resolution of the problem.

Looks like Salem made another change that wasn't mentioned. They got rid of the unique rounded numbers they had on the home jerseys and replaced them with regular boring block #'s like their roads.

Good catch. Gotta love the Avalanche representation around here!

That sucks... I have the batting practice/alternate black jerseys with the stylized numbers, and they're just awesome. The roads looked like something Salem High School would wear (But, Salem's always been ultra simple on the road). When EA's MVP Baseball came out in 2005, they had a prototype Avalanche road uni with the stylized wooden numbers, and SALEM on the front in the wooden font. They looked pretty cool, but the Avs never wore them on the field.

More patches for the Avalanche are good. There's been a distinct lack of them over the years.

Hope to see the new threads when they play in Myrtle Beach! But in the mean time, I gotta get some caps!

then we turn to those lame ducks, the Wichita Wranglers, who wear goldie lookin roadies (or whatever they call their beigish color).

It's called gray.

New%20Wichita%20Road.jpg

scratch that then, I got their homes and roads mixed up.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• LMU locked this topic

Archived