Washington Capitals

capn89

I remember seeing that logo/jersey in a hockey catalog about 6 years ago or so. Usually they would put the new jersey for the upcoming season in the catalog. However I never seen it again until now. The logo was the same like in this jersey but not the jersey itself. Nice jersey though - I like the color red in it.

wasnt that the tommy hilfiger designed jersey? i thought there was a leak years ago when the Caps were exploring changing the jersey, and hilfiger was one of the designers but they nixed it. thats not a bad lookin jersey but i like the current eagle better than that one.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

That eagle logo is nonsensical, and doesn't belong anywhere near a sports jersey.

But man, you sure nailed the colors. That red and that blue are perfect. Is that gray or metallic silver along the stripe?

20082614447.png

I remember seeing that logo/jersey in a hockey catalog about 6 years ago or so. Usually they would put the new jersey for the upcoming season in the catalog. However I never seen it again until now. The logo was the same like in this jersey but not the jersey itself. Nice jersey though - I like the color red in it.

I think the first time I ever saw the logo (or anything close to it) was at NHLUniforms.com (which for some reason the site is REALLY crappy these days, with the non-loading and so forth). You should have seen the hack-job I did trying to recreate the logo. lol I should post it some time (if I still have it) for some laughs.

I like the look of the stripes along the bottom, and yes, the red is very nice. Good job.

Thank you. I alternated the top and bottom stripes to match their counterpart in both the main body color of the jersey and the bottom/sleeve areas. Then of course the silver/gray. :P Thank you.

wasnt that the tommy hilfiger designed jersey? i thought there was a leak years ago when the Caps were exploring changing the jersey, and hilfiger was one of the designers but they nixed it. thats not a bad lookin jersey but i like the current eagle better than that one.

The jersey itself is the Capitals current (white) design. The logo might possibly be from hilfiger, but I really don't know. I only know that the logo is what was rumored to be what Washington planned to switch to.

That eagle logo is nonsensical, and doesn't belong anywhere near a sports jersey.

But man, you sure nailed the colors. That red and that blue are perfect. Is that gray or metallic silver along the stripe?

I don't know, I actually like the eagle. It's not insanely busy (it is busy, just not insanely)... and the overall shape of it is entirely unique. It's not the classic "fits evenly into a square" type of design, but to each all our own, right? :P

Thanks for the comments, as well. I thought the colors (the red especially) were really nice looking. Overall I think the colors work well together. As for the color, it's really just a silver/gray, but I'm sure if I saw some choices on a real jersey a metallic silver might look really cool.

Archived