8th in the East

You have no right to attack me when you insert anti-leafs comments in your posts - they may be in gist but you can't get offended if it happens to you in responce. If you can dish it, you damn well better be willing to take it in return. If you provoke, you better be ready to deal with the outcome.

[paraphrased] "You have no right to, but because you did, so will I."

ALWAYS love that argument.

Essentially. lol

What can I say, if someone is going to poke me I'll poke them right back. Its only fair, eh?

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yah sorry about that...forgot about the whole censored words thing, once again sorry for the swear words...I still stand by my team...

No one's saying you shouldn't. Standing by your team is what real fans do, but don't attack the passion and devotion of an other team's fans. Yes, the Leafs and Sens are rivals. That doesn't mean you have to belittle Leafs fans every chance you get.

Think of it this way. If the Sens were playing an American team in the Stanley Cup Finals we (Leafs fans) would root for you. If the Leafs were playing an American team in the Stanley Cup Finals, would you (Sens fans) root for us?

Well I said it because someone else had brought it up, so i stated a specific example. And if anything I was belittling the Montreal fans who get drunk and then start to sing as if they won the game, even though we were still winning...I always root for the Canadian teams no matter who is against them. And I wasn't attacking their passion if you read my first post.

And just to see something go look at the thread about Spiderman 3 and you will see how Neon Matrix belittles me whenever he can, ten go check the thread about the Preds 3rd Jersey.

And for the Record I am not saying that they are not real fans I was just saying how these habs fans were talking nonsense at a game...the last part about the leafs is obviously for comedic effect no matter if it's not the funniest thing you've ever heard or not...

I'm sorry, I don't use a thesarus - using my ammo against Fred T. Jane against me, forshame!! Come up with something original... and believe me... my crappy voacb would benefit from opening one up...

In regards to the Preds thread, how could I pass up making a crack at someone who has one of the ugliest jerseys in his sig? I would have done it to anyone with a Sens jersey or logo somewhere in their thread, you just happened to post first. In regards to the spidy3 thread, I just felt like being a dick and pointing out that you have the most hated player by Sens fans (that I know) in your sig which is Alfie. With McGratton, I just think he is a complete tool, no skill set what so ever and he DID copy the stupid coloured faux hawk from Bryan McCabe a few playoffs ago which just annoyed me.

You have no right to attack me when you insert anti-leafs comments in your posts - they may be in gist but you can't get offended if it happens to you in responce. If you can dish it, you damn well better be willing to take it in return. If you provoke, you better be ready to deal with the outcome.

In case you don't know anything about Ottawa hockey history - the original franchise DIED (much like the Ottawa Renagades) because people didn't care enough to attend games. Sure the original Sens were successful even at the end, people still did not care enough to come out and support them and thus, lead to their move to St. Louis for 1936. This almost happened a few years back when they were not making enough money even when the team was disgustingly good. For a major city like Ottawa with a large population in the surrounding area, its kind of pathetic that even with the influx of Leafs fans and Habs fans coming to take advantage of the avaliable tickets at the former Corel centre, that the team almost once again had to relocate or fold. My point is is that its hard to believe the loyalty of people in Ottawa of their team when they almost let it die before and they are still selling out a chunk of the seats to either Leafs or Habs fans. Why is it they tried and succeeded in enforcing a "donation" to Leafs and Habs fans in order to buy tickets?? Well kudos for you for having season tickets, I can now sleep easy at night knowing there is at least one Sens fan in the Vault...

If you have EVER read anything I have ever posted in here about my Leafs, you'd see that I am not like you who has blind faith. I KNOW when are are screwed and I am not afraid to say it. Many times this season I have said before a game to my friends that we are going to get smoked and guess what, it happened. I did not for a second believe we could have won the cup had we made it into the playoffs nor would we have even made it past the second round (with Buffalo not playing too well lately and the fact we had outscored Buffalo in the last 2 games we played them... minus the game we blew the lead to lose) that we would have had their number. Mind you, regular season success or failure means nothing because you could be dominating against a team during the season and lose to them come playoff time. It is one thing to be playfully cocky (which I am because I make fun of those who have blind faith) and it is another to actually be cocky, which I know you somewhat are even if you deny it because while I have seen some evidence of you doing it playfully, I have also seen you being serious.

I know the shortcomings of the Leafs, I'm not afraid to talk about how we have not won anything since expansion - but you know what, I have come to terms with it. I know we wont win it again for awhile, but it does not disuade me from sporting a blue and white jersey with pride. While we have not won it in 40 years and we wont be winning it for likely another 40, I can still look back at what we have acheieved, and be proud of it, which is something you Sens fans cant do. Instead, you claim the successes of the franchise that your beloved city let die as your own - hence the banners in the rafters of the Vault. It would be different if they were actually "honoring" the wins of the Silver Seven... which would have been true had they printed them on a barber pole design... not including the modern crest. Thats one of the things that sickens me about the Sens franchise, the fact they try to claim something that was not their AS THEIR OWN, and pretending it is HONORING it. They honored jerseys of players who never played for them... which in my eyes is somewhat more acceptable because from what I remember... they were printed on barber pole and not on a current jersey design. If you can't understand that then I really do feel sorry for you and your team... because as long as they claim those Stanley Cup wins as THEIR OWN and not as another teams from another era... I will more than just despise them and their fans...

I'm sorry if I do pick on you, but you know what, you ask for it. If you dont want Habs and Leafs fans responding to you and making fun of your team - don't make fun of their because you are just asking for it.

You seem like a nice person, but if you keep provoking, I will keep responding...

I really wanted Toronto in it...hell if ottawa was in there shoes I'd be rooting for the leafs too...or maybe the habs....You know what that's not true...GO SENS GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man I can't believe I'm saying this but Come on Sens! I hate the Sabres, Lightning, Isles, Thrashers, and now the Devils. So win the east than loose in the finals! Ottawa vs. Minny for the cup?

You're dead to me.

...and I thought he was an actual Leafs fan... :cry: he played us all Steiny... he played us all like fools...

Ok how about this I'll just respond, and then we'll end it...

Why is it that you "felt like being a dick" and did and it's ok, yet if I feel like saying something about the leafs or habs I get shot down for being a "Cocky" Idiot<(and I know you didn't call me an Idiot directly but I mean the comments said pretty much mean that.)

I feel like we can win, and when I say we're going to win, I feel that the Sens can do it.

I didn't know about your "ammo" about the Thesaurus with Fred T. Jane I actually came up with it not knowing you had said that before.

And it's not that I don't want rival team's fans replying I just want them replying to the situation at hand that I brought up in the first place.

And ask yourself if I were to start ranting about how the leafs didn't make the playoffs at a guy who has the Maple Leaf in his sig, when the thread is about fruit juice or something completely irrelevant to the arguement I would be making. What would you do, or how would you feel?

So you say I don't know anything about MY team, and I don't know about the 1936 senators who went bankrupt, yet before when I brought up the "old" Senators you told me many times that that team was not MY team. Ask me what you want about my team and I am sure I can answer it considering I don't live anywhere near any of my friends and I still don't have my full driver's license so I am constricted to my computer and go figure I look up the Senators probably more times than I should.

And what do you want me to do about the leafs fans, do you want me to force society back another 50 years, "we don't take to kindly to your type and then kick you out. Obviously there is a reason for it, you said it yourself, Many of the fans who were there before the Senators came into the NHL in 92/93, were Leafs fans and remained leafs fans so that's obviously why there are so many fans in the Ottawa Area.

And I do know that Buffalo and many other teams have a better shot at the Cup, so I think Ottawa has one last chance, so I think they can do it...I know I've repeated that about 5 times also.

Im also sure you are a good person as well, but I feel that I need to defend myself and my team.

So clean slate...for now??

Hi, how are you?

yah sorry about that...forgot about the whole censored words thing, once again sorry for the swear words...I still stand by my team...

