Dubie's fishy helmet

f-ing palko

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like someone else mentioned, I never really had a problem with the logo. I really liked the "Islanders" font. If anything, I would have add a fourth (orange) "swoosh" at the bottom for the four cups, just like they now have on their shoulders.

But the unis were horrible.. the waves.. the font.. too many colors.. horrible. Even when they put the "classic" logo back on, it still didn't work. Hmm.. I wonder what the fisherman logo would look like on a current jersey?

366678430_f28e9d99de_o.jpg

If the Islanders were a brand new expansion team that logo and jersey combo would have worked. However, they were an established team, with one of the best dynasties that the game has ever seen along with a slew of hall of famers, thats why the logo and jersey didnt work.

Isles fisherman jersey

Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

My problem with that logo wasn't so much the fisherman itself but rather that stupid clunky "ISLANDERS" in front of it. It's so incredibly busy looking and is what made it look so minor league. If it was just the fisherman in front of the net with no busy clunky word type in front of it, it would have been an alright logo. But I do agree that the wave effect on that jersey is absolutely hideous

Your honor ... the jury ... the good people of Chris Creamer's Sports Logos Community ... I submit to you Exhibits A and B in the case of "How Silly Logos Can Make Mean Airbrushed Mascots on Masks"

Exhibit A: Wade Dubielewicz / New York Islanders / "The Fisherman"

DubieHelmet1.jpg

Exhibit B: Ty Conklin / Buffalo Sabres / "The Slug"

IMG_0262.jpg

I rest my case.

If anything, I would have add a fourth (orange) "swoosh" at the bottom for the four cups, just like they now have on their shoulders.

The three waves are an abstraction of Long Island. That's why the one in the middle is shorter than the other two.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

• LMU locked this topic

Archived