Rockies vs Arizona last night

roxfan00

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the Rockies wore their purple jersey's tonightfor the 3rd straight game....maybe and hopefully they dropped the black, sleeveless mess.

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

I'll probably get flamed by the traditionalists here, but I actually like both teams wearing alts (provided they don't clash, like Twins/Indians). I know it's tradition, but not only is white vs grey all the time extremely boring, it's a relic from the days before color TV. It might have been necessary then, but not now.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating a return to the mix & match 70's, but MLB uniforms have the least visual diversity of all the major sports in North America. IIRC, over a third of the teams use navy/red... that's just too many similarly dressed teams. Something's gotta give.

June 11, 1995 - Blue Jays @ Royals

1402672.jpg

I still get pissed just looking at that photo. How dumb do you have to be to wear blue against a team who wears damn near the same exact shade of blue? Looked like a practice game, not an MLB game.

lets just call that the "grape and strawberry" game.
Maybe so, but the pitchers weren't very able to work out of jams.

Classic.

And it looks like they brought back the black/purple hats as the roads again.

capt.3b3872ebf85e4603a18e0c8f17f6f690.rockies_padres_baseball_cali111.jpg

They only used the all black caps at home in the first series. Unless these are only relegated to purple jerseys on the road, I think they're reverting back to the purple phase. These were the road hats up until last season.

• LMU locked this topic

Archived