my logo

MVP

I'm sort of a beginner at Illustrator, trying out new things... I implemented this idea in Photoshop a while ago, and I want a vector one, so I used Illustrator to improve and spice it up a bit with the 3D.

Logo.png

Not sure if you could see it, but its aC... AC are my initials.

Does it look kinda plain?

I want to add a gradient sort of look on it, especially the depth part of it... but I'm not sure if gradients are a good thing for logos.

Thanks!

UPDATE BELOW!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

for what it's worth, I had no idea it said AC until you told me... that means that's a weak point, as a logo should be able to communicate clearly what you want it to.... you could use gradients, but be sure to make a version that works without them too.. remember, a good corporate identity needs to work in one color too... and be simple enough to look good at the top of a fax...

Neato concept.

It will work if you change your initials to CL, like if you ever have to go into the witness protection program. Or even DA. Or AD. And putting the C before the A when the C is actually the second initial in the sequence is pure genius.

Don't change a thing LC. Clients love to be baffled.

for what it's worth, I had no idea it said AC until you told me... that means that's a weak point, as a logo should be able to communicate clearly what you want it to.... you could use gradients, but be sure to make a version that works without them too.. remember, a good corporate identity needs to work in one color too... and be simple enough to look good at the top of a fax...

Same here. I was thinking it was "A D" myself...

When I first read it, I saw it as d1 or ad. I had no idea it was aC until you told me. Add "your name here" design to the script or spell out AC design separate from the script as MrAsterisk said.

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Yeah, after looking at it some more, I don't think its working out very well. I'm currently sketching up some new ideas and trashing the 3D concept. Thanks!

Neato concept.

It will work if you change your initials to CL, like if you ever have to go into the witness protection program. Or even DA. Or AD. And putting the C before the A when the C is actually the second initial in the sequence is pure genius.

You know, I already did state I welcome any criticism. Did you have to do it with sarcasm? Have some respect.

However, seeing how people here respond to your posts, I shouldn't take your comments with even a grain of salt.

I like the idea behind it, but like a few or the others, I didn't see the C at first.

I would try to make the C slightly longer so the bottom line goes under the vertical of the A...

Try a few different variations of proportions and overhang.

I don't mind the 3D at all.

I would also spell out AC Design.

Keep the good work!

Neato concept.

I'm going to put this very bluntly:

Shut it.

You've never posted a concept. General Design or Concepts forum. Period.

Neato concept.

Shut it.

Dude doesn't need to because his concepts are being used. As much of an idiot he is,he's better then everyone on the board combined in design. averyj, meet Tom O'Grady,Designer of the Washington Wizards and Charlotte Bobcats(any others,Tom?).

Neato concept.

Shut it.

Dude doesn't need to because his concepts are being used. As much of an idiot he is,he's better then everyone on the board combined in design. averyj, meet Tom O'Grady,Designer of the Washington Wizards and Charlotte Bobcats(any others,Tom?).

As famous as Tom is, I still maintain my attitude towards his response. I do take back what I said last - but frankly, that's not the way to respond to someone.

And you know what? I don't see anything special in the Bobcats' or Wizards' logos. I've seen better. In fact, In my opinion, they're probably some of the worst in the NBA. And I'm not saying that because of a rant, that's my true opinon

Fame doesn't grant you the ability to be nasty to someone without concequence.

As far as I know, nothing can.

Neato concept.

Shut it.

So what if Tom or whoever you claim he is is famous or not? Just because he's great at something doesn't mean he goes and insults everyone who isn't as good as he is.

Funny how you bring up the Wizards and Bobcats (I wouldn't say this if you brought up another piece of work he did), but those two logos and the Bobcats jersey sets are ones that I've heard being made fun of the most out of the NBA.

Also, many people who post up concepts here are beginners and novices. Don't tell me "Tom" was never a beginner at design, because everyone has learning stages at anything they do in life. Once you become a veteran or an intermediate at something, you RESPECT those who are starters, critiquing and helping them improve, not insult them every chance you get.

Neato concept.

Shut it.

That is RICH! How long did it take you to come up with that? Comedic gold.

(...and if you were even remotely serious, you apparently never saw Nitroseed "fix" O'Grady's very own Charlotte Bobcats logo, nor have you seen most of the work of the accomplished guys around here.)

• 3 weeks later...

i didn't see the first, but the latest is pretty nice - it's creative but still fairly simple, the colors work well together...nice work

and, until the buffaslug came along, my personal opinion was that the wizards logo was the worst in any of the major us sports leagues...it looks like something a grade schooler would sketch out

on the other hand, the bobcats logo is solid...not spectacular, but certainly solid

and keebe is a tool...whoever she may be

Looks nice, but I still don't know what it means.

Ac design?

dc design?

does the IGN have a significance?

if you took everything out but the "design" and called yourself "ign design", that would be a great logo.

so, in summary... looks cool, but i can't tell what it means.

Well, its AC DESIGN.

I was weary of the underline... without it, I found it a bit bland, particularly with "design", so I put it in. It doesn't have significance.

Here, I updated it slightly.

Here's my very original, which I have already scrapped, but just for comparison's sake:

Logo-single.png

Update:

AC.png

Latest update:

AC-2.png

Thanks again guys! I hope to keep on improving on this. :)

Looks nice, but I still don't know what it means.

Ac design?

dc design?

does the IGN have a significance?

if you took everything out but the "design" and called yourself "ign design", that would be a great logo.

so, in summary... looks cool, but i can't tell what it means.

Im not trying to sound like an ass or anything , but if you read his first post.....

Not sure if you could see it, but its aC... AC are my initials.

Archived