Delta Air Lines Ditching the "Beach Towel"

BlueSky

new%20livery_lr.jpg

I like it. The widget remains, and you can definitely tell it's Delta, but at the same time it says "this is a different era for Delta. We're still Delta, but we're 'reborn.'" The cherry red pops against the navy blue. It's still Delta, but it's new at the same time.

Great update in my opinion. The "Beach Towel" design was terrible... I've always thought that.

My personal favorite airline identity has to go to Frontier Airlines with the animals on the tail.

IUe6Hvh.png

OK, the Citgo connection is bad enough but this? I was at Lowe's today and happened to glance at a faucet display. You guessed it, Delta Faucets. It's just like the widget and the Citgo triangle, not identical but you'd have to be blind not to notice a (very) strong similarity.

delta_c_r_small_th.jpgdelta_logo.gif

It would be interesting to know how much Delta was billed for this "innovative" new branding. :rolleyes:

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

OK, the Citgo connection is bad enough but this? I was at Lowe's today and happened to glance at a faucet display. You guessed it, Delta Faucets. It's just like the widget and the Citgo triangle, not identical but you'd have to be blind not to notice a (very) strong similarity.

It would be interesting to know how much Delta was billed for this "innovative" new branding. :rolleyes:

Considering that the word "delta" and the triangle are pretty much inseparable, this doesn't bother me one bit.

If anything, I'd say the faucet company copied the airline, and even that's a stretch.

Considering that the word "delta" and the triangle are pretty much inseparable, this doesn't bother me one bit.

If anything, I'd say the faucet company copied the airline, and even that's a stretch.

You may be right. I'd forgotten Delta's 1960's branding with that spaced, all-caps, non-italicized lettering. The "new" look would have been a lot cooler had they gone back to that font.

DAL-logo.gif

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived