my logo

MVP

Im not trying to sound like an ass or anything , but if you read his first post.....

Not sure if you could see it, but its aC... AC are my initials.

It's irrelevant if I read his post (which I did). I was telling him how a person would view the logo. Without reading his post, you can't tell if it is an "a" or a "d." Someone who sees his logo in a Yellow Book would not read this post describing his logo. They would go only on what they saw.

Now, I can't tell if it is ac design, or ca design.

This is well done, however I just feel like there is no concept. It violates a logo theory that good logos can be drawn in the sand.

It's good to go back to the drawing board. Apple's first logo did not have a bite in it. 50% of the test cases thought that it was a tomato. So, they put a bite in it.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as the LATEST update, I don't know why you have that lighter shade effect on top, but I LIKE it...

Really don't know why... it does add a dimension to the whole design.

Try to bring the Red "C" on top of all layers, so the shading does not affect it.

I wish that shaded area could be representative of something, but I still like it...

p.s.: Best way to stop online BULLYING is to absolutely ignore those practicing it... They just need some attention and engaging with them gives them relevance.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Jeez, some quick tempers on this thread... <_<

As for the logos, I like the first one much more. THe second, although it is well executed, is very generic and kind of boring IMO. The first one is very nice, try the 'Design' font from your second and third concepts and see what you get. Nice work.

the second one is an improvement and seems more thought out... however, I think you'd have more success if you isolated the "ac" graphic from the words "ac design"... let the graphic stand on its own... it will make more sense if the whole name is spelled out next to/underneath it and take all the guess work out of figuring out what it says...

as currently constructed, it still doesn't quickly and clearly convey the name of your brand... spell it out and don't make people think too hard, then use the graphic as just that, a graphic.

Hi again... I tried some of the recommendations from the above posters for this slight update... let me know what you think!

AC-full-1.png

For version 2, I took into consideration what Providence said, and now this might be easier to identify as AC, rather than CA.

C&C again! Thanks. :)

Wade-sig.png

Here's another update, I tried Joshua's idea of a lightbulb, but I'm not sure if I did it exactly what you saw, so I kinda found it awkward. Or maybe its because of the text that makes it too busy?

I also tried Gazzzaf's suggestion, I did the inverse, but didn't look right.

This time, I added a couple ideas sort of from scratch, I just want to get some feedback on those. Not too sure if anyone likes the fact that I took out AC as a whole, then just used "CREATIONS" as a title, emphasizing the C and A, in reverse, as my initials.

I also added "graphic communications", because I wanted to personalize it more, with graphic communications being the field that I study in for university right now. I want to show that I not only design, but also understand more so in the printing industry. It might also let people know that I'm strictly related to graphics and print media, and not multimedia like Flash or website designing, as "DESIGN" might lead them to think that way.

AC-full-2.png

Please comment! Thanks! :)

Wade-sig.png

2and 3 are a touch complex and quite dated looking.

i see what you are trying to do with 4 and 5 but you might be stretching the concept a bit.

i reckon 1 is your best bet but you might want to mess around with some shapes and see if you can stumble on something clearer.

i might have a crack later if you dont mind?

this was the shape that initially occured to me:

the benefit of something simple like that is that it translates into patterns and you can transfer it to most styles or vurnaculars.

ac.jpg

fraser, i like what you're doing there, but there are a lot of logos that use that kind of shape for the letter "a" - even Quark used it in a big redesign, then went back and had to change it again.

yeah but the letter a is a certain shape. that is one of the simplest wasy of depicting the shape. look at bauhaus fonts. form =function. use no more than you need. i think something like that could work a lot better and look alot more contemporary that the other bits.

I messed around with shapes and stuff, just davidson suggested, and came up with a couple of new ones. (I really like the concept that you made, but obviously I'm not going to copy it. :P)

AC-4.png

AC-5.png

Comment again! Thanks!

Wade-sig.png

Good idea Fraser but I think it would be hard to use situationally like you have done with your own logo for example. That and the "creations" is hardly visible.

sig.png

sorry mate. ive been really ill in bed (and my mac is right by my bed) this weekend and i ran out of work to do. the devil makes work for idle thumbs. ill keep my medalling to verbal criticism! :grin:

i thik the square losange shape is possibly a step inthe right direction. the bottom of the c gets very close to the edge of the box. makes it look slightly unbabllanced.

maybe try out a few fonts using that idea keeping the box all one colour and using colour variation on the text?

Archived