Simpsons!

CC97

from the episode where Bart and Lisa and all the kids in town try out to have something to do with mr. burns... I can't think of the name but I think they got the real estate if they died.  Neither Bart or Lisa win and as they're walking out to the car, Homer says --

"Well kids, you tried -- and you failed.  So what does that teach you?  Don't try!"

IUe6Hvh.png

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mr. Burns pulls up to a gas station in his 1920s style car wearing goggles, a hat, and scarf.  Marge is standing at the pump.

"You there, fill it up with petroleum distillate, and re-vulcanize my tires, post-haste."

I love his early-20th Century slang   :D

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

A great one from when The Simpsons house sat for Mr. Burns when he went to get his check-up.

In a hallway in the mansion

Bart drives by in a mini car-

"I'll Al Unser Jr!"

Lisa rides by on a pony, knocking over an end table

"I'm Princess (someone)"

Homer drives by on a riding mower, destroying the end table

"I'm DRUNK!"

Submitted for your approval..oops! wrong show.....

Actually, the very first episode when Bart sent to a school for gifted kids is probably first on my all time SVC (Simpson's Viewer Choice) List. On Bart's first day, Homer teaches him how to put a tie on..he takes off his clip on tie. At the opera, Carmen -in Russian- is playing and when the Toreador tune is playing, Barts chimes in......

Toreador

Don't spit on the floor

Please use the cuspidor

That's what it's for!! :D

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

I have the 2nd season on dvd and those shows sucked. They were trying to be a serious show. The middle season's where they made jokes and didn't care who they offeneded were great. It has gone down hill, but it's still funnier than most shows on tv.

IMO, Family Guy is a show that one can get sick of really quickly.  I loved the show when it first came out and had the intention of getting the DVDs, but after watching the repeats over the summer I got sick of it.   Basically any sentence spoken in the past tense is followed by a flashback of something right out of left field.  You can't blame them for trying but the joke of trying to bombard us with jokes and obscure 80's references grows thin pretty quickly and I just never found it funny anymore.  And all the jokes I did find funny the first time, got old very quickly.  How funny can Kool-Aid man bursting through a courthouse be after watching it ten times?

My two favorite animated shows now are Futurama (even though it's off the air) and King of the Hill.  Futurama because the futuristic setting allows for more outlandish jokes to be applied logically and give old jokes a fresh new twist with say an alien or a robot.  And I love King of the Hill because all the characters were so simple-minded and down to earth and never realize how stupid they really are.  South Park is still reverent and funny and it's shock value lies in the bizarre context of the situation, not the shock for shock sake that Family Guy tried to apply.

The Simpsons first few seasons don't seem as funny as the 4th, 5th and 6th seasons were, but there are still great gags to be found in them.  I eagerly wait with baited breath for the Season Four DVD.  I wonder if Conan O'Brien contributed a commentary track to the two episodes he wrote in season four.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Family guy is right up there with the simpsons, true they don't have that many shows, but one of the funniest things on Family guy was when Peter thinks back to when he was a kid and says

Little Peter - Why did the Dinos all die

Some guy -  BECAUSE YOU TOUCH YOURSELF AT NIGHT

Thats Great

At lease we was there, where was St. Louis, Dallas, Philly, Kansas City, Green Bay, Tenn, Seahawks, Denver, Indy, and the Ravenspantherplayoff.jpg

How about a showcase of Thrift master, Chuck Garbezian.

"You Fat Cats didnt eat all your plankton, now its all mine."

"See my suit, i got it half off 'cause Roy Cohn Died in it,

See this yacht, got it cheap because it smelled like catpee,

See these models, they used to be men."

The whole epsiode Homwer Simpson versues NYC was a classic. From begining to end.

Homer has his car booted at the World Trade Center and has to wait for the cop to come.

After drinking crab juice Homer has to really go to the bathroom and he is squimrimng and dnacing all over the place because he does not want to go and have the cop come.

He sees an add on the bus taht says Flushing Medow and he dreams he is running through a field with toliets, then he can fight it no longer so he goes into the tower shoves him wway up to the front of the line only to have the toliet out of order so he has to run back down staris and into the other tower

He finally gets to a bathroom looks out the window and sees teh cop writing another ticket before walking a way, and Homer yells D'oh and it could be heard all throught the city.

The show alos had my favorite Simpson musical number as teh rest of teh family went to a musical about the Betty FOrd Center.

You're Checkin' In {nh}

Judge: How do you find the defendant?

Juryman: He's guilty of mayhem, exposure indecent.

Man: Freaked out behaviour both chronic and recent.

Jury: Drinking and driving, narcotic possession.

Man 2: And that's just page one of his ten page confession!

Judge: I should put you away where you can't kill or maim us, But this is LA and you're rich and faaaaaaaaaaamous!

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Family Guy > Simpsons

I knew i liked more than your designs.

Agreed... got the family guy set for xmas and birthday... while RC has a point you can get sick of them because its easier to see 3 seasons of repeats than simpsons 15... but truth be known i like Family Guy, Simpsons, King of the Hill and Futurama...so I shall honor all 4...

Family Guy

(stewie trying to call home from a hotel when brian is drunk)

Operator I want to call... Oh right you have to dial these things nowadays. Whats our number again? Oh right 867-5309. Blast. Damn you Tommy Tutone. Alright there is only one way to do this. 111-1111... Lois? Damn 111-1112 Lois? Blast.

King of the Hill

(The guys are trying to capture a raccoon under hanks house)

Dale: Ok hank once I go in close this screen behind me its the only way in and out. No matter what I say or do or how much I scream do not remove this screen.

(climbs in Hank closes the screen)

Alright I think I got him cornered... ahhh oh mu god help help hank let me out for the love of god let me out hank please ahhhhhhhh...

Hank: Alright Im opening up the screen.

(opens the screen raccoon runs out ladybird chases after it and Dale crawls out all scratched up)

Dale: I gave you one simple job and you couldnt do it

Futurama

Highly recommend the "Spanish Fry" and "where no fan has gone before" episodes...but this is from "The Why of Fry'

(fry finds out he is most important person in the universe due to him being his own grandpa causing him to have a special brain pattern... funny stuff really the only cartoon i know that actually refers to past episodes like an actual series)

Nibbler: You are the last hope of the universe.

Fry: So I really am important. How I feel when I am drunk is correct.

Nibblonian: Yes, except the Dave Matthews Band doesn't rock.

Simpsons

(When the mensa group takes control of springfield)

Comicbook guy: In true inspiration from the most logical race in the galaxy; The Vulcans. Mating will only be allowed once every 7 years, for some of you that will be much less but for the rest of us much much more.

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

I'm not a big Simpsons fan, but I loved the Ayn Rand day care episode--especially the references to one of my favorite movies, "The Great Escape"  But the best things about that were visual.

As for lines--from "See my Vest" as sung by Mr Burns-

"See my loafers, former gophers, it was that or skin my chaffeurs"

Family Guy--uneven--but when it's good it's hilarious.

Favorite lines--"I knew her when she was a table"-Stewie about Brian's mother.

Best episode--the first one with William Shatner.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Ralph Wiggum: the leprechaun tells me to burn things

and from the Episode Homer gets a gun.....

Homer: I use my gun for everything, watch as i turn on the T.V.

(homer squints one eye and shots the T.V. three times, then it turns on with a guy being shot and falling off a building)

Trying is the first step twords failure.

-Homer Simpson

------------------------------------------------------

And for our Family Guy crowd...

...Yea, not like those free loading canadians...

Canada Sucks....

-Peter Griffin

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Archived