Sign in to follow this  
randyc

Need a little help

I was browsing eBay and I found 2 jerseys that caught my eye, 1. Jason Bay Pirates new Red alt, and 2. Jose Reyes Mets Home pinstripes. Seeing that I have never bought any jerseys off of eBay before I thought I would check here first with you guys to see if these are legit or not. To my eye, both of these are, but like I said a little clarification would be helpful.

Jose Reyes jersey

Jason Bay jersey

I was browsing eBay and I found 2 jerseys that caught my eye, 1. Jason Bay Pirates new Red alt, and 2. Jose Reyes Mets Home pinstripes. Seeing that I have never bought any jerseys off of eBay before I thought I would check here first with you guys to see if these are legit or not. To my eye, both of these are, but like I said a little clarification would be helpful.

Jose Reyes jersey

Jason Bay jersey

Don't know about the Jason Bay one, but the Jose Reyes one is a replica. A good replica, but not the real deal. The blue tackle twill used on the "Mets" and other numbers and letters is not the same as the authentic Mets jjerseys use. The official twill on the Mets' jerseys is kinda "waffle" textured, not smooth like this jersey.

Jose Reyes jersey

Jason Bay jersey

Don't know about the Jason Bay one, but the Jose Reyes one is a replica. A good replica, but not the real deal. The blue tackle twill used on the "Mets" and other numbers and letters is not the same as the authentic Mets jjerseys use. The official twill on the Mets' jerseys is kinda "waffle" textured, not smooth like this jersey.

First thing I thought about was the sleeve logo. They use the traditional logo with the blue buildings on the pinstripe jerseys. The "night" one is used on the black jerseys only.

Also, don't they have the name on a nameplate?

No, the Mets do not.

28745644.jpg

But you're both right - the Mets do use a textured tackle twill for the script and numbers, and the black alt logo is only worn on the black jerseys. It looks well done, but is not accurate.

that Mets jersey is definitely a replica. I believe if it was an authentic, the pinstripes would be in a tiny zigzag pattern