NHL Playoffs?

jman077

Does anyone have any sort of solid dates for the NHL Playoffs? I know they start April 11th and end by June 11th (if the Cup goes to 7 games), but I was wondering if anyone knew the dates in between, because I know with the MLB playoffs I can generally find the entire World Series schedule fairly easily (by playoff time, anyways), and usually the CS schedules. Just wondering if anyone had them. For baseball, I usually find them at the ticketing site for one of the playoff teams, but detroitredwings.com doesn't have them. I can't seem to find them on the NHL ticket site either. So, dates would be nice if anyone has them. Thanks!

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

The reason why the World Series schedule is always in place early is because it will always follow the same format every year. Also, because it is extremely unlikely that any MLB stadium will be pre-empted by a concert or other sporting event makes it easily known that they have no problems scheduling in a game well ahead of time, even if the team doesn't make the playoffs.

With the NHL, some people don't even learn who they may be playing in the next round until two days before the second round begins. And if it's a playoff series like 3 vs 6 or 2 vs 7 that goes 7 games, it could affect home ice for two different teams. And what also to be taken into account is arena availability. Some arenas may have an NBA game going on or a concert or an ice show scheduled at some point during the playoffs.

Also, if both conference finals ended in 4 game sweeps, the NHL may boost up the start of the Stanley Cup Finals. As it stands though, the Stanley Cup Finals, if it follows the same scheduling structure it has the last three finals, would begin May 29th.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived