Alts in NHL Playoffs

Lalalaloser

sabres wearing new, cool, unique, jerseys with a buffalo on the front, not a slug

You mean the jerseys that, due to a lack of waist striping look like long-sleeved t-shirts with idiotic front numbers and over complicated sleeve striping with a poorly rendered buffalo logo that makes no actual reference to the team name?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thats what i meant when i said new and unique and cool

Your sense of style is severely lacking.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The logo may not be great but I think the jerseys are pretty cool and mostly everyone else likes them too. this is the only place where i still hear criticism.

Funny, 'cause this is the only place I hear anyone defend them.

honestly i'm kind of getting sick of hearing buffaslug and all of the bashing of the new jerseys. i mean if you don't like the new logo and jerseys that much than keep it to yourself or come up with something better, and the only one who has tried to do anything has been js. i mean just because it is not the most flattering logo in the entire world does not mean it is the worst either, and i know ill get someone saying "yes it is" but honestly, its not. i think if you go to a game and watch the sabres play at home in their regular home jersey than see them in their alternate retros you will see how outdated and old those retros are and how sharp the new ones are, and i dont mind the sabres being associated with the BUFFALO on thei new jerseys, and obviosuly many people in buffalo dont mind either. and you can call the people in buffalo bandwagoners but honestly what is so bad about supporting a sports franchise you love?

honestly i'm kind of getting sick of hearing buffaslug and all of the bashing of the new jerseys. i mean if you don't like the new logo and jerseys that much than keep it to yourself or come up with something better, and the only one who has tried to do anything has been js. i mean just because it is not the most flattering logo in the entire world does not mean it is the worst either, and i know ill get someone saying "yes it is" but honestly, its not. i think if you go to a game and watch the sabres play at home in their regular home jersey than see them in their alternate retros you will see how outdated and old those retros are and how sharp the new ones are, and i dont mind the sabres being associated with the BUFFALO on thei new jerseys, and obviosuly many people in buffalo dont mind either. and you can call the people in buffalo bandwagoners but honestly what is so bad about supporting a sports franchise you love?

Throwing out the fact that the "logo" doesn't really look like a buffalo (more like a pokemon, actually).....

I've seen them play in the roadies, in person. They were not the best dressed/sharpest looking team on the ice. Without question.

The retros may be dated, but you could have given them an update for your team's new look. Instead, we get clowns on skates. Nobody wins. Except the Sabres owners.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Nobody in Buffalo friggin cares anymore. The team is actually winning. Maybe the curse will finally be reversed cuz of this logo. Maybe the Bills should switch over to a legless Buffalo too. Hell, let's go universal with our logos in Buffalo.

Um, people have been doing blue and gold Sabres concepts for years bucko, even before the advent of the buffaslug. Most, if not all, are better then the crap that Sabres currently wear. Yes, js' are probably the best and get the most exposure, but he's not the only one making Sabres concepts superior to the current set, not by a long shot.

So what, because you like the current look we should all shut up about it? :rolleyes:

Face it, your team has adopted a logo and uniform set that most people find ugly. If you like them, good for you, but just accept it that most of us think it sucks.

You say it's not the worst in the NHL, you may be right, but it's in the top twp, easy. The only other logo out there that could possibly be considered worse then it is the Predators' alternate logo.

Know I'll explain why I think the buffaslug is one of the NHL's worst marks:

1) It makes no reference to the team name "Sabres". There's nothing wrong with using a buffalo in the logo, but the best way to do so would be to use one in the same way the buffalo was used in the original logo, jumping between two sabres. It captures the team name perfectly. The goat head logo and the buffaslug make (made) no reference to the team's actual nickname.

2) The buffalo itself is poorly rendered. It has no legs, the forward momentum it illustrates would send flipping over head first, and the face lacks any sort of defining detail. He looks like he's wearing a Zorro mask for crying out loud.

So there you go. I don't hate the buffaslug out of some blind hatred, I hate it because it's an ugly, poorly rendered logo that doesn't even make a reference to the name of the team it represents. It would be like the Maple Leafs adopting a CN Tower logo. Sure it represents the city, but not the name. On top of that, the buffalsug doesn't even properly represent a buffalo correctly.

As for the jerseys....

1) The front numbers are completely unnecessary. They clutter up the front of the jersey.

2) The lack of waist stripes make them look less like hockey sweaters and more like long-sleeved t- :censored:s. The whites look even worse then the blues in this regard.

3) The sleeve striping is designed in such a way that unless the player is holding his arms up in the air you can't see the striping details.

Sure the throwbacks are a little on the plain side, but the logo is solid (design-wise) and it conveys the team name perfectly.

The jerseys themselves, are again, a little plain, but they're solid, and much better then the gaudy eyesores they wear as a primary home/road set.

As for its popularity in Buffalo, it's not that hard to figure out. The team's winning. If they stunk up the ice this season fans would be rejecting the buffaslug uniforms faster then NY Islanders fans turned on the fisherman sweaters.

The general opinion among fans who don't root for the Sabres is that the new logo and uniforms suck. Basically once you take off the rose-coloured glasses of a winning season you'll see these clown uniforms for what they are.

