Bye-Bye Mustard Preds

FlyersHockey1967

Preds wave goodbye to mustard-colored jerseys

Thursday marked the final appearance of the Predators' third jersey.

While popular with many local fans, the mustard sweaters consistently have been rated in polls in various publications and Web sites as one of the ugliest in all of sports.

The NHL won't give its teams the option of wearing a third jersey next season.

That's just fine with players, who said the worst thing about the tops had nothing to do with their color.

Forward Scott Nichol said he hopes not to see them in the postseason.

"They are a heavy jersey," he said. "If we go a long way in the playoffs, when it gets hot out, those would be like wearing a fur coat."

The Predators were 11-1-2 in the mustard sweaters this season. Since 2001 they've won 38 games, lost 19 and tied or lost 11 games in overtime wearing them.

Thank God! I hope this means it will be burned and never seen again.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And with that posting they went from the "horrible" mustard jersey to the "collectable" mustard jersey!

Dan

:censored:. Now I have to buy one. :mad:

I knew it was a matter of time before I was forced to add one to my Curious, Weird and Ugly? Collection.

I know I'm in the minority with this but tht was one of my favourite jerseys

You're a Sens fan, its expected that you have no sense of whats good in sports. :P

Good riddence to bad looking jerseys!!

"They are a heavy jersey," he said. "If we go a long way in the playoffs, when it gets hot out, those would be like wearing a fur coat."

How is the mustard jersey any heavier than the other two in the set? Is it made out of a less breathable material than the other two?

How is the mustard jersey any heavier than the other two in the set? Is it made out of a less breathable material than the other two?

Theres a layer of mesh on top of the cloth. only jersey in league i know of like that. the mesh is dark yellow and the cloth is dark blue which adds to the dreaded mustard effect

If the jersey was actually a genuine yellow like they use on their regular jerseys, and if they dropped that unbelievably awful skull logo from the shoulders, it would have easily made my top five jerseys of all time. I loved the cut of it.

Also, it is indeed a very heavy sweater. The heaviest replica I ever tried on.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

on a realted note, the Sharks wore thier black jerseys for the final time last night.

Yes, both the mustard Preds and the black Sharks should be mothballed. Yay to the NHL for gettin' rid of the whole third jersey b.s.

You're a Sens fan, its expected that you have no sense of whats good in sports. :P

harsh, but true. the fact the Sens continue to trot out that horribly outdated red swirl jersey is proof enough.

Theres a layer of mesh on top of the cloth. only jersey in league i know of like that. the mesh is dark yellow and the cloth is dark blue which adds to the dreaded mustard effect

Good gravy, who the heck thought that was a good idea?

on a realted note, the Sharks wore thier black jerseys for the final time last night.

Yes, both the mustard Preds and the black Sharks should be mothballed. Yay to the NHL for gettin' rid of the whole third jersey b.s.

harsh, but true. the fact the Sens continue to trot out that horribly outdated red swirl jersey is proof enough.

Probably the same guy who thought changing the division and conference names, keeping goalies out of the corners of the ice, putting in shootouts and not putting an asterisk next to Brodeur's "record", and calling penalties just for tapping players' arms as hooking were good ideas.

Well there goes the only decent looking sweater they have. Wait what am I saying; navy, silver and neon yellow are a terrific combination...

FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!

and btw-

Um, the Thrashers use the same technique with their (immaculate) home sweaters, they have powder blue mesh over navy blue. The effect it creates looks amazing up close. And owning one, I can say that it's not that much heavier than a normal jersey. It makes me extremely bummed to know that they prolly won't be able to do that next year, with all these space-age new materials. But I'm still crossing my fingers....

• LMU locked this topic

Archived