Blue Jays T cap

Legion

I don't lament the loss of the graphite cap one iota. In fact, just saying the word "graphite" when describing the color of a baseball hat makes me feel like a girl.

I miss this hat...

jays5.png

And this guy...

1130860261_3657.jpg

And this jersey...

juan_guzman_autograph.jpg

Before 2004, the only people I had ever seen anywhere wearing a gray or graphite colored hat were all over the age of 60. When the Jays did unveil them, it took a loooooooong time for me to accept them without disliking them, but IMO, I'm glad they're gone.

I really want the 3930 hat with the T. My local sporting goods store had one in size small, and it actually almost fit my head, but a size up would fit much nicer.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

T hats and grey jerseys again today, as in every Jays game so far this year. Thought the black tops would make their first appearance with a Sunday afternoon game but no.

Probably in the minority but I hope the Blue Jays keep using the greys on the road- with the black hats, it's a nice look.

I don't think you're in the minority, and I know I would love to see the black jersey completely axed. There is ENTIRELY too much black in baseball. What happened to the good ole' days when a team could wear two uniforms 81 times each and call it a day? Keep it up Jays.

T hats and grey jerseys again today, as in every Jays game so far this year. Thought the black tops would make their first appearance with a Sunday afternoon game but no.

Probably in the minority but I hope the Blue Jays keep using the greys on the road- with the black hats, it's a nice look.

I don't think you're in the minority, and I know I would love to see the black jersey completely axed. There is ENTIRELY too much black in baseball. What happened to the good ole' days when a team could wear two uniforms 81 times each and call it a day? Keep it up Jays.

The Jays have done so much tinkering with their look in the last ten years: original logo to maple leaf logo to awful T-bird logo to J-bird graphite to the new T. I just wish they'd stick with one look for a few years at least and the J-bird hats with the whites at home and T hats with grey on the road both look just fine. Here's hoping they stay consistent with these sets for many years.

I know everyone misses the original logo and the World Series era uniforms (I grew up with them too) but the logo especially did have a 1970's asthetic to it & the unis didn't look much different from the Dodgers, Royals, or Rangers. The current whites & greys, despite the criticism about the lack of blue, look clean and sharp without being gaudy and if they stay consistent with the look long enough will be distinctively Blue Jays. I certainly see a lot more Blue Jays caps being worn around now with the current look than I ever did with the old one, even during the World Series years.

The Jays have done so much tinkering with their look in the last ten years: original logo to maple leaf logo to awful T-bird logo to J-bird graphite to the new T. I just wish they'd stick with one look for a few years at least and the J-bird hats with the whites at home and T hats with grey on the road both look just fine. Here's hoping they stay consistent with these sets for many years.

I know everyone misses the original logo and the World Series era uniforms (I grew up with them too) but the logo especially did have a 1970's asthetic to it & the unis didn't look much different from the Dodgers, Royals, or Rangers. The current whites & greys, despite the criticism about the lack of blue, look clean and sharp without being gaudy and if they stay consistent with the look long enough will be distinctively Blue Jays.

I agree completely. I actually really like the general look of the current uniform sets better than anything Toronto has worn before; what I don't like is the color balance. Needs much more blue, less black, less metallic, and more subtlety on the letter shading. But the scripts and logos are just fine.

I certainly see a lot more Blue Jays caps being worn around now with the current look than I ever did with the old one, even during the World Series years.

When I lived overseas a few years back, I noted some patterns with ballcaps:

1. If you saw a person wearing a Yankees cap, he was a local.

2. If you saw a person wearing a Blue Jays cap, he was a Canadian.

3. If you saw a person wearing any other team's cap, particularly the Red Sox, he was an American.

At least as recently as 2005, Canadians in Europe seem universally to wear old-fashioned Blue Jays caps, with the bird and the maple leaf.

Two exceptions: Dutch baseball fans (there are a few) mostly wore Twins caps, on account of Bert Blyleven and Alex Smit; the the one graphite Jays cap I saw overseas, which was worn by a Dutch guy at my local bike shop because he liked the color.

20082614447.png

• LMU locked this topic

Archived