It's called discussion. If you don't like it maybe a message board isn't the right place for you.

you're kidding, right?

If anything a message board isn't right for you if all you do is argue with people. You can't deny that it is a notorious posting pattern you possess.

It's called discussion. If you don't like it maybe a message board isn't the right place for you.

you're kidding, right?

If anything a message board isn't right for you if all you do is argue with people. You can't deny that it is a notorious posting pattern you possess.

enjoyincubus122 gave his opinion and I disagree with it. We have a message board to exchange ideas. He gave his opinion, I gave mine. Again, if my response seemed mean spirited it was because he told me, and anyone else who dislikes the current Sabres set to keep it to themselves. Come on Mikey, that's uncalled for and you know it.

If he would have just left that part out I would have said, "Ok, you like the Sabres look, I don't here's why."

Isn't that the point of these boards, to exchange ideas with one and other?

all you do is argue with people

Only when it involves matters worth arguing. The above response to enjoyincubus122's post wasn't me starting an argument, it was me posting a response to his post, which as I understand it is the point of a message board.

When Tank posts incoherent ramblings about liberals turning the USA into the USSR then yes, I'll argue with him.

When a conservative who knows what he's talking about posts something concerning his political views I'll engage him in argument.

When people defend drunk drivers I'll argue.

When people spew crap about my race owning everything in the world, operating secret Jewish-only bus lines (:huh:), and controlling the American presidency with a secret Jewish conspiracy I'll argue with him.

Now I'm sorry that a month or so after I joined four years ago I posted a NHL realignment proposal that excluded the Sharks, I really am. I think it's time to let it go though, don't you think?

Now come on, lets bury the hatchet, what do ya say? drinkingbuddies.gif

If he would have just left that part out I would have said, "Ok, you like the Sabres look, I don't here's why."

However the way in which you "exchange your ideas", at least to me and a few others around here, exhibit confrontational tones and hostility. May not be your intentions, but that is how they are percieved. It is very apparent you need improve your communications skills so you can stray away from this dubious course that you have set yourself upon. You may not see it, and you may even deny you have such a problem, but there are those that don't see it as such. Share your opinions and be a little bit....check that, a LOT more careful in the manner in which you do, it will help you greatly.

Now come on, lets bury the hatchet, what do ya say?

Once again.....you're kidding, right?

However the way in which you "exchange your ideas", at least to me and a few others around here, exhibit confrontational tones and hostility. May not be your intentions, but that is how they are percieved. It is very apparent you need improve your communications skills so you can stray away from this dubious course that you have set yourself upon. You may not see it, and you may even deny you have such a problem, but there are those that don't see it as such. Share your opinions and be a little bit....check that, a LOT more careful in the manner in which you do, it will help you greatly.

Well thanks for that. Really, thank you. I understand where you are coming from, I recognize I can be opinionated, and I'll try to work on it. So thank you for having the stones to tell me.

If others out there feel the same way, they're free to PM me whenever they have a spare moment.

Now come on, lets bury the hatchet, what do ya say?

Once again.....you're kidding, right?

Not really. Life's to short to stay mad at people. Sure there are some people who'll always get on your nerves, everyone deals with that, but at least to me, you're not one of those people. I actually have a lot of respect for you. You're an extremely talented artist, you're a passionate sports fan, and you say what you have to say, you don't sugar coat it. We got off on the wrong foot, but that doesn't mean we can't bury the hatchet now.

wow sorry i said anything....

No worries, you just got caught up in something.

Still, don't say something like "everyone who doesn't agree with me should keep it to themselves" and expect it to go unnoticed.

but everyone who says that the jerseys and logo are horrible are making people who actually like it feel like they are stupid or dumb for liking it, which is worse than any logo could ever be. so in a sense saying how ugly it is is making everyone who disagrees with you not saying anything because they feel liek they are going to be attacked right away, which isn't what a message board is about.

but everyone who says that the jerseys and logo are horrible are making people who actually like it feel like they are stupid or dumb for liking it, which is worse than any logo could ever be. so in a sense saying how ugly it is is making everyone who disagrees with you not saying anything because they feel liek they are going to be attacked right away, which isn't what a message board is about.

So you want people to stop talking about how they don't like the Sabres' new look just so you don't get your feelings hurt? :therock:

Look, no one is telling you what to like. If you like the Sabres' new look, all the power to you. Trust me, it's not going to affect what I, or anyone else for that matter, think about you as a member here. We all like different things, not just in regards to sports logos and uniforms, but tv shows, music, movies, etc. So feel free to like what you like.

If, however, there's something that you like that most people don't like, and you express it (especially in the way you did, whether that was intentional or not), people are going to question you about it. That's just how things work. Message boards are for the exchange of ideas. If you say you like something most people don't like, then they're going to respond that they don't like it.

Bottom line? You like a uniform and logo that most people here find ugly. That's cool, like I said we all like different things. But don't expect your opinion to go unquestioned, and even more importantly don't expect the majority to keep quite just so your feelings don't get hurt.

Archived