Chicago Bears wierd numbering

elliott

Completely understood. The last thing I'd want to do is jeopardize your access to vectors of Uranus.

I'm still pissed that Pluto disbanded after last season. Or, should I say, was made "inactive". You should have seen what they were planning to do next season...oops...I shouldn't reveal what it was...

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Completely understood. The last thing I'd want to do is jeopardize your access to vectors of Uranus.

I'm still pissed that Pluto disbanded after last season. Or, should I say, was made "inactive". You should have seen what they were planning to do next season...oops...I shouldn't reveal what it was...

Pluto was merely relegated, not made inactive. Some will argue it was backlash from the failed expansion effort and others will say it was done in the interest of evening up the league for scheduling purposes.

Watching the Bears in the superbowl last season, I noticed a difference between the 8's on the sleeves and the front/back of the jersey. The hole is much smaller on the sleeve. Heres some pics:

131736_225X300.jpg

rex_grossman_bears_top.jpg

But thats only on the game worn ones. Heres a picture of a Grossman jersey that is sold. As you can barely see, the numbering is correct:

P0071725.jpg

Wierd? :therock:

If it were the Superbowl, wouldn't he be wearing the SB logo patch?

No, the official SB logo patch was only on the replicas that they sold. With the correct numbering.

Dude honestly, did you watch the Super Bowl? The Bears most certainly wore the patch, as both teams have done for the past ten years.

And we may be hard on this guy, but it's warranted to a degree. Newbie or not, you gotta do a little background research before bringing up such a well versed topic. And to think that a screened replica would be correct over the onfield jersey.........

:wacko:

GRUMPY OLD POSTER #2: "No it's not, it's THIS Pantone (image of a Pantone card), but I won't say what the number is, because you'll sell a counterfeit sky on eBay!"

TheSky_MC1_9999_SOL.jpg

So prior to the year 0 the sky had a different colour scheme? :P

GRUMPY OLD POSTER #2: "No it's not, it's THIS Pantone (image of a Pantone card), but I won't say what the number is, because you'll sell a counterfeit sky on eBay!"

TheSky_MC1_9999_SOL.jpg

No, but that's the first year that color records were kept. Any years prior to the year zero are considered to be B.C. -- Before Color. You should really do some basic research before you ask these kinds of questions. Jesus! The people we have to tolerate around here!

TheSky_MC1_9999_SOL.jpg

I now have Diet Mountain Dew coming out of my nose, and tears coming from my eyes.

Thank you very much - this is why I love this place :D

:D Bravo, PANTONE, Bravo! :D

Same effect here, but with Diet Dr. Pepper (This is diet?)

Chazberg said:
El_Duderino said:
SmoothieX said:
elliott said:

Watching the Bears in the superbowl last season, I noticed a difference between the 8's on the sleeves and the front/back of the jersey. The hole is much smaller on the sleeve. Heres some pics:

131736_225X300.jpg

But thats only on the game worn ones. Heres a picture of a Grossman jersey that is sold. As you can barely see, the numbering is correct:

P0071725.jpg

Wierd? :therock:

If it were the Superbowl, wouldn't he be wearing the SB logo patch?

No, the official SB logo patch was only on the replicas that they sold. With the correct numbering.

Dude honestly, did you watch the Super Bowl? The Bears most certainly wore the patch, as both teams have done for the past ten years.

And we may be hard on this guy, but it's warranted to a degree. Newbie or not, you gotta do a little background research before bringing up such a well versed topic. And to think that a screened replica would be correct over the onfield jersey.........

When I read it, I did not think he actually thought that the replica was "correct" as much as that he may have meant that the concept of the numbers matching was "correct." I don't think he thinks the on-field jerseys are screwed up.

I recall being a newbie and I got excited and posted a couple of things that I should not have. Most grow out of it.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Branching off this a bit ... which Chicago franchise started with the round numbers first -- the Bears or the Cubs?

I don't have specific starting dates, but the Cubs were definitely first...

Here's a pic of Dizzy Dean, who was with the Cubs from 1938-41, wearing rounded numbers.

Dean_Dizzy1938b.jpg

...and here's the 1941 Bears, appearing to still have block numerals

1941bears.jpg

Yes, I did watch the superbowl, those are just regular old pics of Rex Grossman, not necesarily from the super bowl.

I heard Pluto was going to come out with rings next season, which would have sux0rd, 'cause Saturn is the only one who should be allowed to have rings. Ever. Some classy piping like Jupiter would be OK though.

Please no concepts of the proposed ringed Pluto. Those, like the '96 Nordiques Wolf, should never see the light of day.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

And another new member of the community is alienated by long-standing members who hate the newbies... :rolleyes:

Let's try again:

NEW POSTER: "The sky is blue."

GRUMPY OLD POSTER #1: "You're an idiot - it's cyan!"

GRUMPY OLD POSTER #3: "Hey NEW POSTER, you're a loser. Stay off our board."

All I'm saying is there's no need to bully the new(ish) guy.

Wow. I have never seen anything summed up so well and so humorously. I know I'm still new, but already I have seen so much of this going on. And I don't get it.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

And another new member of the community is alienated by long-standing members who hate the newbies... :rolleyes:

Let's try again:

NEW POSTER: "The sky is blue."

GRUMPY OLD POSTER #1: "You're an idiot - it's cyan!"

GRUMPY OLD POSTER #3: "Hey NEW POSTER, you're a loser. Stay off our board."

All I'm saying is there's no need to bully the new(ish) guy.

Not only do I love this reply...but GO WHALE!!!!!

Yes, I did watch the superbowl, those are just regular old pics of Rex Grossman, not necesarily from the super bowl.

Those pics appear to be from the NFC Championship.

I am also a newbie & love this site, & the vets do tend to pile on quickly when someone makes a mistake (present company included). Let's all join hands & sing "We Are the World!"

Those pics appear to be from the NFC Championship.

I am also a newbie & love this site, & the vets do tend to pile on quickly when someone makes a mistake (present company included). Let's all join hands & sing "We Are the World!"

Some songs have a special meaning for a couple. But when the song already has meaning, that is cheapened.

"We are the world, we are the children."

Yeah, remember that night when I :censored: you in the pet cemetery?

-Mitch Hedberg

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

TheSky_MC1_9999_SOL.jpg

Post of the MILLENIA... :winner:

TheSky_MC1_9999_SOL.jpg

No, but that's the first year that color records were kept. Any years prior to the year zero are considered to be B.C. -- Before Color. You should really do some basic research before you ask these kinds of questions. Jesus! The people we have to tolerate around here!

Close runner-up... :trophy:

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived