Alts in NHL Playoffs

Lalalaloser

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought I had heard once that you can only wear two jerseys either per round, or for the whole playoffs. It would mean that the Sabres would have to stop wearing their home jersey, like Anaheim did last year.

watching buffalo raise the cup with no shirts on would be better than the buffaslug...

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I believe the rule is that every team must choose a home and an away jersey for the entire playoffs. Toronto chose their white alternate as their away jersey in the 04 playoffs and Anaheim chose their dark alternate as their home jersey last season.

Atlanta will be wearing their blues, which were alternates last season, but are now their official home jerseys.

And if I have to see Buffalo win a Cup, I'd rather have them do it in their retros.

I believe the rule is that every team must choose a home and an away jersey for the entire playoffs. Toronto chose their white alternate as their away jersey in the 04 playoffs and Anaheim chose their dark alternate as their home jersey last season.

Atlanta will be wearing their blues, which were alternates last season, but are now their official home jerseys.

And if I have to see Buffalo win a Cup, I'd rather have them do it in their retros.

I'd rather see the Islanders knock them out in the first round, but that's just me. ;)

I beleive that Flyers is correct on this, that a home and road must be selected for the entire playoffs. This has been the clase in the last two season of playoffs, but back in 2001, I rember the LA Kings wearing the black roads for the all of the games until they forced a game 7 in Colorado. But from what I understand this cant be done anymore.

573265.jpg

1434993.jpg

SEAsig.png

Well if they stick to no alts next year--we won't ahve to worry about alts in the playoffs--but we may have other things to worry about... <_<

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I beleive that Flyers is correct on this, that a home and road must be selected for the entire playoffs. This has been the clase in the last two season of playoffs, but back in 2001, I rember the LA Kings wearing the black roads for the all of the games until they forced a game 7 in Colorado. But from what I understand this cant be done anymore.

The Sabres wore the red and black jerseys in a series against the Flyers. But yes, it's now down to only one home and one away jersey.

1zgyd8w.jpg

What is the reasoning behind not letting the teams use all three of there uniforms (If applicable)? Unless the NHL is thinking that marketing a team wearing three different jersey's during a series would confuse people. I personally think the rule is unnecessary.

I like the idea of using the home shirts for all finals matches. Whether they are at home or away.

What would you do in a game between say the Rangers and Leafs, who boh have blue jerseys.

saBS.png

Whats the deal with teams wearing their alternate jerseys in the playoffs? Ive heard many different answers on this topic and was just wondering if they can be worn or not. It would be awesome to see the Sabres raise the cup in their blue retros

The Senators theme for the playoffs this year is "Be Red", so I guess that's the end of the black & gold alternate jersey.

I'm quietly begging on my hands and knees that Minnesota does not wear their red jerseys. I want them to be consistent for the playoffs.

Given the rumors that the red jersey will become the official home jersey next season, I'm guessing it'll be red.

I belive Larry Quinn said when releasing the new unis that if the Sabres ever won the cup in Buffalo they would be wearing the throwbacks.

He also said everyone would love the buffaslug once they saw it "in context"

Considering that the Canucks will be phasing out their current set of uniforms anyway, does anybody think the Canucks will use their retro blue as their home jersey throughout the playoffs? It certainly wouldn't surprise me, since we've seen the Stars, Ducks, Blues all do this before phasing out their current unis.

Juventus.png

I like the idea of using the home shirts for all finals matches. Whether they are at home or away.

What would you do in a game between say the Rangers and Leafs, who boh have blue jerseys.

In that situation then yes, the away team would switch to white. But if its say Flames v Rangers, then no one changes, Kings v Sabres no change.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

They'd have to change conferences first :P (and the leafs would have to make the playoffs -- let's get that joke out of the way)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived