Reds new unis in action

Sport

The Reds sported their new unis for the first time yesterday and I have to say that except for the font which proved difficult to read from a distance these uniforms are the best they've had short of their world series in 1990.

hamilton.png

freel.png

dunn.png

weathers.png

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The hats are great and the basic uniform style is nice. But the fonts have to go. They remind me of mid-to-late 90's web design.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

While watching the game I reached the opinion that the font would work were it not for the drop shadow. Had they just outlined it in black it would have looked really nice. Kind of like Kansas' basketball font. I know they aren't the same, but imagine how much less classy Kansas' basketball font would look if it were drop shadowed.

PvO6ZWJ.png

These are beautiful. Warmed my heart.

It was minimally painful to watch my Tigers in those beautiful unchanging home jerseys against the sort of nice Toronto jerseys and those really bad new hats with the T on them.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

I can't even talk about the Diamondback's new uniforms without having to stifle the gag reflex.

The Reds however, look awesome...and so does their ballpark...

I agree about the park. I've only been to a handful of MLB stadiums (Safeco, Yankee, Tropicana, Great American and SkyDome), but for value, it doesn't get better than Cincinnati baseball.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I love everything about them except for the new Reds man.

I love the font. I love the drop shadow. It's all very nice and clean.

I don't like that they changed the Reds man to not longer depict uniforms that they currently wear. Really, the uniform is fine, and I might not even care if the hat had stripes on it instead of a logo. But why a pillbox hat? That bothers me.

But not that much.

These look great.

I love the font, including the drop shadow. They now have the best uniforms in the league, besides the Yankees.

Are you dumb or a homer?

I love the font, including the drop shadow. They now have the best uniforms in the league, besides the Yankees.

Are you dumb or a homer?

Alright TCR. Convince me why these new uniforms can absolutely NOT be the best in the league? I don't know where I'd rank them (or where I ranked thier identity off hand), but I'd have no problem believing they could go in a top 3 or top 5 list.

For my money these are far better than the Yankees uniforms. Both of them.

I guess around here you gotta believe the Yankees, Red Sox, and Tigers have the best. Oh, and the Cardinals can go in there too if you don't root for them.

Archived