How i think the SWB Yankees should have looked...

JQK

I agree, the home looks very sharp, while the road has too much lettering. It's always bugged me they are the Scranton Wilkes-Barre Yankess, while the other team in town is the Wilkes-Barre Scranton Pengins. Any one know why?

SEAsig.png

I agree, the home looks very sharp, while the road has too much lettering. It's always bugged me they are the Scranton Wilkes-Barre Yankess, while the other team in town is the Wilkes-Barre Scranton Pengins. Any one know why?

All on placement. If the team is located closer to Scranton (like in Moosic), Scranton comes first.

If they are located closer to Wilke-Barre (Like Wacovia Arena in Wilkes Barre, Home of the Penguins), Wilkes-Barre comes first.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I love the homes. I miss the SWB logo already. I would throw the SWB logo on the roads as well, since the team name does not fit (as you have shown) on the jerseys.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Lovely concept. Accomplishes exactly what you set out to do, and what the team should have done in the first place. (Well, aside from keeping the Barons name and identity, which obviously should have been Plan A.)

While I don't mind the roads -- that's how a lot of teams with longish names looked in days of yore -- I think you'd do better to make the roads say "Yankees." Both a nod to the early days of the Yankees uniform set, when they did briefly wear road jerseys that said "Yankees," and as cynical a merchandising ploy. You won't sell many "Scranton Wilkes-Barre" jerseys outside of the ballpark. But a legitimate, game-use, Yankees-style road jersey that says "Yankees"? That has potential.

20082614447.png

Perfection, well almost. IMO the "SWB" logo on the home jersey is a little big, but other then that it's perfect.

Actually, I think I like the road jersey more then the home. It has character, and I always like it when a minor league team honours its home town with its road jersey.

Archived