Cubs Alternate

snetsrak43

So at a Cubs forum I post at we talked about the Cubs ditching the current alternate blues.

Everyone was talking about what their preferences and things were so I started throwing out some solutions. I then offered to take some requests.

So I wont post them all, because a lot didn't consist of more than adding trimming, but I'll present these as a Sunday alternate if the Cubs eve decided to go that route:

cubsprototype7.png

cubsprototype8.png

ah, the fauxback route. aside from the fact that it sorta reminds me of the Tigers (and the numbers are a little elongated), I figure it'd work. Unless Z decided "hey, I'll wear the blue jersey every day like my old one"

So at a Cubs forum I post at we talked about the Cubs ditching the current alternate blues.

Everyone was talking about what their preferences and things were so I started throwing out some solutions. I then offered to take some requests.

So I wont post them all, because a lot didn't consist of more than adding trimming, but I'll present these as a Sunday alternate if the Cubs eve decided to go that route:

cubsprototype7.png

cubsprototype8.png

Cubs forum? There are more of you? Jesus, it's an infestation.

That's not Cubbie blue, there's no red, the numbers are off, it's not a real throwback, and they look like the Tigers. Pass. Of course, like I said when I skewered a Bulls concept, I tend to be much harder on concepts for my teams.

That's not Cubbie blue, there's no red, the numbers are off, it's not a real throwback, and they look like the Tigers. Pass. Of course, like I said when I skewered a Bulls concept, I tend to be much harder on concepts for my teams.

For the record, this is what it is based off of:

nl_1912_chicago.gif

So other than some piping, and not going with blue pants thats authentic early 20th century Cubs.

The numbers I can fix, the consensus is that they are too enlongated right?

Yeah, we're the ones that aren't on meth.

Thread hijack: here's my ideal Cubs set:

cubshome.jpg

cubsroad.jpg

cubsthird.jpg

cubsstbp.jpg

Blue with red stays constant on home and road, a superior Chicago script is in use, Trade Gothic for surnames (see also the Avs and Habs) since a more rounded typeface fits with the city script and numbering better than old angular block, no red bills except for BP/ST, the garbage-seeking bear is brown and relegated to BP/ST as well, and the blue alts (for post-'62 opponents only) have some red on the sleeves like the '84 Cubs.

Yeah, we're the ones that aren't on meth.

Thread hijack: here's my ideal Cubs set:

Blue with red stays constant on home and road, a superior Chicago script is in use, Trade Gothic for surnames (see also the Avs and Habs) since a more rounded typeface fits with the city script and numbering better than old angular block, no red bills except for BP/ST, the garbage-seeking bear is brown and relegated to BP/ST as well, and the blue alts (for post-'62 opponents only) have some red on the sleeves like the '84 Cubs.

Beautiful except maybe just a tad bit of sleeve and jersey piping on the road grays.

I also wouldn't mind the "Cuba" script and the cub that went with it which someone modernized beautfully a while back as seen here:

NewCubslogo.png

No. Cuba = bad. The Caribbean nation is Communist, and as any true Chicagolander knows, Cuba Road is haunted. We don't need that sort of negative energy.

The asymmetry gets to me. It goes blue-white-red-white-blue on the left, and blue-white-blue on the right. Now I know we're going to deal with this when we use a letter C, but it just feels wrong, like it comes close to being symmetrical and falls short. Do I make any sense here? If the Cubs absolutely need a sleeve patch, I guess I'd prefer the National League shield on the grey, but I really think they can do without on all three.

Archived