Huggy back to WVU

Ez Street

http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/10108684

Barring a last-second change of plans, Bob Huggins will soon announce he is leaving Kansas State for West Virginia, CBS SportsLine.com has confirmed through multiple sources. One source described the move as 'imminent.' Another said it is 'very close.'

It's too bad for K-State. Looks like Beasley might be able to jump if K-State releases his letter of intent. But Bill Walker would have to stay, sit out a year and then join huggy, or bolt to the NBA.

What was that? Something about reaping and sowing?

Hope a year of Thuggy Bear was worth it, Wildcat fans.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Mmmmm... carpetbaggin' goodness!

Bob Huggins' legacy at K-State will consist entirely of those crapbox Nike uniforms.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Mmmmm... carpetbaggin' goodness!

Bob Huggins' legacy at K-State will consist entirely of those crapbox Nike uniforms.

:notworthy:

This is sleazy even by his already low standards.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Wow, he leave the #1 recruiting class after one year. I understand UWV is hit alma matta and he get play against Cincinatti once, maybe twice pending on scheduling, but K-state gave him the oppertunity to coach when no one wanted him and had no other options.

Didn't he turn down the UWV job in 2001 or sumthin like that when it was offer to him.

This will be fun when WV comes to Cincinnati. Bearcats fans will cheer for the Mountaineers, and so will I. Mick Cronin is horrible here. We want our Hugs back.

My roommate's from Cincinnati and I cannot understand this logic you people have. I asked him what his favorite college basketball team was and he said whoever Bob Huggins coaches. How can someone who really didn't win all that much, graduated nobody and basically took sleazy college sports to another level be so popular to the point that fans would root for him against their own team. I find it funny that you said that because you had the same reaction to this as my roommate.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Totally saw this one coming. Last year in Sports Marketing class we had a guy come in who was clost to Huggins and his agent. And he said that he talked to Huggins all the time and said that Mr. Huggins was not happy in Manhattan, Kan. and said,"It's lonely down here."

As for the recruiting class, I dont know about Beasley, He'll probably leave. Bill Walker, too. He won't go to the NBA because he's not ready yet, He needs a year or two to perfect his game. But watch out for OJ Mayo. He's a Huggins guy, and OJ plays in WV, his home state.

And I'll admit I rooted for K-State this year, not just for Huggins, but for Bill Walker and Ryan Patzwald(two Cincinnati guys) too. I wasn't suprised when they didn't make the tourney, they didn't deserve to. But UC is my team and I'll root for them as long as I live.

. . . . as am I.

Let's just hope this is the only one and done defection in the North this year. That Arkansas vacancy leaves me uneasy about Mike Anderson's interest in staying in CoMo.

Wow, he leave the #1 recruiting class after one year. I understand UWV is hit alma matta and he get play against Cincinatti once, maybe twice pending on scheduling, but K-state gave him the oppertunity to coach when no one wanted him and had no other options.

Didn't he turn down the UWV job in 2001 or sumthin like that when it was offer to him.

He turned 'em down when negotiations over $$$$ broke down.

Some homecoming. He'd have been there already if he didn't bitch about the almighty dollar.

This will be fun when WV comes to Cincinnati. Bearcats fans will cheer for the Mountaineers, and so will I. Mick Cronin is horrible here. We want our Hugs back.

Christ almighty, what is this? Do you even know of what you speak? Mick Cronin was Huggins' right hand man for many years, and landed a LOT of the stud talent to Cincinnati. He is a good coach that's in a bad situation right now. Give him time.

Why you would even want Huggins back is beyond me. Anyone who would root against their school just because of a coach is no fan of the program. Bearcat fan? Try more a Huggins fan. Call a spade a spade.

I understand your concern Yale.

But, I'm not sure the Razorbacks are looking for a Nolan Richardson disciple.

At least not as long as Frank Broyles is making the decision.

He's not. Especially after the Dana Altman fiasco. Of course, I have another reason why Anderson might not want to come. (The fact that "disarray" might be a charitable description of the team right now). Don't know if they've done anything sanction worthy, though (maybe "institutional control")

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived