8th in the East

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm actually quite pleased both Toronto and Montreal are out of it. The arrogance amongst the fans of both teams (mostly Montreal), all so incredibly confident they were going to the playoffs, was so overbearing to the point of annoying. I look forward to walking in there and smiling tomorrow.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

Ditto. The Isles-Devils game was actually a good, exciting game for the most part which isn't said very often about a Devils game. I am so pumped that Toronto is not going to the playoffs AGAIN!

8prlQWA.png

Eh, the Leafs had their shot to knock the Islanders off and they couldn't do it. This is the risk you run when you don't take care of your buisness.

Does it suck, being a Leafs fan? Yes. On the other hand though the Leafs are partly to blame for this.

Go Islanders!

As a fan of a Southern hockey team, I'd love to see both Montreal and Toronto left out of postseason play, just to hear the uproars from Ontario and points eastward.....

What uproars? The Isles won fair and square. Sighs of disapointment maybe, but no "uproar" to speak of.

Besides, aren't southern hockey fans the ones who cry foul when a notherner takes a jab at southern teams, just because of the team's location? How does that make you any better?

Besides the Leafs and Habs have more championships and history behind them then the Thrashers could only dream of. So there :P

Go Islanders!

As a fan of a Southern hockey team, I'd love to see both Montreal and Toronto left out of postseason play, just to hear the uproars from Ontario and points eastward.....

What uproars?

From me :P

Am I allowed to go on a rant?

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

The ISLANDERS are in going to BUFFALO!!!, The ISLANDERS are in the PLAYOFFS!!!

Toronto's season is OVER!!!

Eliminated by a gimmick to win over non-hockey fans.

Oh well, I'm sure they voted against the shootout way back when...

So what team will get the Canadian love now?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Somehow, some way... this is Cam Janssen's fault, isn't it?

:P

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

randyc eliminated the canucks from contention of that award... senators fans year-round auto eliminate them... so by default, calgary.

Somehow, some way... this is Cam Janssen's fault, isn't it?

Janssen injured Kaberle and while he was out the leafs lost 4 games... winning any one of those games would've got them into the playoffs

How's that? :)

---

Chris Creamer

Go Islanders!

What uproars?

From me :P

Am I allowed to go on a rant?

Hit it big man B)

randyc eliminated the canucks from contention of that award... senators fans year-round auto eliminate them... so by default, calgary.

It would be Calgary anyway, just like in 2004. If you haven't heard all the Sportsnet guys and Kelly Hrudey drooling over Kiprusoff.

8prlQWA.png

It would be Calgary anyway, just like in 2004. If you haven't heard all the Sportsnet guys and Kelly Hrudey drooling over Kiprusoff.

Ah, another media is biased complaint coming from Vancouver... if anything sportsnet is the best out there for featuring Vancouver in their reports... they seem to go out of their way to avoid a biased label from VBCers

Watch "Connected" at 11pm to see the lead story about the BC Lions interviewing their new team foot doctor ;)

---

Chris Creamer

Ah, another media is biased complaint coming from Vancouver... if anything sportsnet is the best out there for featuring Vancouver in their reports... they seem to go out of their way to avoid a biased label from VBCers

Watch "Connected" at 11pm to see the lead story about the BC Lions interviewing their new team foot doctor ;)

^_^ Good one. But why would that still be shown as a main story for Sportsnet Ontario? For Sportsnet Pacific, I'm sure those sort of things will be shown before say, the Blue Jays game, but that's the great thing about having regions, so people in the east won't have to watch meaningless crap before something they actually care about.

^_^ Good one. But why would that still be shown as a main story for Sportsnet Ontario? For Sportsnet Pacific, I'm sure those sort of things will be shown before say, the Blue Jays game, but that's the great thing about having regions, so people in the east won't have to watch meaningless crap before something they actually care about.

I agree, but while sportsnet sets up regional networks... it seems the entire nation gets the same "connected" program.

---

Chris Creamer

I just got home from the Generals game tonight (terrible reffing, it will ikely be on Sportsnet sometime, but thats another story.) They had the Isles game on there, and more people were watching the OT and shootout than the start of the game in the Arena. Thats how much the game meant to folks up here.

Hey, it sucks that both the Leafs and Habs got knocked out. I did not think that Long island had a chance of making it in, but hey. It's the time of year for the unexpected to happen.

Anyone who says that this is the fault of the new NHL is just bitching because they're upset. The Leafs missed the playoffs because they aren't a good team. Not just the game against Long Island this week, but how many other games this year did they lose because of a soft gola by Raycroft? In spite of him having one of hte best seasons win-wise for the Leafs, he was inconsistent, unreliable, and spotty in net.

The NHL rules could use some change, but blaming this on a shootout is crying becasue you didn't get your way. Leafs lost. Boo-hoo. Fire JFJ and get an actual GM and the team will be much better next year. I like the Leafs, even as Habs fan. Toronto has promise, but get JFJ out of there and hire someone who Paul can work with to build a team, not give out stupid deals to players (no movement deal to McCabe, WTF were you thinking?)

Speaking of the Habs, there is a team that completely collapsed. Int he Fall, they were a step behind Buffalo at one point and miss the playoffs. How many heads are going to roll over that one? Samsonov has to go, get some nice sticks and a pair of pads for Huet for that bum. Open the wallet for Sourey, dump Kovalev, do something with Koivu, they had better do something to give those guys a kick in the ass

Anyone who says that this is the fault of the new NHL is just bitching because they're upset. The Leafs missed the playoffs because they aren't a good team. Not just the game against Long Island this week

No :censored:! Are we supposed to be happy? We all know we could've made the playoffs, not blowing the big lead at Buffalo, beating the Isles just the other day, there were plenty of opportunities to do it.

But I was upset, so I placed blame on an aspect of the game I'm not happy with, helps me deal with it -- I'm fully aware that's not the reason why we're out.

---

Chris Creamer

What's the big deal with getting the 8th seed anyway? It's not like they ever make the Stanley Cup Finals anyway.

Over/Under is at 4.5

SOmeone doesn't have a very long memory. Who was the 8th seed in the West last year? Surely not anyone who made it to Game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals

Anyone who says that this is the fault of the new NHL is just bitching because they're upset. The Leafs missed the playoffs because they aren't a good team. Not just the game against Long Island this week

No :censored:! Are we supposed to be happy? We all know we could've made the playoffs, not blowing the big lead at Buffalo, beating the Isles just the other day, there were plenty of opportunities to do it.

But I was upset, so I placed blame on an aspect of the game I'm not happy with, helps me deal with it -- I'm fully aware that's not the reason why we're out.

Just remember this next time i go on a "Philly Sucks" or "Red Sox Suck" rant...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Man, I'm so sad because my Habs were eliminated by the Leafs... :(

How did they fall with that style?

At least Toronto will not be in the playoffs.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Archived