Bye-Bye Mustard Preds

FlyersHockey1967

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Theres a layer of mesh on top of the cloth. only jersey in league i know of like that. the mesh is dark yellow and the cloth is dark blue which adds to the dreaded mustard effect

Um, the Thrashers use the same technique with their (immaculate) home sweaters, they have powder blue mesh over navy blue. The effect it creates looks amazing up close.

Does anyone have a close-up pic of either of these jerseys where you can see this effect?

1.) Actual mustard is a totally different shade of yellow...it bugs me when people automatically call "ugly" yellow "mustard" yellow.

2.) I like the jerseys.

who thought that i would agree w/ a Red Wings fan on anything :D

Theres a layer of mesh on top of the cloth. only jersey in league i know of like that. the mesh is dark yellow and the cloth is dark blue which adds to the dreaded mustard effect

Um, the Thrashers use the same technique with their (immaculate) home sweaters, they have powder blue mesh over navy blue. The effect it creates looks amazing up close.

Does anyone have a close-up pic of either of these jerseys where you can see this effect?

preds.jpg

Personally I've always loved the jersey. It's beautifully garish :D

1.) Actual mustard is a totally different shade of yellow...it bugs me when people automatically call "ugly" yellow "mustard" yellow.

2.) I like the jerseys.

I've always listed this color (or combination of the two colors) as Mustard, because the Preds' front office called it that. Oh well.

NashvillePredators_AUC_2007_SOL.jpg

I for one won't miss this crazy-ass color scheme...

:blink:

5-10 years from now they will be the "Retro" jerseys that sell for $400

Who killed off the jerseys??

"Col. Mustard, at the Hockey Rink, with the Skate"

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

How is the mustard jersey any heavier than the other two in the set? Is it made out of a less breathable material than the other two?

The Thrashers 3rd is also this same constuction, at least the replica I have is. It is a navy bule base with the light blue mesh on top of it, but apparently someone else already posted that. If i can steal my roomates digital camera, I'll try to get some pics up by tuesday (i'm at home and its waiting for the playoffs at school!) I have two of those Preds alts and I love them, I think they are great, the gold on blue is cool up close and I know I'm in the minority, but I'm gonna miss them.

SEAsig.png

putting in shootouts and not putting an asterisk next to Brodeur's "record"

Just a whining Flyers fan sore because Parent is no longer on top and their team sucked ass this year. Broduer broke an NHL record, and the class-less Flyers organization made no mention of it because it happened against them. I'm glad they sucked this year, and hope it's a sign of things to come...

Just a whining Flyers fan sore because Parent is no longer on top and their team sucked ass this year. Broduer broke an NHL record, and the class-less Flyers organization made no mention of it because it happened against them. I'm glad they sucked this year, and hope it's a sign of things to come...

I'm actually sad they stunk out loud this season. I loved to hate the Flyers, but it's become hard to hate something that isn't putting up the fight it used to. Though they took the buds to overtime on Tuesday, they lost the season series 4-0. It's sad to see teams like this sucking so much,.Though I among others have the opinion that Flyers fans are the worst on the planet, they love their team. Classless or not they should't be pu throiugh suck a dramatic turn around.

Anyways if the pictures of the Thrashers alt could be put up that'd be great. I think it's a cool but pointless idea, of the mesh being on there.

untitled-6.jpg

Not as good as the pic of the Preds jersey, but I found this online. I'll still see I can do better when I get back to school where my jersey is. In a related note, the socks to this jersey are really cool too. The are light blue on top of navy, so when they stretch out the bottom navy layer becomes more visible.

fulljexelby.jpg

SEAsig.png

Actually jitbag if you watched the flyers broadcast, they talked about it all night. And congratulated him on the record. They even interviewed Parent and he said he'd be happy to have someone like Brodeur break his record. So you should probably check your facts before you start doing the ever popular Philly ripping you dope. And as for the Leafs. Please, are you kidding me? Sucking out loud? I guess not having a cup in 40 years and having your "stud" young goalie let in wristers from inside the blue line isnt sucking out loud right?

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

All right guys, sorry for dragging that record out in this when it was off topic anyways.

So, back on topic, interesting how those jerseys have the double layer. It may look good in person, but I tell you those Predator alts looked HORRIBLE on TV. That layer effect really looked ugly on screen.

The Senators ought to wear the black ones in the playoffs

Doesn't matter what they wear, after game 4 they'll be wearing golf shirts to honour their losing tradition...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Archived