Jays T caps new road caps?

uniguy22

For the second straight game the Jays have worn the new T caps on the road. I thought these were only alternates. Anyone know whats up?

fullj.getty-73394596cc025_toronto_blue__4_25_54_pm.jpg

Are there even any rules on uniforms in MLB? I know that in the NFL teams can only wear alternates for 2 games. If there are no restrictions on MLB uniforms, than is it really surprising that they are mixing and matching caps/jerseys? I'm not being critical of your question, I am just curious in general.

I think what he is saying is that its the beginning of the year and this hat is supposed to be an alternate yet it has been worn already twice in a row.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

I think what he is saying is that its the beginning of the year and this hat is supposed to be an alternate yet it has been worn already twice in a row.

I understood what he meant. My point was that if there are no uniform restrictions, then does it even matter if it is designated as an alternate? Therefore, it could be worn whenever, regardless of time of year, etc.

Are there even any rules on uniforms in MLB? I know that in the NFL teams can only wear alternates for 2 games. If there are no restrictions on MLB uniforms, than is it really surprising that they are mixing and matching caps/jerseys? I'm not being critical of your question, I am just curious in general.

I'm pretty sure the only hard and fast rule is white pants at home and something that's not white on the road. From there on out, it's just "pull some crap out of your lockers and put it on." The Mets and Rockies have demonstrated this; the Astros have gone a step further and don't even require players to be wearing the same shirt in a game.

the Astros have gone a step further and don't even require players to be wearing the same shirt in a game.

Every team has this policy. Otherwise it would be impossible to move around and it would really stretch the shirt.

Fine, Safire. Matching shirts. You may win this round, but I will follow you like a bird of prey and catch your next error.

I could be like what the Mariners did after they got their new caps 13 years ago. For a while the teal bill was the home cap and the navy bill was the road, the a few years later, event hough they were stil listed as home and away caps, the navy billed cap was worn almost every game (a few exceptions being the American Leauge patch all the teams worn and a few others) and finally the got rid of the "home cap" which handt really been that for years. The jays could be doing the same there, and since it usually up to the starting pitcher and senior players what jersey/hat combo to wear, it could just be their preference.

SEAsig.png

the Astros have gone a step further and don't even require players to be wearing the same shirt in a game.

Every team has this policy. Otherwise it would be impossible to move around and it would really stretch the shirt.

I thought the White Sox tried to do the single-shirt thing back in the '70s, no?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I thought the White Sox tried to do the single-shirt thing back in the '70s, no?

What didn't the White Sox try in the '70s?

I don't get what you're saying. I was facetiously referring to Biggio wearing a Houston red shirt and not an Astros red, then Hollander nit-picked me. I think the various iterations of the Sox uniform always had a home and away set. I'm thinking of the collared shirts, which came in navy and white. Is there another one I'm missing?

What didn't the White Sox try in the '70s?

I don't get what you're saying. I was facetiously referring to Biggio wearing a Houston red shirt and not an Astros red, then Hollander nit-picked me. I think the various iterations of the Sox uniform always had a home and away set. I'm thinking of the collared shirts, which came in navy and white. Is there another one I'm missing?

I'm not sure, but I'm wondering if he's not saying the same thing you are...the Sox did so many things, that they must have tried this.

• LMU locked this topic

Archived