Custom Sabres Jerseys

benpc21

About an hour ago, the UPS man showed up at my apartment with my newest jersey, a Paul Gaustad Sabres White jersey, and yes I realized I have bad taste in jerseys!!! I ordered it off reebok.com during the sale I posted about a few weeks back. I've always wanted a Guastad jersey, he played for my hometown Portland Winter Hawks, as well as grew up there, so I decided to spring for it when rbk had the sale. When I opened the box, I was pleased, its a very sharp looking jersey (minus the logo, i like the design of the jersey though) and the name and number look spot on (font wise). The front made of the regular CCM air mesh that has been the standard on replicas for years, the back is made of a lighter, siliker and somewhat-strech material (as advertised for the whole jersey in the years to come as I understand it) which i didnt expect, I really like the feel of that compared to the classic air mesh. The numbers are what got me though. Reebok said they heat seal twill numbers and letters on to the jersey, and what got were heat sealed plastic/vinyl numbers (swingman basketball jerseyesque) just not swen on, which kind of bummed me out. Jerseys I have picked up previously that are heat sealed (although advertised on ebay as sewn on :cursing: ) are actual twill and the number are stitched, although not to the jersey, but zig zag sticked around the number to make it look like its stitched, this one is the two layers of a vinyl type number on top of each other. The nameplate is sewn on to the jersey (whic other head sealed jerseys have not had, they just look as if they are), but again the name is made of vinly letters. Not to mention that the yellow numbers show spots of white when you look at them really, really closely, but look great from afar.

My question is this, has anyone else gotten a Sabres custom jersey this season? Is yours consistant with the one I got? I'm not really mad, I payed about $40 less than the cheapest place I found the Sabers jerseys avaliable for sale with name/number, but more bummed that they have already switched numbers. At the very least I was hoping for the numbers that are heat pressed with stiching on the numerals themselves. Part of my logic for getting it now was that it would be up the the"standard" that replica jerseys are thesedays. I remember reading that next season there will be 3 levels of jerseys with something to the effct of, the lowest will not have shoulder logos and will have screen printed logo, name and number. The middle will have screen printed logos on to a crest that is sewn is heat appiled to th jersey and the name and numbers are the same, and then the full blown on ice authentic. (some of that info was discussed hereNHL to use RBK unis)

As for the other CCM 550 replicas that are heat pressed I have picked up off ebay, they are all players who no longer play for the team (Deadmarsh and Tanguay) or have changed numbers (Satan #18), and I'm assuming they are surplus from before the change occured. They all have the names and numbers sewn around the edge to give the appearance of being sewn on when they really arent. After seeing thats what reebok.com and shop.nhl.com have come to use on the replicas they ship out (heat press twill), does anyone know when they started doing this? I'm guessing the why is beacuse its easier and/or cheaper, but I know they didn't always do it that way. My dad got me a Mike Modano Stars 3rd Jersey from shop.nhl.com when those first came out (like I said, I know I have bad taste!), but that thing was fully sewn and tackle twill, very nice I must say, I just wish that was still the case.

Thanks for the input.

SEAsig.png

About an hour ago, the UPS man showed up at my apartment with my newest jersey, a Paul Gaustad Sabres White jersey, and yes I realized I have bad taste in jerseys!!! I ordered it off reebok.com during the sale I posted about a few weeks back. I've always wanted a Guastad jersey, he played for my hometown Portland Winter Hawks, as well as grew up there, so I decided to spring for it when rbk had the sale. When I opened the box, I was pleased, its a very sharp looking jersey (minus the logo, i like the design of the jersey though) and the name and number look spot on (font wise). The front made of the regular CCM air mesh that has been the standard on replicas for years, the back is made of a lighter, siliker and somewhat-strech material (as advertised for the whole jersey in the years to come as I understand it) which i didnt expect, I really like the feel of that compared to the classic air mesh. The numbers are what got me though. Reebok said they heat seal twill numbers and letters on to the jersey, and what got were heat sealed plastic/vinyl numbers (swingman basketball jerseyesque) just not swen on, which kind of bummed me out. Jerseys I have picked up previously that are heat sealed (although advertised on ebay as sewn on :cursing: ) are actual twill and the number are stitched, although not to the jersey, but zig zag sticked around the number to make it look like its stitched, this one is the two layers of a vinyl type number on top of each other. The nameplate is sewn on to the jersey (whic other head sealed jerseys have not had, they just look as if they are), but again the name is made of vinly letters. Not to mention that the yellow numbers show spots of white when you look at them really, really closely, but look great from afar.

My question is this, has anyone else gotten a Sabres custom jersey this season? Is yours consistant with the one I got? I'm not really mad, I payed about $40 less than the cheapest place I found the Sabers jerseys avaliable for sale with name/number, but more bummed that they have already switched numbers. At the very least I was hoping for the numbers that are heat pressed with stiching on the numerals themselves. Part of my logic for getting it now was that it would be up the the"standard" that replica jerseys are thesedays. I remember reading that next season there will be 3 levels of jerseys with something to the effct of, the lowest will not have shoulder logos and will have screen printed logo, name and number. The middle will have screen printed logos on to a crest that is sewn is heat appiled to th jersey and the name and numbers are the same, and then the full blown on ice authentic. (some of that info was discussed hereNHL to use RBK unis)

As for the other CCM 550 replicas that are heat pressed I have picked up off ebay, they are all players who no longer play for the team (Deadmarsh and Tanguay) or have changed numbers (Satan #18), and I'm assuming they are surplus from before the change occured. They all have the names and numbers sewn around the edge to give the appearance of being sewn on when they really arent. After seeing thats what reebok.com and shop.nhl.com have come to use on the replicas they ship out (heat press twill), does anyone know when they started doing this? I'm guessing the why is beacuse its easier and/or cheaper, but I know they didn't always do it that way. My dad got me a Mike Modano Stars 3rd Jersey from shop.nhl.com when those first came out (like I said, I know I have bad taste!), but that thing was fully sewn and tackle twill, very nice I must say, I just wish that was still the case.

Thanks for the input.

Hey, sorry, I don't have an answer to your question, since I haven't gotten a new Sabres jersey, but I was just wondering if that sale is going on, or if there will be anymore of those 40% off RBK sales anytime soon? I'm always looking to add to my hockey jersey collection, and the sales always really help. I imagine once the season is over, the current NHL jerseys will go on sale big time, since they're switching over next year. Thanks for any info.

17d39f21-957a-437b-8af3-d3e112b5259f.gif

I would assume in about two months and two weeks or so. They usually happen quartley. A member of the forum had been letting us know about them from time time time, but I heard nothing about this last one until it was underway. Just a heads up, that they dont always have jerseys on sale. The one before this didn't I recall.

Also, I was just comparing my jersey to some of game action photos, and I know a size large vs. authentic 56 or 58 that the players wear is a fair difference, but with the heat seal numbers, they are moved up and to the left, and are on the shoulder pannel, compared to on the seam between the front and shoulders. Again, not a big deal, but it makes the number closer to the shoulder patch, and there isnt enough room for a certain patch to go there should it be necessary :hockeysmiley: .

SEAsig.png

I've bought two Sabres white road jerseys this season. Both of them Authentic, and both of them done perfect. I bought an authentic customized Teppo Numminen jersey from www.triplethreatsports.com for only 200 bucks (about 75 bucks cheaper than retail) and it looks great, as well as one with my name on it. I don't really waste my time with replicas (I like having the fight strap and all that) so the only thing I can tell you is if you want it to look as real as possible, shell out the extra money for the authentics

Hey, good to hear. Triple Threat was the place I was going to get a replica custom jersey, becuase as you said their prices cant be beat (or even really come close to elsewhere), and from they look like they know they stuff over there. Believe me, I wish I had the cash for authentics, but as I'm a student w/o work, and had already bought another jersey that same day, the replica was the only thing I could go for! Upon further review, it apperars as if the numbers actually are twill, just much more reflective than any of my other jerseys, so I'm not a bummed as I was, again, its more that they didnt even pretend to sew them on. I'm pretty sure i'll get that taken care of in the near future (aka summer when I get money), and get the local guy who knows what hes doing to go and zig zag sticth the numbers and letters, just becuase thats how it should be, and it bugs me that it isn't. In the end, you can't beat it for $78, even when I get everything stitched on, it will still be cheaper than the $115 (by far) I was thinking of dropping at Triple Threat, other than that, I would agree Triple Threat is a great place to go.

SEAsig.png

Not right now, I'm at school with out a digital camera. I'm hoping to go home this weekend and get some pics, I'll try to rember to do that. I'm not sure if you caught were I said I did find the lettering/numbering to be twill, just a brighter/shineier verasion that ive have seen before on any of my other jerseys.

SEAsig.png

Interesting, I think im good for now (I'm trying to tell myslef I'll be ok, that I dont need another...is there an AA for jersey buying?) but they way I look at it is that its a moment in time and it was accurate then. I was thinking about the silver today when I got back from class, to me silver and gold (the yellowish color they have) are like red and blue, rival colors. I didnt expect the two to work so well together, too bad.

SEAsig.png

here is my custom numminen jersey

DSCN3326.jpg

FIrst off, in the picture you can see the different mesh used on the back, which is the same as my jersey. Albanian, is the front of your jersey the classic CCM Air Knit, or the same silky material?

Photos are here, quicker than I expected...but not of that great of quality.

DSCF0080.jpg

DSCF0079.jpg

73175714.jpg

DSCF0082.jpg

While they arent great, I think the show what I was trying to get at. The lettering someone asked for is posted, just the single-ply twill heat sealed to a mesh name plate then the name late is swen on to the jersey. While the picture of the sleeve number is really blurry, I think you can see inconsistancy in the yellow will, there are white speckles if you look very closely (nothing anyone at an arean would notice). Finally the after the fact I realized the #28 on the front is not positioned as it should. Ive include a anuthentic picture for refernce. The numerals should be on the divide between the shoulders and the body of the jersey, but I'm guessing just becuase its easier, the numbers are on the shoulders only. Either way, Its a sick looking jersey, and ranks up there as one of my favorites I own (again, minus the damn slug logo).

SEAsig.png

The front of my jersey is made from the same material as the back. There is no silky material on it at all except on the silver side panels. As for the front numbers, yours are much higher and further to the left than the ones I have are. The ones I have are closer to the v-neck like the one in the one-ice picture you posted. Also, none of the numbers on my jerseys have any sparkly stuff on them either

actually under further inspection. the material used on the back does feel SLIGHTLY different than the material on the front. I wouldnt have noticed it if you hadn't pointed it out to me. However, after comparing the Numminen jersey which I bought from triplethreatsports and the one with my name from the NHL shop, they are indeed exactly the same, so I am pretty sure the ones i have are the same ones worn on the ice

be prepared to buy another since rumours have it teh next season the Slugs are dropping the silver from the unis

theres no way thats going to happen

well they are going to those form fitting jerseys next season but I cant see them changing the uniform style much, if at all

be prepared to buy another since rumours have it teh next season the Slugs are dropping the silver from the unis

WAAAAAAAAY too good to be true. As a Sabres fan I'm embarassed that we ditched our traditional colors (again) in favor of the Predators exact color scheme.

If they dropped all the silver and replaced it with gold and/or white (depending on whether it's the home or road uniform) I might finally break down and buy one. In the meantime I'll wait for a new jersey that uses the original, and by far the best, logo.

WAAAAAAAAY too good to be true. As a Sabres fan I'm embarassed that we ditched our traditional colors (again) in favor of the Predators exact color scheme.

If they dropped all the silver and replaced it with gold and/or white (depending on whether it's the home or road uniform) I might finally break down and buy one. In the meantime I'll wait for a new jersey that uses the original, and by far the best, logo.

uh, blue and gold were the traditional colors. If anything the Predators ripped the Sabres off

uh, blue and gold were the traditional colors. If anything the Predators ripped the Sabres off

Uh, royal blue and bright yellow were the original colors. We currently have navy blue and a darker (?) yellow, and for no apparent reason silver everywhere. The difference is obvious when they wear the throwbacks with the new pants.

actually under further inspection. the material used on the back does feel SLIGHTLY different than the material on the front. I wouldnt have noticed it if you hadn't pointed it out to me. However, after comparing the Numminen jersey which I bought from triplethreatsports and the one with my name from the NHL shop, they are indeed exactly the same, so I am pretty sure the ones i have are the same ones worn on the ice

I'm sure we have the same material on the back (I can see it in the picture of the Teppo jersey), which is an air knit, but feels lighter and is a little strechy (and in my opinion, nice than the traditional CCM Air Knit). I'm not sure what the last part of your post is trying to get at, just looking for clairification.

SEAsig.png

I'm sure we have the same material on the back (I can see it in the picture of the Teppo jersey), which is an air knit, but feels lighter and is a little strechy (and in my opinion, nice than the traditional CCM Air Knit). I'm not sure what the last part of your post is trying to get at, just looking for clairification.

I might have gotten confused at something you said. The jersey is pretty much the traditional airknit all the way around, although it does feel a TAD different (a very very SMALL) difference to some of the other authentic jerseys of other teams I own but its so minute that unless you compared them side by side you wouldnt even notice a difference. You can see the back has somewhat of a shine to it, which other teams jerseys dont have. Thats kind of what I was getting at

Archived