Detroit Tigers AL Champion Ring.

sacker12

Although its pretty, and very nice looking, does the AL Champ deserve a ring if they don't win the WS? I mean, there is the argument that they did win a league, because the NL and AL really are different leagues, but, still, I don't know if its necessary.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

Although its pretty, and very nice looking, does the AL Champ deserve a ring if they don't win the WS? I mean, there is the argument that they did win a league, because the NL and AL really are different leagues, but, still, I don't know if its necessary.

They most definitely do.

Despite some of the most recent moves of the MLB, winning the pennant of either league is a huge accomplishment regardless of the World Series. It's a bit different than the other sports. It IS a championship, and is definitely worthy of a ring.

Now, of course, it's more fun to get a World Series ring, but winning the AL or NL and then losing in the WS is a lot different than just being a runner up.

They most definitely do.

Despite some of the most recent moves of the MLB, winning the pennant of either league is a huge accomplishment regardless of the World Series. It's a bit different than the other sports. It IS a championship, and is definitely worthy of a ring.

Now, of course, it's more fun to get a World Series ring, but winning the AL or NL and then losing in the WS is a lot different than just being a runner up.

Yeah, plus you also have to take into consideration the American League and National League are technically two different leagues, just that they're under the Major League Baseball umbrella

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

That is very sharp. And I have no problem with the AL Champs ring. It might not be worn with the same level of pride, but the pennant is still a big thing.

Anyway, that ring is outstanding.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Why does the losing team deserve a ring. 2ND PLACE is not the world champs. An A.L. championship banner is good enough.

You won the whole league.

NFL champions get a ring.

NHL Champions get a ring.

Why shouldn't American League or National Leage champions get a ring?

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

agreed. That one and the Lightning one from the 2004 are both sharp.

With the Devils, 1995 and 2000 were disappointing...

1995tn.jpg2000tn.jpg

2003's ring was spectacular, though. The way a championship ring should look...

2003tn.jpg

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I know it for 1st place in the American League. With expanded intra-league, the AL and NL are pretty much conferences for all intents and purpouses. To me, it just seems like a participation ribbon. Its kinda like losing in the BCS title game and wearing your conference title ring. I dont imagine Matt Leinart is wearing is PAC 10 ring from the year they lost to Texas. If I were a pro athlete I'd only wear the ring for the real championship.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

It's nice, but why would you want a ring for 2nd place?

:D Kidding! In baseball, winning the Pennant is almost like winning the whole thing in other sports. It may not be quite the magnitude of say the Super Bowl (but probably a helluva lot more prestigious than the NBA Championship these days), but it is still a very big accomplishment in the world of baseball. Always has been, and that's one of the great things about baseball. On the ring itself, I think it is very sweet. That is a fine piece of jewelry. And I'm not saying this condesendenly (sp?) because my Cardinals won it all. That is definately a very nice ring, and enormous accomplishment, and actually, I was hoping the Tigers would make it to the World Series, and I would have cheered for them all the way after the kind of season and turnaround they had, but I was most definately not expecting the Cards to make it, so in the end I couldn't really root for the Tigers after all. ^_^

I know it for 1st place in the American League. With expanded intra-league, the AL and NL are pretty much conferences for all intents and purpouses.

Do "conferences" in other leagues play under a different set of rules?

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I know it for 1st place in the American League. With expanded intra-league, the AL and NL are pretty much conferences for all intents and purpouses.

Do "conferences" in other leagues play under a different set of rules?

I realize they are different leagues, but I think you see what I'm getting at. The goal of a pro-baseball player is the World Series not the ALCS or the NLCS.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Is it wrong that I'm hoping to see a slug on that page in the next few months?

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

Yeah, plus you also have to take into consideration the American League and National League are technically two different leagues, just that they're under the Major League Baseball umbrella

If by technically, you mean "just because we call our conferences 'leagues' ". When players hop leagues all the time (via trade or free agency) and interleague games put the two conferences against each other for a period of at least 3 weeks, they fail to be separate entities.

Oh yeah, MLB officially closed the offices of the AL and NL in the late 90's I believe, so both leagues are controlled by the same people.

Count me in with the group that thinks the Detroit ring is a silly runner-up prize.

But hey, remember the original Ace Ventura? A third of the movie was him trying to find all of the AFC Championship rings.

But hey, remember the original Ace Ventura? A third of the movie was him trying to find all of the AFC Championship rings.

As far as I know, the NFL still has conference championship rings. I have seen a Vikings one (from the 1970s, of course). Perhaps that dates to the time when the two conferences were in different leagues and maybe they don't have conference champ rings anymore, but they did for quite some time.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived