Halos reds...

oddball

No reason, but alternates should be just that - alternates. As in used very sparingly.

And I still reserve the right to criticize the teams for their marketing ploy, which is what it really is. :P

I agree completely, they should be worn sparingly. The Cubs' use of their blue alternate is basically like when Homer gained 61 pounds so he could claim to be disabled and work at home: they're abusing a system.

No doubt it's a marketing ploy, but so is most everything else in sports today :cry:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, the red on red is a bad idea. But at least the white outline is big enough that you can see the lettering and numbers. You should see some high schools around here that use red on red, blue on blue, black on black, etc. The outline is so small, you can barely see the numbers or letters.

It's not bad, but it could be better. Make the numbers white and leave the name on the back and ANGELS in red. It's similar to what the Padres used to do. However, the Angels have a red on red cap, so the jersey matches the cap.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

i don't know...i kind of like it. red on red isn't illegible with the outline. it's not like you can read numbers from the upper deck anyway. i like the fact that they could have gone for the obvious and made the numbers white of blue for the pop, but they went with something they obviously believed in. i think alternated jerseys that stay true to the original crest and just change the jersey color are sweet. it creates good symmetry between unis

sig2024.png

• LMU locked this topic

Archived