WNBA jerseys

Delux247

"If a WNBA game is played anywhere, and no one gives a crap, does it really make a sound?"

Hey, at least they still play a team sport.... :P

Good point. You see, I really enjoy watching Florida's men's team because they share the ball, don't make rash decisions, shoot well, play good defense, and rebound.

I'm really surprised that all of these fly-by-night super-prep schools, shoe company agents, and other flacks don't recognize this.

Simple. The parasites can't make any money off team ball, just flashy individuals.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jerseys I like:

Washington, Minnesota, New York, Phoenix,

Jersey I think are ok:

Detroit, Connecticut, Sacrmento

Jerseys I dont like:

Chicago, San Antonio, Houston, Seattle

Havent Seen:

Los Angeles, Indiana

FINALLY!

The WNBA teams are no longer mimicking the jerseys of the NBA teams in their cities.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

This jersey is sweet lookin in my opinion:

http://www.nba.com/gallery/WNBADraft/070404_33.html

The cutline is wrong:

" ... receives her Lynx jersey ..."

IT'S CONNECTICUT, BAMA!!!!!

BTW, I like the Sacramento purple jersey.

I just wonder if Adidas will make sew-on replicas available. Throughout the Champion, Reebok, and Nike eras, all they've sold in the stores have been the cheapo screenprints.

It says "...Lynx jersey..." on several of those cutlines. Someone forgot to cut-and-paste the proper nickname.

Ape.

Guilty of doing a similar thing some days at his paper.

That Blue Connecticut jersey was my favorite.

I realize adidas makes the jerseys for everyone, but is it necessary that ALL the jerseys have side panel designs?

Some don't even make sense.

What is the design on the Lynx jersey?

"If a WNBA game is played anywhere, and no one gives a crap, does it really make a sound?"

Hey, at least they still play a team sport.... :P

Yea, because the Bulls, Mavs, Pistons, Spurs and Suns don't play any team ball, right. :rolleyes:

Not to mention the reigning two-time MVP is an assist man.

It guess they are better shoulder thing which almost every team had early on.

Once again, is it so hard to type using some semblance of proper English? Posts like this make me hurt.

Here's an idea: before you hit "Submit Post" or "Add Reply," read what you've just typed out loud to yourself. If it makes you sound like an idiot, or someone trying to come down off a meth high, try again.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Now that my grammar and usage rant is out of the way, I can comment on these.

I have mixed feelings about the design elements being used. The sublimated side logos are a bold step, but as has been noted by others, it's an idea that works a lot better for some teams than others. The Sun and Shock came out looking very good with this, and I like Washington's side stripes, which I'd guess are an allusion to the old Bullets candy-cane jerseys.

Templating... yeah, it's gonna happen, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. Every team's getting the same treatment, from the looks of it, though I imagine the side logos are there to cut down on the cookie-cutter feel. But with names below the numbers, and sandwiched into that awkward "V" piping on the back, what's going to happen with long or hyphenated names? Ms. Abcdefg fits nicely, but I'm thinking anything 9 letters or more is going to be a tough fit.

One last note: when did Sacramento add red? Never noticed that before, though admittedly I wasn't paying much attention.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

This kind of reminds me of shopping with my girlfriend. She olds up a dress and says: "Do you like this?" and I say: "Put it on and THEN I'll see"

I think I have to wait and see what these things look like when the players put them on. Until then its a good IDEA, don't know if it'll be a good UNIFORM yet.

Is it just me or did anyone else see this jersey:

draft3_400_070404.jpg

and go "Denver"? With those colors and that name they seem like they should be in Denver and not Chicago.

I had to point this out...

Brooke Smith is freakin' adorable...damn...

wnbdraft_400_0704.jpg

draft6_400_070404.jpg

gall4_600_070404.jpg

Too bad she's 6-3...lol

Agreed!

I thought I was the only one. And I'm 6'5" so it ain't too bad for me. :D

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

One last note: when did Sacramento add red? Never noticed that before, though admittedly I wasn't paying much attention.

Their primary logo has some red, namely the basketball at the top.

SAC_1587.gif

It's more aparent on the alt logo, however.

SAC_1588.gif

Too bad she's 6'3"? I guess I call dibs since thats about perfect for a 6'10" fellow like me.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

I'm 5'11", and I wouldn't complain about Brooke Smith's height for one second. Cute is cute, no matter what the height.

Archived