Beileins a Wolverine

Gary

He coached Erie Community College when my dad went there. He went to a few games and tought he was a crappy coach. Now look where he is.

This is a great hire for Michigan. This guy has what it takes. Only if Canisius (or ECC) could have kept him........

saBS.png

Boy, with this and Tubby at Minnesota, the Big Ten is really loading up on great coaches.

I have two nieces who live in Ann Arbor, and one has a hubby who is a University of Michigan med school grad (my nieces and their husbands are all doctors, so brag, brag, brag). The Michigan med school grad is a diehard Wolverines fan, so he must be really happy.

Actually, I think next year is Michigan's year. Leigon's coming in, and ambitious freshman + coach trying to turn a talented team into a contender= legitimate shot at a tourney bid as far as I'm concerned.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

Actually, I think next year is Michigan's year. Leigon's coming in, and ambitious freshman + coach trying to turn a talented team into a contender= legitimate shot at a tourney bid as far as I'm concerned.

It will take more than a season for that team to start to achieve. The past two seasons, they started strong, but played .500 soon after tehy lost to their first good team, generally UCLA the past two seasons. Alex Legion and Corperryale Harris (Michigan's Mr. Basketball) are still committed via their letters of intent, however Beilein and his 1-3-1 will take time to be successful. Legion told teh Detroit News that he was not happy with his treatment during the search process. Personally, schools don't need to have a recruit have a hand in the process. Remember that Oklahoma released four players last year after Sampson left for IU.

Archived