New Era losing their marbles...

Roger Clemente

these are some really stupid caps who in there right mind would wear these

hey im a young kid 16, i understand all of the refrences but to me its just a retarted idea

new era is tring too hard to sell to a young hip urban demographic

i was pissed when they changed the color of a white sox hat to blue let alone puttin the moon man whit a thick 1987 chain around his neck new era has truly lost their minds

ATL

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I gotta say I agree with the people who are infavor of the hat being left the way it is on the field. I could be wrong but it all started with that red Yankess hat that Fred Durst (I can't beleive I just wrote his name :cursing: ) wore back in what, 99? My mom get me a red Yankess hat for christmas around then, and when I took it back to Lids, the guy said, "Are you crazy, this is the hottest hat around!" I was taken aback, 1. why would I want a Yankees hat (I'm a mariners fan) and 2. if I was gonna get a Yankees hat, I'd get the 59Fifty, as worn on the field...anyway. From there it went to the solid colo(u)rs (for our Candian friends) which came out everyonce in a while, but it seems to me that in the last three years or so the designs have gotten more out rageous and are coming out at a rapid pace, everytime you turn around there is a new style that looks nothing like the orignal.

Anyway, after my rant, I did see one New Ear hat thats not the onfield cap, that I like, I think its the use of team colors, but in the end I can't justify buying one.

Tagged

SEAsig.png

I could be wrong but it all started with that red Yankess hat that Fred Durst (I can't beleive I just wrote his name :cursing: ) wore back in what, 99?

http://www.neweracap.com/eshophtml/eshop/searchResults.cfm

someone once told me, that undercover cops would wear red Yanks hats so they would be easier to spot by uniformed cops(yeah i know that sounds counter productive, but if people didnt know that at the time i guess it makes sense)

and what hat were you trying to show off. it had a bunch of them listed.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

I could be wrong but it all started with that red Yankess hat that Fred Durst (I can't beleive I just wrote his name :cursing: ) wore back in what, 99?

http://www.neweracap.com/eshophtml/eshop/searchResults.cfm

someone once told me, that undercover cops would wear red Yanks hats so they would be easier to spot by uniformed cops(yeah i know that sounds counter productive, but if people didnt know that at the time i guess it makes sense)

and what hat were you trying to show off. it had a bunch of them listed.

My bad, I thought I had the link posted correctly. I was going for the "Tagged" line, I've posted the Reds one just for reference.

SEAsig.png

I gotta say I agree with the people who are infavor of the hat being left the way it is on the field. I could be wrong but it all started with that red Yankess hat that Fred Durst (I can't beleive I just wrote his name :cursing: ) wore back in what, 99? My mom get me a red Yankess hat for christmas around then, and when I took it back to Lids, the guy said, "Are you crazy, this is the hottest hat around!" I was taken aback, 1. why would I want a Yankees hat (I'm a mariners fan) and 2. if I was gonna get a Yankees hat, I'd get the 59Fifty, as worn on the field...anyway. From there it went to the solid colo(u)rs (for our Candian friends) which came out everyonce in a while, but it seems to me that in the last three years or so the designs have gotten more out rageous and are coming out at a rapid pace, everytime you turn around there is a new style that looks nothing like the orignal.

Anyway, after my rant, I did see one New Ear hat thats not the onfield cap, that I like, I think its the use of team colors, but in the end I can't justify buying one.

Tagged

Indians Tagged

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I could be wrong here too... but I was under the impression that the first red Yankees cap was a special order for Spike Lee. I thought I actually read that on the New Era site somewhere.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

I could be wrong here too... but I was under the impression that the first red Yankees cap was a special order for Spike Lee. I thought I actually read that on the New Era site somewhere.

DING-DING!

Spike Lee asked New Era to make a red Yankees 59FIFTY for the '96 World Series. Thus, the fashion cap was born.

i am NOT a racist.

but i HATE hip hop culture that seems to be overtaking us

i hate the fact its like "hip" to talk black like da shizzle in the hood, yo.

i hate every video on MTV

cause its 80% hip hop/rap

20% pop

We get it.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I want my.

I want my.

I want my MTV!

You stole my post.

I'd buy one but the visor isn't flat enough. :mad:

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

i am NOT a racist.

20% pop

I hate people who refuse to listen to new music because they're afraid they might enjoy it.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

i am NOT a racist.

20% pop

I hate people who refuse to listen to new music because they're afraid they might enjoy it.

What about those that did give it a listen and legitimately hated it?

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

i am NOT a racist.

20% pop

I dont recall him saying he hates new music, he just said he hates what MTV plays, now last time I checked they certainly dont play all the new music, only a certain portion of it, most rap and pop, to appeal to teeny boppers. Now me, I like Muse, Dredg, Bloc Party, Meat Loaf (who has a new album), among many others. now call me crazy but I dont think these bands would get the most airplay on mtv (Even tho I did see bloc party on mtv 2 a few times), Hell I found out about dredg cause I work at a movie theatre, and it was in the credits to some movie (Im thinking stealth).

Archived