8th in the East

At least now the Leafs and Canadiens fans can console themselves by uniting against their one common foe:

The Ottawa Senators.

Go book all the good golf courses in Ontario and Quebec, boys!

Give 'em hell on the greens!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really wanted Toronto in it...hell if ottawa was in there shoes I'd be rooting for the leafs too...or maybe the habs....You know what that's not true...GO SENS GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man I can't believe I'm saying this but Come on Sens! I hate the Sabres, Lightning, Isles, Thrashers, and now the Devils. So win the east than loose in the finals! Ottawa vs. Minny for the cup?

I'm actually quite pleased both Toronto and Montreal are out of it. The arrogance amongst the fans of both teams (mostly Montreal), all so incredibly confident they were going to the playoffs, was so overbearing to the point of annoying. I look forward to walking in there and smiling tomorrow.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

Completely agree with you. Though I know there are some fans who know what they're saying, most of them are guys who get pissed drunk and then start rambling on as if they had won the cup for the past 10 years...A week or so ago I went to the Sens/Habs Game and i had some Canadiens fans in front of me, eventually Montreal scored to make it 2-1( ottawa is still leading) And the fans began to sing...Na,Na,na,na,....Na na na na HEYHEYHEY...GOOOODBYE...

As opposed to toronto fans at least knowing what theyre talking about....(most of the time) :hockeysmiley:

I'm actually quite pleased both Toronto and Montreal are out of it. The arrogance amongst the fans of both teams (mostly Montreal), all so incredibly confident they were going to the playoffs, was so overbearing to the point of annoying. I look forward to walking in there and smiling tomorrow.

Completely agree with you. Though I know there are some fans who know what they're saying, most of them are guys who get pissed drunk and then start rambling on as if they had won the cup for the past 10 years...A week or so ago I went to the Sens/Habs Game and i had some Canadiens fans in front of me, eventually Montreal scored to make it 2-1( ottawa is still leading) And the fans began to sing...Na,Na,na,na,....Na na na na HEYHEYHEY...GOOOODBYE...

As opposed to toronto fans at least knowing what theyre talking about....(most of the time) :hockeysmiley:

Oh geez... hum... how many cups has Ottawa won since its inclusion into the NHL 14 years ago? I do believe Montreal has won 1 cup since your teams sorry creation. If you are going to dare attack fans of either team, make sure you get your facts straight first. There is no such thing as a Sens fan - everyone is a bandwaggoner. You must remember most Sens fans at one time were most likely either a Habs or Leafs fan. If they weren't a fan of either of those two, then they were a fan of another team. You know deep deep down in most Sens fans past (who were alive at the time and aware) most bled blue or rouge, bleu et blanc.

If you think you can claim that only Habs and Leafs fans are drunkards who ramble on, then you are one poor, closed minded individual. Most Sens "fans" I have met know jack all about their team, let alone any other team. There are a few I have encountered who actually know a thing or two (and I don't believe you are one of them) about their team and possibly others. You defend your team when they are doing well, but what were you saying when they were bottom feeding at the beginning of the season? Odds are you weren't saying much about them, like most Sens "fans". At least with Habs and Leafs fans, we stand by our teams when things aren't going our way - we dont abandon them and force them almost into bankruptcy...

Be jealous we have passion for our teams, our teams with history that doesn't just extend to having the unfortunate tag of having drafting Alexandre Daige, trading Alexi Yashin for a player who left you for nothing and getting another who is one of the biggest pricks in the game, trading away both Hossa and Havlet who, while one was one of the top scorers this season - the other would have been too if healthy. We have our skid marks too, but you know what, at least we have won cups in the past, at least we have done more good than bad at times. Sure lately neither team has been too good but hey, its only a matter of time before Ottawa heads back to the basement and either or both Montreal and Toronto rise back to the top of the standings when they learn how to adjust to the NHL and draft and sign better players. No team is great forever... look at Colorado...

Have fun bragging now - I'll try and find you when things don't look too good for your Sens... and then we'll see how much of a REAL fan you claim you are...

Eliminated by a gimmick to win over non-hockey fans.

They would have gotten in had they still had that Rover position too, eh? ;)

Hey we won the cup a few times with that rover position :P

Eliminated by a gimmick to win over non-hockey fans.

They would have gotten in had they still had that Rover position too, eh? ;)

Hey we won the cup a few times with that rover position :P

or Powerplays that didn't end on a goal and went the full 2 minutes?

Oh geez... hum... how many cups has Ottawa won since its inclusion into the NHL 14 years ago? I do believe Montreal has won 1 cup since your teams sorry creation. If you are going to dare attack fans of either team, make sure you get your facts straight first. There is no such thing as a Sens fan - everyone is a bandwaggoner. You must remember most Sens fans at one time were most likely either a Habs or Leafs fan. If they weren't a fan of either of those two, then they were a fan of another team. You know deep deep down in most Sens fans past (who were alive at the time and aware) most bled blue or rouge, bleu et blanc.

If you think you can claim that only Habs and Leafs fans are drunkards who ramble on, then you are one poor, closed minded individual. Most Sens "fans" I have met know jack all about their team, let alone any other team. There are a few I have encountered who actually know a thing or two (and I don't believe you are one of them) about their team and possibly others. You defend your team when they are doing well, but what were you saying when they were bottom feeding at the beginning of the season? Odds are you weren't saying much about them, like most Sens "fans". At least with Habs and Leafs fans, we stand by our teams when things aren't going our way - we dont abandon them and force them almost into bankruptcy...

Be jealous we have passion for our teams, our teams with history that doesn't just extend to having the unfortunate tag of having drafting Alexandre Daige, trading Alexi Yashin for a player who left you for nothing and getting another who is one of the biggest pricks in the game, trading away both Hossa and Havlet who, while one was one of the top scorers this season - the other would have been too if healthy. We have our skid marks too, but you know what, at least we have won cups in the past, at least we have done more good than bad at times. Sure lately neither team has been too good but hey, its only a matter of time before Ottawa heads back to the basement and either or both Montreal and Toronto rise back to the top of the standings when they learn how to adjust to the NHL and draft and sign better players. No team is great forever... look at Colorado...

Have fun bragging now - I'll try and find you when things don't look too good for your Sens... and then we'll see how much of a REAL fan you claim you are...

Well if you noticed I was stating a specific example of some guys who were saying goodbye ottawa in a regular-season game where we still had the lead...I'm not questioning your passion to your team either, and in where in my post did i say that...And there are such things as Sens fans because some people were born into that team, at no time in my life was I ever a Hab fanor Leafs Fan so I AM A SENS FAN, I know your probably just venting considering you had to watch another team determine your playoff fate. Also I never mentioned your fans being "drunkards" I said that the Montreal guys at the game were, and I'm not saying because they were drunk theyre a worse team. And when Ottawa was doing bad, what was I supposed to do create a thread entitled: "Hey everyone Ottawa's not doing well just thought I'd let you know I still care about my team", and I'm willing to bet everything I own, to prove to you I know more about my team than you do...

I know one day ottawa will return to the :censored:ter of the NHL teams and I know that's a part of hockey, and I hope it doesn't come soon.

I know many teams have won more cups than Ottawa, well gues what you have already told me that Ottawa doesnt have any cups, more times than your leafs have won the cup.

I'm not jealous for your passion of your team, any fan can say that about any team. So since your team has a long history means you care more about hockey than we do...that seems kind of dumb...

Oh and since when is it my fault that we ALMOSt hit Bankruptcy, believe me at that time I couldn't do much, considering I was only 9ish. Now I support my team all the time, I own season tickets, I attend some of their events held around Ottawa and no matter what I will always be loyal to my team, and I know that that's kind of hard for you to grasp.

I will never be jealous of your hard-headed so called "passion" for your leafs because I already have a Great passion for my Senators. SO :censored: YOU NEON MATRIX, and go on and be a "Real" fan for your leafs and stop bringing up the exact same thing everytime I make a post, even posts about Spider-Man 3???

I know you will just come back and say basically the same thing, but with the help of a Thesaurus, but I really don't care much, and just for you If my team gets eliminated I will make a thread just for you, to prove that hey I like my team when theyre losing... <_<

Well if you noticed I was stating a specific example of some guys who were saying goodbye ottawa in a regular-season game where we still had the lead...I'm not questioning your passion to your team either, and in where in my post did i say that...And there are such things as Sens fans because some people were born into that team, at no time in my life was I ever a Hab fanor Leafs Fan so I AM A SENS FAN, I know your probably just venting considering you had to watch another team determine your playoff fate. Also I never mentioned your fans being "drunkards" I said that the Montreal guys at the game were, and I'm not saying because they were drunk theyre a worse team. And when Ottawa was doing bad, what was I supposed to do create a thread entitled: "Hey everyone Ottawa's not doing well just thought I'd let you know I still care about my team", and I'm willing to bet everything I own, to prove to you I know more about my team than you do...

I know one day ottawa will return to the :censored:ter of the NHL teams and I know that's a part of hockey, and I hope it doesn't come soon.

I know many teams have won more cups than Ottawa, well gues what you have already told me that Ottawa doesnt have any cups, more times than your leafs have won the cup.

I'm not jealous for your passion of your team, any fan can say that about any team. So since your team has a long history means you care more about hockey than we do...that seems kind of dumb...

Oh and since when is it my fault that we ALMOSt hit Bankruptcy, believe me at that time I couldn't do much, considering I was only 9ish. Now I support my team all the time, I own season tickets, I attend some of their events held around Ottawa and no matter what I will always be loyal to my team, and I know that that's kind of hard for you to grasp.

I will never be jealous of your hard-headed so called "passion" for your leafs because I already have a Great passion for my Senators. SO :censored: YOU NEON MATRIX, and go on and be a "Real" fan for your leafs and stop bringing up the exact same thing everytime I make a post, even posts about Spider-Man 3???

I know you will just come back and say basically the same thing, but with the help of a Thesaurus, but I really don't care much, and just for you If my team gets eliminated I will make a thread just for you, to prove that hey I like my team when theyre losing... <_<

Very good response

Very good response

yah sorry about that...forgot about the whole censored words thing, once again sorry for the swear words...I still stand by my team...

yah sorry about that...forgot about the whole censored words thing, once again sorry for the swear words...I still stand by my team...

No one's saying you shouldn't. Standing by your team is what real fans do, but don't attack the passion and devotion of an other team's fans. Yes, the Leafs and Sens are rivals. That doesn't mean you have to belittle Leafs fans every chance you get.

Think of it this way. If the Sens were playing an American team in the Stanley Cup Finals we (Leafs fans) would root for you. If the Leafs were playing an American team in the Stanley Cup Finals, would you (Sens fans) root for us?

No one's saying you shouldn't. Standing by your team is what real fans do, but don't attack the passion and devotion of an other team's fans. Yes, the Leafs and Sens are rivals. That doesn't mean you have to belittle Leafs fans every chance you get.

Think of it this way. If the Sens were playing an American team in the Stanley Cup Finals we (Leafs fans) would root for you. If the Leafs were playing an American team in the Stanley Cup Finals, would you (Sens fans) root for us?

Well I said it because someone else had brought it up, so i stated a specific example. And if anything I was belittling the Montreal fans who get drunk and then start to sing as if they won the game, even though we were still winning...I always root for the Canadian teams no matter who is against them. And I wasn't attacking their passion if you read my first post.

And just to see something go look at the thread about Spiderman 3 and you will see how Neon Matrix belittles me whenever he can, ten go check the thread about the Preds 3rd Jersey.

And for the Record I am not saying that they are not real fans I was just saying how these habs fans were talking nonsense at a game...the last part about the leafs is obviously for comedic effect no matter if it's not the funniest thing you've ever heard or not...

Go Isles! So we don't need to hear all those pro Leafs announcers on HNIC glorify their team on a national program.

I thought exactly the same thing when the game was over. The bias was so evident and so heavy handed that we turned the sound down during the second period and never turned it back up.

It was a great game though, but HNiC has got to learn some level of neutrality. Some Leafs goals were replayed in slo-mo no less than seven times, Habs goals got two replays. I love how the Senators and Canucks great success, is barely a footnote during the whole broadcast.

I really wanted Toronto in it...hell if ottawa was in there shoes I'd be rooting for the leafs too...or maybe the habs....You know what that's not true...GO SENS GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man I can't believe I'm saying this but Come on Sens! I hate the Sabres, Lightning, Isles, Thrashers, and now the Devils. So win the east than loose in the finals! Ottawa vs. Minny for the cup?

You're dead to me.

Well I said it because someone else had brought it up, so i stated a specific example. And if anything I was belittling the Montreal fans who get drunk and then start to sing as if they won the game, even though we were still winning...I always root for the Canadian teams no matter who is against them. And I wasn't attacking their passion if you read my first post.

And just to see something go look at the thread about Spiderman 3 and you will see how Neon Matrix belittles me whenever he can, ten go check the thread about the Preds 3rd Jersey.

And for the Record I am not saying that they are not real fans I was just saying how these habs fans were talking nonsense at a game...the last part about the leafs is obviously for comedic effect no matter if it's not the funniest thing you've ever heard or not...

I'm sorry, I don't use a thesarus - using my ammo against Fred T. Jane against me, forshame!! Come up with something original... and believe me... my crappy voacb would benefit from opening one up...

In regards to the Preds thread, how could I pass up making a crack at someone who has one of the ugliest jerseys in his sig? I would have done it to anyone with a Sens jersey or logo somewhere in their thread, you just happened to post first. In regards to the spidy3 thread, I just felt like being a dick and pointing out that you have the most hated player by Sens fans (that I know) in your sig which is Alfie. With McGratton, I just think he is a complete tool, no skill set what so ever and he DID copy the stupid coloured faux hawk from Bryan McCabe a few playoffs ago which just annoyed me.

You have no right to attack me when you insert anti-leafs comments in your posts - they may be in gist but you can't get offended if it happens to you in responce. If you can dish it, you damn well better be willing to take it in return. If you provoke, you better be ready to deal with the outcome.

In case you don't know anything about Ottawa hockey history - the original franchise DIED (much like the Ottawa Renagades) because people didn't care enough to attend games. Sure the original Sens were successful even at the end, people still did not care enough to come out and support them and thus, lead to their move to St. Louis for 1936. This almost happened a few years back when they were not making enough money even when the team was disgustingly good. For a major city like Ottawa with a large population in the surrounding area, its kind of pathetic that even with the influx of Leafs fans and Habs fans coming to take advantage of the avaliable tickets at the former Corel centre, that the team almost once again had to relocate or fold. My point is is that its hard to believe the loyalty of people in Ottawa of their team when they almost let it die before and they are still selling out a chunk of the seats to either Leafs or Habs fans. Why is it they tried and succeeded in enforcing a "donation" to Leafs and Habs fans in order to buy tickets?? Well kudos for you for having season tickets, I can now sleep easy at night knowing there is at least one Sens fan in the Vault...

If you have EVER read anything I have ever posted in here about my Leafs, you'd see that I am not like you who has blind faith. I KNOW when are are screwed and I am not afraid to say it. Many times this season I have said before a game to my friends that we are going to get smoked and guess what, it happened. I did not for a second believe we could have won the cup had we made it into the playoffs nor would we have even made it past the second round (with Buffalo not playing too well lately and the fact we had outscored Buffalo in the last 2 games we played them... minus the game we blew the lead to lose) that we would have had their number. Mind you, regular season success or failure means nothing because you could be dominating against a team during the season and lose to them come playoff time. It is one thing to be playfully cocky (which I am because I make fun of those who have blind faith) and it is another to actually be cocky, which I know you somewhat are even if you deny it because while I have seen some evidence of you doing it playfully, I have also seen you being serious.

I know the shortcomings of the Leafs, I'm not afraid to talk about how we have not won anything since expansion - but you know what, I have come to terms with it. I know we wont win it again for awhile, but it does not disuade me from sporting a blue and white jersey with pride. While we have not won it in 40 years and we wont be winning it for likely another 40, I can still look back at what we have acheieved, and be proud of it, which is something you Sens fans cant do. Instead, you claim the successes of the franchise that your beloved city let die as your own - hence the banners in the rafters of the Vault. It would be different if they were actually "honoring" the wins of the Silver Seven... which would have been true had they printed them on a barber pole design... not including the modern crest. Thats one of the things that sickens me about the Sens franchise, the fact they try to claim something that was not their AS THEIR OWN, and pretending it is HONORING it. They honored jerseys of players who never played for them... which in my eyes is somewhat more acceptable because from what I remember... they were printed on barber pole and not on a current jersey design. If you can't understand that then I really do feel sorry for you and your team... because as long as they claim those Stanley Cup wins as THEIR OWN and not as another teams from another era... I will more than just despise them and their fans...

I'm sorry if I do pick on you, but you know what, you ask for it. If you dont want Habs and Leafs fans responding to you and making fun of your team - don't make fun of their because you are just asking for it.

You seem like a nice person, but if you keep provoking, I will keep responding...

You're dead to me.

...and I thought he was an actual Leafs fan... :cry: he played us all Steiny... he played us all like fools...

I always root for the team that deserves it more, whether or not they are Canadian. I rooted for Carolina last year and Tampa Bay the year before.

Everyone in Canada says I should always root for the Canadian team(s) in the playoffs, but that logic is flawed when half of Canada will instinctually never root for Toronto or Montreal anyways, no matter how well they do.

You have no right to attack me when you insert anti-leafs comments in your posts - they may be in gist but you can't get offended if it happens to you in responce. If you can dish it, you damn well better be willing to take it in return. If you provoke, you better be ready to deal with the outcome.

[paraphrased] "You have no right to, but because you did, so will I."

ALWAYS love that argument.

Archived