Hat Question

gmlouisville

I think we've all seen examples (OAK alt, CIN alt) of hats that are available in the new 5950 that simply aren't worn anymore. Could anyone (or all of us together) guess as to a complete list of which hats aren't really anymore?

Do Texas/Colorado/New York Mets/etc. really wear all 3 of their hats regularly?

Thanks in advance.

i am guessing if they are still listed as Alternates, NE has to make them.

i hate that because i have a bunch of people come into my store looking for this

1_250.jpg

hat. Since they werent suppose to be wearing them this year, i told them that it wouldnt be made. go me putting my foot in my mouth.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

The Mets do wear all 3 caps.

The all black cap goes with the all black jerseys.

The two-tone is always worn withthe gray jersey and usually with the home white and pinstripe.

The blue cap is sometimes worn with the home white and pinstripe. I have read elsewhere that they plan on wearing the blue cap more often this season.

The Bucs brought that hat back from the graveyard to wear with their new red alts.

No, they didn't. This year they switched from yellow to red brimmed. That cap definitely was used last year, as I saw it in person.

The red brimmed cap was an old alt that they used in the late 90's. I want to say it debuted in 96 or 97. They got rid of it for a few years and brought it back for the new red vest. They definitely did not wear it last year, yellow brims are not red brims, hence different cap.

Phils seem to only have one hat now, the red billed one. Too early to say that there will NOT be a blue billed one, but I have not seen them this year yet.

The Phillies only wear the blue billed ones during all Interleague games, home and away. They do NOT wear them any other time of the season.

The Pirates wore the Red billed from '96 until, I believe '00 or '01, when they switched the bill to yellow. They ditched them and the black alts after '04, I think, then in '05 debuted pinstripes. This year with the red alts they brought back the red billed hat.....And completes the most hideous set of unis since the D'Rays gradient BS.

the Nats and Orioles indeed wear all 3 hats.

The Phillies only wear the blue billed ones during all Interleague games, home and away. They do NOT wear them any other time of the season.

The Pirates wore the Red billed from '96 until, I believe '00 or '01, when they switched the bill to yellow. They ditched them and the black alts after '04, I think, then in '05 debuted pinstripes. This year with the red alts they brought back the red billed hat.....And completes the most hideous set of unis since the D'Rays gradient BS.

Great info, guys. I really appreciate it. Any others have the ins and outs of the Rangers, Indians, Padres, Rays, or Twins? Or any other hats not mentioned offered in new 5950s but not used anymore?

Great info, guys. I really appreciate it. Any others have the ins and outs of the Rangers, Indians, Padres, Rays, or Twins? Or any other hats not mentioned offered in new 5950s but not used anymore?

Let me add to that. What about the Rockies? Do they plan to wear all 3 hats as well? Anyone know?

Well, as I said, I know that CIN atl and OAK alt aren't being worn anymore.

True, but the team could wear them at any time, since they're still listed as alternates.

I'm guessing that they do that so the caps remain in production for merchandise sales, but that is only my speculation.

What about this green Padres cap? Do they wear this specifically with the camo jerseys or something?

1_250.jpg

Yes.

capt.03bf66f388874584b5f94315d4f257d8.rockies_padres_baseball_cali104.jpg

Archived