Dubie's fishy helmet

f-ing palko

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BUMP for DUUUUUUB! Playoffs baby! The ol' fisherman has got some magic in him after all.

(Just to keep this post on topic logo-wise, on the FSNY telecast today they spotlighted his helmet, and theres a little Yoda hiding behind Nystrom on the back of the helmet. Pretty cool.)

BUMP for DUUUUUUB! Playoffs baby! The ol' fisherman has got some magic in him after all.

(Just to keep this post on topic logo-wise, on the FSNY telecast today they spotlighted his helmet, and theres a little Yoda hiding behind Nystrom on the back of the helmet. Pretty cool.)

They then mentioned his lightsabre, and he pokechecked two Devils in the shootout.

The force is strong in this one.

They then mentioned his lightsabre, and he pokechecked two Devils in the shootout.

Just shows how un-skilled he is...

When you`re only weapon on a shootout is the pokecheck, you don`t belong in the NHL...

P.S.: I`ll sign any FISHERMAN petition, it was one of my favourtie shirt ever... the addition of Teal didn`t hurt.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

When you`re only weapon on a shootout is the pokecheck, you don`t belong in the NHL...

It seemed to work...

It seemed to work...

He has beat both the Rangers and Devils in shootouts in the past week so he's gotta be doing something right with the poke checks. Anyway, I read somewhere the other day that he put the Yoda on the back because although Dubie doesn't look like a goalie, Yoda didn't look like a Jedi warrior.

mets.png

That pokecheck knocked your sad Leafs out of the playoffs. Maybe Raycroft should learn it.

It's OK, though, he'll have an early offseason during which he can learn it.

(bow)

Look at the dejected Flyer watching the Islander celebrate the Cup on the side of the mask. That's awesome.

Yeah, that's almost as awesome as the Northstars never winning a cup, and then getting moved to Dallas. Almost.

17d39f21-957a-437b-8af3-d3e112b5259f.gif

Y'know I don't follow hockey much, but I kinda like the fisherman logo. They just have to make him look a lot more bad ass. I mean, what's an Islander supposed to be anyway?

Great... lets downgrade the look of the NHL once again with an AHL logo!!! Seriously, that logo had no place in a pro league... it was ugly and made the Islanders look more like a crappy organization that they already were.

I think I hear Buffalo getting their brooms ready to sweep away the present garbage...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Look at the dejected Flyer watching the Islander celebrate the Cup on the side of the mask. That's awesome.

Yeah, that's almost as awesome as the Northstars never winning a cup, and then getting moved to Dallas. Almost.

No. The situation you describe is most decidedly un-awesome in all respects. But how often do you see another team represented on a goalie's mask?

:hockeysmiley:

Y'know I don't follow hockey much, but I kinda like the fisherman logo. They just have to make him look a lot more bad ass. I mean, what's an Islander supposed to be anyway?

Great... lets downgrade the look of the NHL once again with an AHL logo!!! Seriously, that logo had no place in a pro league... it was ugly and made the Islanders look more like a crappy organization that they already were.

I think I hear Buffalo getting their brooms ready to sweep away the present garbage...

I respectfully disagree. Just because a person is depicted in a style that is not that of complete realism, does not mean a logo is minor league.

With a slightly different typeface and a removal of the goalie net, that logo could be great. You can do what you want with the accent colors depending on which colors you want associated with the Islanders, but even if they stay teal and silver, the logo on it's on would still be very good and worthy of being in a major professional league.

I understand people like their traditional logo, but that doesn't mean that logo sucked.

The uniforms DID suck, though. But not the logo.

And, to be honest, it's not like the logo they have is of the utmost quality either.

Don't get me wrong. I like it's charm, and it has tradition, and all of that stuff.

But if someone designed that for a new team today and another guy designed the other logo. I think 90% of this board would be in favor of the fisherman logo.

Hey, hey, hey some of those AHL logos are really cool. Don't dis an entire league just because a small portion of the logos suck.

girardi-1.png

lyip4wfi.pngzc9hmqq6.png

Thanks KaTo

Archived