No one's saying you shouldn't. Standing by your team is what real fans do, but don't attack the passion and devotion of an other team's fans. Yes, the Leafs and Sens are rivals. That doesn't mean you have to belittle Leafs fans every chance you get.

Think of it this way. If the Sens were playing an American team in the Stanley Cup Finals we (Leafs fans) would root for you. If the Leafs were playing an American team in the Stanley Cup Finals, would you (Sens fans) root for us?

Well I said it because someone else had brought it up, so i stated a specific example. And if anything I was belittling the Montreal fans who get drunk and then start to sing as if they won the game, even though we were still winning...I always root for the Canadian teams no matter who is against them. And I wasn't attacking their passion if you read my first post.

And just to see something go look at the thread about Spiderman 3 and you will see how Neon Matrix belittles me whenever he can, ten go check the thread about the Preds 3rd Jersey.

And for the Record I am not saying that they are not real fans I was just saying how these habs fans were talking nonsense at a game...the last part about the leafs is obviously for comedic effect no matter if it's not the funniest thing you've ever heard or not...

I'm sorry, I don't use a thesarus - using my ammo against Fred T. Jane against me, forshame!! Come up with something original... and believe me... my crappy voacb would benefit from opening one up...

In regards to the Preds thread, how could I pass up making a crack at someone who has one of the ugliest jerseys in his sig? I would have done it to anyone with a Sens jersey or logo somewhere in their thread, you just happened to post first. In regards to the spidy3 thread, I just felt like being a dick and pointing out that you have the most hated player by Sens fans (that I know) in your sig which is Alfie. With McGratton, I just think he is a complete tool, no skill set what so ever and he DID copy the stupid coloured faux hawk from Bryan McCabe a few playoffs ago which just annoyed me.

In case you don't know anything about Ottawa hockey history - the original franchise DIED (much like the Ottawa Renagades) because people didn't care enough to attend games. Sure the original Sens were successful even at the end, people still did not care enough to come out and support them and thus, lead to their move to St. Louis for 1936. This almost happened a few years back when they were not making enough money even when the team was disgustingly good. For a major city like Ottawa with a large population in the surrounding area, its kind of pathetic that even with the influx of Leafs fans and Habs fans coming to take advantage of the avaliable tickets at the former Corel centre, that the team almost once again had to relocate or fold. My point is is that its hard to believe the loyalty of people in Ottawa of their team when they almost let it die before and they are still selling out a chunk of the seats to either Leafs or Habs fans. Why is it they tried and succeeded in enforcing a "donation" to Leafs and Habs fans in order to buy tickets?? Well kudos for you for having season tickets, I can now sleep easy at night knowing there is at least one Sens fan in the Vault...

If you have EVER read anything I have ever posted in here about my Leafs, you'd see that I am not like you who has blind faith. I KNOW when are are screwed and I am not afraid to say it. Many times this season I have said before a game to my friends that we are going to get smoked and guess what, it happened. I did not for a second believe we could have won the cup had we made it into the playoffs nor would we have even made it past the second round (with Buffalo not playing too well lately and the fact we had outscored Buffalo in the last 2 games we played them... minus the game we blew the lead to lose) that we would have had their number. Mind you, regular season success or failure means nothing because you could be dominating against a team during the season and lose to them come playoff time. It is one thing to be playfully cocky (which I am because I make fun of those who have blind faith) and it is another to actually be cocky, which I know you somewhat are even if you deny it because while I have seen some evidence of you doing it playfully, I have also seen you being serious.

I know the shortcomings of the Leafs, I'm not afraid to talk about how we have not won anything since expansion - but you know what, I have come to terms with it. I know we wont win it again for awhile, but it does not disuade me from sporting a blue and white jersey with pride. While we have not won it in 40 years and we wont be winning it for likely another 40, I can still look back at what we have acheieved, and be proud of it, which is something you Sens fans cant do. Instead, you claim the successes of the franchise that your beloved city let die as your own - hence the banners in the rafters of the Vault. It would be different if they were actually "honoring" the wins of the Silver Seven... which would have been true had they printed them on a barber pole design... not including the modern crest. Thats one of the things that sickens me about the Sens franchise, the fact they try to claim something that was not their AS THEIR OWN, and pretending it is HONORING it. They honored jerseys of players who never played for them... which in my eyes is somewhat more acceptable because from what I remember... they were printed on barber pole and not on a current jersey design. If you can't understand that then I really do feel sorry for you and your team... because as long as they claim those Stanley Cup wins as THEIR OWN and not as another teams from another era... I will more than just despise them and their fans...

I'm sorry if I do pick on you, but you know what, you ask for it. If you dont want Habs and Leafs fans responding to you and making fun of your team - don't make fun of their because you are just asking for it.

You seem like a nice person, but if you keep provoking, I will keep responding...

I really wanted Toronto in it...hell if ottawa was in there shoes I'd be rooting for the leafs too...or maybe the habs....You know what that's not true...GO SENS GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man I can't believe I'm saying this but Come on Sens! I hate the Sabres, Lightning, Isles, Thrashers, and now the Devils. So win the east than loose in the finals! Ottawa vs. Minny for the cup?

You're dead to me.

...and I thought he was an actual Leafs fan... :cry: he played us all Steiny... he played us all like fools...

Ok how about this I'll just respond, and then we'll end it...

Why is it that you "felt like being a dick" and did and it's ok, yet if I feel like saying something about the leafs or habs I get shot down for being a "Cocky" Idiot<(and I know you didn't call me an Idiot directly but I mean the comments said pretty much mean that.)

I feel like we can win, and when I say we're going to win, I feel that the Sens can do it.

I didn't know about your "ammo" about the Thesaurus with Fred T. Jane I actually came up with it not knowing you had said that before.

And it's not that I don't want rival team's fans replying I just want them replying to the situation at hand that I brought up in the first place.

And ask yourself if I were to start ranting about how the leafs didn't make the playoffs at a guy who has the Maple Leaf in his sig, when the thread is about fruit juice or something completely irrelevant to the arguement I would be making. What would you do, or how would you feel?

So you say I don't know anything about MY team, and I don't know about the 1936 senators who went bankrupt, yet before when I brought up the "old" Senators you told me many times that that team was not MY team. Ask me what you want about my team and I am sure I can answer it considering I don't live anywhere near any of my friends and I still don't have my full driver's license so I am constricted to my computer and go figure I look up the Senators probably more times than I should.

And what do you want me to do about the leafs fans, do you want me to force society back another 50 years, "we don't take to kindly to your type and then kick you out. Obviously there is a reason for it, you said it yourself, Many of the fans who were there before the Senators came into the NHL in 92/93, were Leafs fans and remained leafs fans so that's obviously why there are so many fans in the Ottawa Area.

And I do know that Buffalo and many other teams have a better shot at the Cup, so I think Ottawa has one last chance, so I think they can do it...I know I've repeated that about 5 times also.

Im also sure you are a good person as well, but I feel that I need to defend myself and my team.

So clean slate...for now??

For now, with you, I will leave this alone. But when the Sens are eliminated, I'm not going to hold back in posting a pick of the game winning goal against them like I did with Pomminville last year. :P

Just answer me one thing - do you honestly believe how the Sens are "honoring" the past team is right in how they are doing it (aka current logo and font on the Stanley Cup banners)?

Ottawa056.jpg

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Why the Lighting and Thrashers? I get the Sabres playing near Canada and in the same division as the Leafs. The Isles beat out the Leafs to make the playoffs so I get that. New Jersey lost to the Isles so therefore the Leafs got eliminated and you hate them for that. But why do you hate the Lighting and Thrashers? Is it because they play in non-traditional hockey markets?

PS - I need the WSF link

For now, with you, I will leave this alone. But when the Sens are eliminated, I'm not going to hold back in posting a pick of the game winning goal against them like I did with Pomminville last year. :P

Just answer me one thing - do you honestly believe how the Sens are "honoring" the past team is right in how they are doing it (aka current logo and font on the Stanley Cup banners)?

Ottawa056.jpg

To be completely honest I like the look of it :P but I don't think they should be there especially the top-of-division banners. And it always confused me when i was a kid.

Oh and as soon as we win the cup I will be there puuting up pic after pic after pic of the sens with the cup overhead. :D

GO SENS GO!

Hi, how are you?

To be completely honest I like the look of it :P but I don't think they should be there especially the top-of-division banners. And it always confused me when i was a kid.

Oh and as soon as we win the cup I will be there puuting up pic after pic after pic of the sens with the cup overhead. :D

GO SENS GO!

I wouldn't blame you if you did... but we all know that will just have to remain a dream of yours for many years to come. :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT WE HAVE 11 CUPS ONLY 2 AWAY FROM YOURS OTTAWA COULD DESTROY YOU, I HOPE YOU HAVE FUN GOLFING ILL BE SEEING A BANNER IN A MONTH OR SO!!!!!GOSENSGOGOSENSGO!!!!!!

j/k all I know is I'll be enjoying some playoff hockey. :P

Hi, how are you?

Eliminated by a gimmick to win over non-hockey fans.

They would have gotten in had they still had that Rover position too, eh? ;)

Hey we won the cup a few times with that rover position :P

or Powerplays that didn't end on a goal and went the full 2 minutes?

We could go on... :D

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

^ I want to say no for Gainey. Two big factors working against the team this year were out of his hands (IMO)

1. Samsonov was a dud. He had a great second half, and a great playoff run, and then never panned out this year. It's all he said vs. he said for that lockerroom stuff, but bottom line, he didn't live up to what was expected out of him, he played worse than his bad years in Boston.

2. Huet's injury. You could argue that it's their problem that they don't have a decent back-up for him for emergencies. Abesher is a bum, I still can't fathom why you get a mediocre Goalie for a former Hart/Vezena winner.

I want Gainey to do in Montreal what he did in Dallas, time to put up or shut up Bob

I still can't fathom why you get a mediocre Goalie for a former Hart/Vezena winner.

Vezinas aren't what they used to be. -- Jim Carrey

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT WE HAVE 11 CUPS ONLY 2 AWAY FROM YOURS OTTAWA COULD DESTROY YOU, I HOPE YOU HAVE FUN GOLFING ILL BE SEEING A BANNER IN A MONTH OR SO!!!!!GOSENSGOGOSENSGO!!!!!!

Would they wait till the opening night of the season in September or October to raise a banner? That's more than a month away...

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I still can't fathom why you get a mediocre Goalie for a former Hart/Vezena winner.

Vezinas aren't what they used to be. -- Jim Carrey

Really?

jim_carrey-slide.jpg

Or, did you mean the goaltender? That would be one r, not two.

Really?

jim_carrey-slide.jpg

Or, did you mean the goaltender? That would be one r, not two.

Crap, I thought I had spelled right. mea culpea :)

Would they wait till the opening night of the season in September or October to raise a banner? That's more than a month away...

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

Yah I was going for the immature, pre-pubescent fan, but I did actually mes up with that I was just referring to the Cup.

Hi, how are you?

^ I want to say no for Gainey. Two big factors working against the team this year were out of his hands (IMO)

1. Samsonov was a dud. He had a great second half, and a great playoff run, and then never panned out this year. It's all he said vs. he said for that lockerroom stuff, but bottom line, he didn't live up to what was expected out of him, he played worse than his bad years in Boston.

2. Huet's injury. You could argue that it's their problem that they don't have a decent back-up for him for emergencies. Abesher is a bum, I still can't fathom why you get a mediocre Goalie for a former Hart/Vezena winner.

I want Gainey to do in Montreal what he did in Dallas, time to put up or shut up Bob

Eh, I don't know if losing a goalie with a save % of .891 and goals against of 3.26 in 33 games this season was much of a loss... especially when they got a goalie who is a year younger who had a .900 save % and 3.17 goals against in 32 games. Looks like that Hart and Vezina trophy that were won 5 years ago have not done much for poor Theo except make his contract a big burden on the Avs and make it impossible to move him again...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Archived